Microsoft Windows is that computer Operating System that most people around the world use. This has in it all the necessary features one might need to do their work. But what really makes this tick is the support for a lot of other extra features. Among these, the Windows Live Mail is a really important software. This has brilliant features, but with that comes the possibility of various errors. The Windows Live Mail won’t open issue is one among the many.
If you are currently facing this issue, then you do not have to worry at all. As you will be able to fix the Windows Live Mail won’t open Windows 7 issue on your own. And, this article will show you the best ways to do it.
The Causes of the Windows Live Mail won’t Open Issue
The Windows Live Mail won’t open although is a technical glitch that you will be able to fix by yourself. Still, the fact stays the same that the Windows Operating System is a very complex piece of software.
In order to avoid any kind of mishaps, what you need is a complete understanding of the problem.
And thus, if you know why Live Mail won’t open Windows 10, then you will be able to get a lot of benefits. First of which is that you will be able to effectively avoid a lot of the issues that might have come your way.
Other than that, when you will be attempting the solution steps that we have given here in this article. You will find that these things are very technical, especially for the average computer users.
If you know the reasons for this particular issue, then it will definitely help you understand the technicalities of the solution better. And thus, you will be able to carry them out in a much more efficient manner.
And now that we have made clear why you need to know the causes why Windows Live Mail won’t open. Now, let us go ahead and state the specific reasons for this issue.
Technical Issues Behind this Windows Live Mail problem
Among the primary causes of the Windows Live Mail won’t open issue. The first that comes to mind is the issue with the cache memory of this software.
Also, there is the wlmail.exe which if there in your system and is somehow corrupted. Then, it is very likely that you might come across this issue. Generally, it is malwares that lead to errors like this, but there can be other reasons as well.
Again, if there be some issue with software compatibility, then also you might face this error. And this kind of an issue is more common than you might think and many users have reported this.
Another thing that can be there is that if the Windows essentials set of programs are somehow under compromise. That can lead to this issue, as well as others like this one. Sometimes that will be a direct consequence of the compromise. And at other times it might be indirectly related.
Finally, if there is an issue from the program with the working time of your computer system, then also, you will not be able to open Windows Live Mail and use the messaging features and others.
So, now that we have covered all the reasons why you might face the Windows Live Mail won’t open issue. It is time we go ahead and take a look at how you can solve this problem. So that you will be able to use the Windows Live Mail facility once again.
Step by Step Solutions for the Windows Live Mail won’t Open Error
In this section of the article, let us go ahead and take a look at all the different methods you can apply. So that you will be able to fix this issue in the most efficient way possible.
It will be best if you know exactly what the issue is in your case. So that you can go straight to the fix for it, as we have covered all the possible solutions here. But if you do not have that information at hand, then there is no problem.
Apply these steps one by one and you will be able to resolve the Windows Live Mail won’t open issue.
Use Windows Live Mail from the Compatibility Mode
If there be any issue with the compatibility of the program, then the best way to do away with that is rather simple. Just run the Windows Live Mail from the Compatibility Mode of the Operating System.
To do that, here are the things that you need to do –
- Follow the C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mail path and open up that window.
- Look for the wlmail.exe file and then right click on it to open up the dropdown list. In that list, click on the Properties option which is going to be near the bottom of the list.
- In the window that comes up from here, look for the Compatibility tab and then click on it.
- Click on the checkbox next to the Run this program in compatibility mode for option. And underneath that, choose the particular version of Windows that you have.
- Finally, click on the Apply button which you will find on the bottom right to apply the settings. And to finish it, click on the OK button.
This completes the main part of the process of using Windows Live Mail from Compatibility Mode. To finalize it all, you will have to restart your computer, which will save all these new settings.
And this will very likely solve this issue. If it does not work, then go on to the next step.
Get Rid of the Windows Live Mail .cache
As we have said in the previous section of the article, that a congested cache can cause this problem.
So, if that is causing this issue in your case, then you will have to delete all the data from your cache. Here are the steps you need to take to make it happen –
- Open up the Windows Run dialogue box by simultaneously pressing on the Windows and the R key.
- Once you are in that window, in the Open: panel there, type in %localappdata%. Then, click on the OK button.
- Now, in the local folder window, double-click on the Microsoft option.
- Again, double-click on the Windows Live option to open it up.
- In that window then, look for the .cache folder and select it once you find it. Then, click on the Delete option to delete all those files.
Now, that you have deleted all the files from here, empty the Recycle Bin as well.
Remove the wlmail.exe and Restart this Program
This is a very effective way to fix this problem as it will overwrite any issue that might be there. So, in order to do this, here are all the steps that you can take –
- Go to the Windows Task Manager by simultaneously pressing the Ctrl, Shift, and Esc keys.
- In the Task Manager window, look for the wlmail.exe and once you find it, right click on it. From the dropdown list that comes from there, click on the End Task option.
- Now after you have restarted your system, check whether the issue is fixed.
After you are done with this process, you will very likely be able to run the Windows Live Mail.
Fix the Windows Essentials Programs
The Windows Essentials programs are pretty important. And if something is wrong in them, then it can very well trigger some problem with the Windows Live Mail.
That can lead to a situation where you are not being able to open the Live Mail feature. So, to fix up the Windows Essentials issues, here are the steps to take –
- Go to the Windows Control Panel, shortcut for which will be to simultaneously press the Windows and the X key.
- In this window, look for Uninstall a Program option. Then, once you find it, click on it which will bring you to the next window.
- In the list that you will see in the window, look for the Windows Essential option. After you find it, right click on it to bring up the dropdown list.
- In that list, choose the Uninstall/Change option and that will bring up the uninstall window.
- Within that particular window, click on the option for repairing the system.
- Now, you will start getting all the necessary instructions on the screen itself. Follow these and that way you will be able to fix the Windows Essentials.
After the final step, all you will need to do is restart your computer once. And that will apply all the necessary settings that you have made. Thus, you will be able to fix the Windows Live Mail won’t open issue.
Set the PC to a Previous Working Time
Setting the working time of your computer to that of a previous one is a potent solution to this issue.
In order to do that, here are the steps that you need to take –
- Press the Windows key and the R key both at the same time. That will bring up the Windows Run dialogue box.
- In the Open: panel there, type in sysdm.cpl and then click on the OK button.
- Now, the window that appears, go to the System Protection tab and click on the System Restore option.
- After that, click on the Next option and select the System Restore point that you want to.
- From here on, you will get all the instructions that you need from the screen itself. Follow along with all of those instructions.
This is going to fix the problem and with that you will be able to open. And then after that, use the Windows Live Mail.
This completes all the solutions that you are going to need to fix the Windows Live Mail won’t open problem.
In case nothing works, then it is probably indicating that there are more serious issues with the system. Something for which you are definitely going to need professional tech support.
So, if that is an issue for you, then do not think twice before seeking the best tech support you can.