Nowadays, Yahoo is one of the most favorable mail application. You can use the Yahoo account as a messenger and for multiple other purposes. In the meantime, while using the Yahoo application, you can rarely find some issues with the Yahoo application. Several users claim that when they do some important work on their Yahoo account, ‘Yahoo mail error 14’ suddenly shows up on their PC screen. Therefore, if you one of the users, then you might encounter the problem. But, in most cases, this issue solves automatically. However if not, then you can go through this post which is completely based on “how to resolve the Yahoo mail error code 14?” in an efficient manner.
Significant Reasons Behind the Yahoo mail error 14
If you’re a new user of the Yahoo mail, then you might not know why the Yahoo mail error 14 suddenly pops up on your display screen. Well for that, here we have mentioned the most common reasons for which this Yahoo mail error appears on your Yahoo account:
- When you install the Yahoo mail app, if any corrupted file is downloaded unknowingly, then such error code might pop up on your display screen.
- If you don’t update your Yahoo account for a very long period, then Yahoo Mail temporary error 14 might boil up some troubles for you.
- Sometimes, the outdated Windows Operating System might lead this unknowing error code.
- In some cases, an abundance of cache and cookies prevents users to access the service of Yahoo mail account.
- The wrong configuration of Yahoo account settings can responsible for the Yahoo temporary error code 14.
- Besides, the features of the Yahoo Mail might not be supporting to your current browser and as a result, error code 14 occurs.
- Log in with invalid password and username of your Yahoo Mail account might be another potential cause for this issue.
- Furthermore, several malicious programs/viruses also conspire to put the Yahoo mail error 14 up.
Major Indications of the Yahoo Mail Error 14
There are some major indications that lead you to the Yahoo error code 14. To know them, have a look below:
- Can’t access to the Yahoo Mail account settings.
- Not able to sign in to the Yahoo Mail account.
- Unable to send messages to email recipients.
- Freezing of the Yahoo Mail account.
These are the most common indications which indicate that something went wrong on the Yahoo Main account. Once you get stuck with the Yahoo error 14, you are unable to do anything with your Yahoo account. However, don’t worry. Well, in the below section, we have enlisted all the top-rated solutions that will help you to troubleshoot the ‘Yahoo mail error 14.’ So, let’s proceed:
How to Fix Yahoo Mail Temporary Error 14? Necessary Steps You Should Try
Here, in this section, you will get all the necessary workarounds with complete steps that you can try to get rid of the ‘Yahoo temporary error 14.’ Therefore, let’s move on to the procedure:
Method #1: Check the Internet Connection
In the beginning, you have to be sure that you have a strong and stable internet connection. To check it, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, navigate to the Taskbar and right -click on it.
- Then, a drop-down menu will appear on the display screen.
- From the menu list, select ‘Start Task Manager’ option.
- Now, go to the Networking section in order to check your internet connection
Method #2: Re-verify the Security Software
If you a third-party security program, then it can conflict with the Yahpp mail app and as a result, you might receive the Yahoo mail error 14. In such a situation, it is recommended you to disable the specific application that can cause this error:
Disable the Security Program:-
To disable the problematic security program, you need to follow these steps:
- Firstly, you need to go to the Windows Notification area.
- Then, click on the Microsoft Security Essentials icon.
- Next, navigate to the Settings tab and then, hit the ‘Real Time Protection’ button
- After that, look for the ‘Turn On Real-Time protection On’ option.
- Once you find it, simply hit that button in order to uncheck that option.
- Now, simply tap on the Apply button as well as the OK button to save the new changes.
After disabling the security software, check whether the issue has been fixed. In case, if the issue still remains, then you should uninstall the program. However, after solving this Yahoo error, you can reinstall it again. But, at this moment, it is quite essential to uninstall the program.
Uninstall Antivirus Program:-
In order to uninstall the third-party antivirus program, proceed to the below steps:
- First of all, navigate to the Start menu.
- Then, click on the ‘Settings.’
- Now, on the Settings menu, simply tap on the ‘System.’
- Next, look for the ‘Apps & Features’ option.
- Once you locate it, just click on it.
- Now, choose the security program you require to uninstall.
- After this process, press the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Now, you will be asked to confirm the process, just hit the Yes button.
