To establish a secure connection with other devices, it is necessary to find WPS Pin on HP printer. Through this wireless connection, you can print your important documents, files from anywhere, at any time. Hence, you would only require a WPS pin on Printer and a wired network or wireless router and easily connect your wireless printer to your personal device in order to print.
Most of the time after installing the HP printer and printer driver on your computer, it asks for WPS Pin for wireless connection which is difficult to find for any user. So if you are not sure what is WPS Pin and where you can find this pin code then follow this below-mentioned guidance.
What is WPS & WPS Pin?
WPS know as Wi-Fi Protected Setup. This feature is mainly available in routers. To get a secure wireless connection between your router and wireless devices, the WPS setup can be helpful. For this fast and easy wireless setup, one would require a password that is encrypted with WPA Personal or WPA2 Personal security protocols.
Nowadays, WPS support can be found on many networking devices including your modern wireless printers, Laptops, tablets, smartphones, and others. But to get this wireless connection, your operating system should work with WPS.
Another most important thing is the WPS pin. According to many security researchers, this eight-digit pin is insecure and easy to hack. A smart hacker can easily hack this pin by using advanced tools in fewer hours and even get your security key and avail access to your network. That is why you should protect your WPS pin for HP printers by using the necessary steps.
How to Figure Out WPS Pin On HP Printer?
Mainly, HP Printers offer two types of WPS connection. WPS button and WPS pin are the two options that you can use any of these two options to connect your printer to your operating device.
Use WPS Button and Connect your HP Printer
Go through these steps to find WPS Pin on HP Printer, to set up a connection through the WPS button.
- Navigate the printer’s control panel and hit the wireless button.
- Choose Wi-Fi Protected Setup option and proceed with the process by following on-screen instructions.
- Select the WPS button and then press the WPS button on the wireless router.
- Go to your printer and click continue for Wireless connection.
- Establish a secure connection to prepare your printer for printing.
- Now to connect your hp printer via WPS pin, visit the printer’s control panel again. Here, you can find the WPS pin on the screen.
- Make sure your wireless router is able to access the settings utility or software.
- Enter your WPS Pin code to the necessary field and complete the setup process.
- For installing the network printer driver, go to All Programs>open the HP printer folder>Printer setup & Software>choose the “Connect a fresh printer” option.
Connect Your HP Printer Via WPS Pin
- To complete this task, first, go to the printer’s control panel page and then press the wireless button.
- Click on the Settings button>Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Check out the on-screen instructions and hit on the PIN when you are prompted to do so.
- Now, you can find WPS PIN on the screen.
- Access setting utility or software for the wireless router or wireless access point.
- Enter the WPS Pin code in the appropriate field.
- Once you finish the setup process, you can install a network printer driver by the following steps.
- Go to the All Programs>open Printer’s HP folder>Printer setup & Software >select Connect a new printer option.
Apply these steps to find WPS Pin on hp printer but if you still need support then take help from professional technical engineers to find the best ways to complete the process. They can guide you better.
Frequently Asked Question On WPS Pin for HP Printers
- Where is WPS Pin located on HP Envy Printer?
If you do not know about the WPS button and where it is located on your Envy printer then you can refer to the printer’s manual or you can get this pin on printer’s control panel of your HP printer.
- How to get a security key in the router?
The security key is the password that is mainly used for a home network. This is the key that allows you to establish a secure connection with your wireless router and confirm your authorization to do so. For connecting any device to the wireless router, this key should be matched.
- How to find out the WPA2 key on my Apple Mac Computer?
For adding any new device and computer to your home wireless network, you would require a WPA2 encryption key that you have to enter on the new device. By using Mac’s system preference menu, you can regain this key easily.