Xerox Phaser 6500 n color laser printer setup is one of the most tricky tasks, which you need to perform before you can start using it. If you are unaware of the detailed process of Xerox Phaser 6500 laser printer setup, then you are on the right page. This article will provide you with the exact steps and procedure, with the help of which, you will be able to perform this particular action on your own. This article consists of a step by step guide which will help you out in setting up this particular model of Xerox laser printer.
Xerox Phaser 6500N Color Laser Printer Setup: Steps to Follow
Here are some expert steps using which, you will be able to perform the setup action on your own.
Step 1: Unbox your Printer
In order to set up your printer, at first, you have to unbox your printer and remove all packing materials as well as packing tapes from it. Once done, you have to insert papers in it. Take a note that, you have to insert standard-sized papers only. After that, you have to follow the next step.
Step 2: Install your Printer
In order to install your printer, you have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- At first, turn on your computer, ap on the Start button and choose the Devices and Printers option.
- Now, in the Devices and Printers window, tap on the option Add a printer.
- In this Add Printer window, tap on the option Add a local printer.
- Once done, you have to create a new port as well as select a standard TCP/IP Port from the drop-down menu. When done, click on the Next button.
- Once done, you have to enter the IP address of your printer. Take note that, you can obtain your IP address by referring the IP address lookup table for your location. Now, tap on the option query and the printer will automatically choose the driver to use. When done, tap on the option Next.
Remember, that if your system can’t detect the printer, then you have to select Manufacturer and Driver.
- Once done, scroll down to the Xerox under Manufacturers.
- Once done, you have to select the
Xerox Global Printer Driver PS and then click Next to continue. Please note that if you see more than one option for the global printer, then you have to choose the most recent driver.
- Now, choose the option named Use the driver that is currently installed (recommended).
- Now, try to enter a descriptive name for the printer in the text box next to Printer name.
- Once done, choose the option Do not share this printer, and then, tap on the option Next to continue.
- If you notice that your printer was added successfully, then you can see a confirmation message. Click on the option named Print a test page to confirm that you can print on the printer.
- Tap on the option Close, in order to close the application.
- Tap on the option named Finish.
- In case you want to view the new printer listing by clicking in the Devices and Printers, you will be able to see the entry of your printer.
Step 3: Assigning IP Address
After performing the previous step, you have to assign the IP address, using the steps mentioned below. In order to assign an IP address:
- At first, go to the control panel, and tap on the machine status button.
- Now, tap on the Tools button.
- Go to the Admin settings and go to the Network option.
- Go to the Ethernet option and locate the TCP/IP option.
- Now, go to the Get IP Adress section.
- Select the panel and click on the option named OK.
- In the restart system prompt, tap on close.
- Tap on the IP address.
- Now using your keyboard, insert the address and click on Apply and OK.
- In the restart system prompt, you have to tap on the option which is close.
- Once done, turn off your printer and turn it on again.
In this way, you will be able to perform the action without any hassle. After performing the setup process, you will be able to print from your system. Once you complete the setup process you can print a test page to check if your printer is working.
We hope using the above steps, you will be able to perform the Xerox Phaser 6500 n Color Laser Printer setup without any hassle. Try to follow each and every step carefully. It is recommended, not to jump any of them. If you encounter any kind of glitches while performing the steps, you can leave your feedback in the comment section.