In this way, you can easily uninstall the third-party antivirus program. Now, check if the error gets eliminated or not.
Method #3: Update the Yahoo Mail App
After uninstalling the Yahoo mail app, if you still get the same error code, then you might be able to resolve this issue by only updating it. As many users have reported encounter the same error and according to them updating the Yahoo mail application to the latest version can resolve this glitch. To learn the process, check out the steps below:
- At first, click on the Start menu.
- Then, go to the ‘Settings’ section.
- Now, in the ‘Settings’, click on the ‘Update & Security’ settings.
- Next, select the ‘Windows Update’ button.
- After that, you will find the ‘check For Updates’ button.
- If updates are available, then press the ‘Insta; Update’ button.
- Now, you need to confirm the process, Thus, hit the Ok button to confirm.
We hope that after performing this process, you will get rid of the Yahoo mail error. But if the error still appears, then you might need to reinstall the Yahoo mail app.
Method #4: Reinstall the Yahoo Mail App
To reinstall the Yahoo mail app, go to the ‘Settings’ first. After that, in the ‘Settings’ section, tap on the ‘Apps.’ Next, navigate to the ‘Apps & Features.’ Then, select the application you need to reinstall. Now, simply hit the Uninstall button and then, press the OK button to confirm the process. Now search for the application that you just uninstall. Once you find it simply click on the ‘Install Now’ option in order to reinstall it again.
Method #5: Clear Cache and the Cookies
If you still encounter Yahoo mail application related error code, then it is most likely with the browser cache. Therefore, you need to clear the cache and cookies. To do that, check out the below steps:
- Primarily, navigate to the ‘Settings’ app.
- Then, under the ‘Advanced Settings’ click on the Privacy tab.
- Here, in the ‘Privacy Tab,’ you need to tap on the ‘Clear Browsing Data’ option.
- Now, hit the ‘Advanced’ button.
- Once it is done, simply choose the following: Download history, Browsing history, Cached images and files, Cookies and other site data.
- Now, you will find the ‘Clear Data’ option.
- Once you are done, exit all browser windows and then, re-open the browser. Now, see if the issue has been fixed.
Method #6: Use the Command Prompt and PowerShell
Furthermore, you might resolve the Yahoo error 14 by simply performing the SFC and DISM scan. As we all know that these sans are designed to repair the corrupted system files. Basically, corrupted system files might cause this error. Therefore we hope, after running the SFC mad DISM scan, the problem should be fixed. To run the Sfc scan, you have to do the following:
- First, press the Windows + X function keys all together in order to launch the Win + X menu. Now, in the Run dialog box, type ‘Command Prompt(Admin). Now, select it from the result list.
- In case, if you don’t find the Command Prompt available, then you can click on the PowerShell (Admin).
- Once the Command Prompt opens simply type “sfc/scannow” and then, press the Enter key.
Keep in mind, this process will take 25 minutes. Hence be patient. After running the sfc scan see if the issue gets removed. If the SFC cannot resolve the issue, then you might require to use the DISM scan. Thus, you can follow the steps below:
- At first, open the Comand Prompt as an administrator.
- Now, navigate to dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- Once you are done, simply hit the Enter key in order to run it.
Method #7: Perform a System Restore
If all the above methods fail to resolve the Yahoo mail app error 14, then you might have to perform the system restore as it is a pretty reliable way to fix such kind of error.
To do this process, you need to press the Windows logo key + S function keys simultaneously in order to the Run dialog box. After that in the Run dialog box, enter “System Restore” and hit the Enter key. Next, you have to select ‘Create A Restore Point’ option. Now, in the System Properties window, tap on the ‘System Restore’ button. After that, a System Restore windows will open. Thus in the System Restore window, you need to press the Net button. Here, you will find a list where all the available restore points are there. If any update available, then check the ‘Show More Restore Points’ button. Now, you have to choose the desired restore point Once it is done, simply hit the Next button and then, follow the on-screen prompts in order to complete the further procedure.
Hopefully, with the help of the above methods, you’ll be able to resolve the Yahoo mail app error. However, if you find any difficulty while performing the processes, then you can clear your doubts through appropriate guidance. Thus, feed in your query in the feedback section below.