Compatibility mode is a feature of Windows which allows an application to run even on an older version of Windows. Well, like any other Windows versions, Windows 10 also supports compatibility mode. If you are not aware of this feature, then follow this article till the end. It contains several guidelines to perform the task. Before going on that part, let’s focus on the reasons due to which you have to turn on the compatibility mode.
Why Do You Have To Turn On Windows 10 Compatibility Mode?
You have to turn on compatibility mode in Windows 10 to increase the performance of an application. For this reason, it is also known as “‘Program Compatibility Troubleshooter”. Using this feature, you will be able to run an older version of an application on your newer version of Windows.
Step By Step Guide To Turn On Compatibility Mode In Windows 10
You can turn on Compatibility mode on Windows 10 on your own by following the given methods:.
Method 1: Using Programme Compatibility Troubleshooter
You can use the programme compatibility troubleshooter to perform this action. On that note, navigate to the search box and follow the steps carefully.
- In the search box, type ” Run program”. You will able to see the search results.
- Now, click on the Run Program made for previous versions of Windows.
- After that, click Next.
- Wait for some time.
- Select from the list of the software the one that you want to run in compatibility mode and click Next.
- In the Select troubleshooting option panel, you have to choose Try recommended settings.
- After this process, that application will start running in compatibility mode.
- In this case, if you want to run more than one application in compatibility mode, then you have to perform this action for each of them.
You can also use the next method in this case.
Method 2: Change Compatibility Settings
You can also try changing compatibility settings. For that, right-click on the specific application you want to run in compatibility mode.
- Click on Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab, then check the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for:
- You can see a drop down box on your screen. On that, select the version of Windows to use for your application.
- Click Apply and then OK to save the changes.
After following these process, you will be able to run the application on compatibility mode. It is recommended to perform every step carefully. You are advised not to skip any one of them.