Among the Xerox printer models available worldwide, Xerox Workcentre 6027 is the most versatile and multifunctional one. But it may seem to the user that the setup and installation processes are complicated. However, this is not the case. Before printing, you need to plug in your computer as well as the printer. They should be turned on and connected. First of all, you need to configure the initial settings of the printer. After that, you need to install the driver software as well as the utilities on your P.C. You can link the Xerox directly from your P.C with the help of USB. Otherwise, you can connect over a network with the help of Ethernet cable. Xerox always prefers an Ethernet connection since it is much faster than a USB connection. Moreover, it gives access to Xerox Centreware Internet Services.
Therefore, this article will enlighten you with the Xerox WorkCentre 6027 all-in-one color led printer setup process.
Steps for Setting up the Xerox Workcentre 6027 All-in-One Color Led Printer
To successfully set up the Xerox Workcentre 6027 printer, you need to follow some definite steps. The steps to follow are as mentioned below. It is recommended that you do not skip any step, and complete them one by one to set up your Xerox Workcentre 6027 printer without any errors.
In order to modify the settings on your Xerox Workcentre, you have to access your printer using a web browser. Before you start with the Xerox WorkCentre 6027all-in-one color led printer setup, please keep in mind the following points
- TCP/IP and HTTP should be enabled if you wish to access the printer’s webpage, also referred to as CentreWare Internet Services. So, if you disable any of those services, you need to enable them before you can access CentreWare Internet Services.
- First of all, you may require the IP address of the printer. However, if you are skeptical about this fact, you can view this on the Configuration Report tab so that it gets printed by default.
You need to open a browser like Firefox, Internet Explorer or Chrome on your desktop. Then enter the IP address of the Printer in the address field. After that, tap Enter. It might be the case that the printer is locked. Then you need to enter the system administrator user name as well password in order to access the Properties tab. Your default username for the administrator is ‘Admin’ and password is ‘1111’.
Now, you need to configure the settings. Therefore, you need to follow the below steps to accomplish that.
- First, navigate to Properties present in the CentreWare Internet Services. Then press Connectivity and after that click on Protocols.
- Press SMTP.
- You have to choose Specify SMTP Server manually, present under the Required Informations tab.
- Choose Host Name as the address type.
- Now provide mail.smtp2go.com as the hostname. Next, you need to provide 2525 as the port number.
- After that, provide the email address in which you want to receive the emails, in the Email Address field.
- You need to choose System, under the Login credentials. It asks the printer to use the Login Name as well as the Password configured on this page.
- Now provide the SMTP2G0 SMTP Username in the Login Name field and then you need to provide SMTP Password in the password field.
- Now you need to disable APOP.
- Finally, you need to tap on the Apply button in order to save the new settings.
Hopefully, this article gives you a thorough methodology for Xerox Workcentre 6027 all-in-one color led printer setup. Moreover, by following the above steps you will get a picture perfect idea about different considerations you need to adopt for the successful setup of this particular model of Xerox printer. Also, go through the user manual for a quick glance.