If you are a Windows 10 user, you might have experienced limited WiFi issue and when you perform the network troubleshooting it will throw an error “The default gateway is not available Windows 10”. You will find a yellow exclamation symbol on the WiFi icon available in the system tray and will not be able to use the internet until the issue gets resolved. The main cause of concern is corrupted or incompatible Network Adapter Driver. You encounter this error owing to the unwanted virus in some situations. Henceforth, we need to troubleshoot this error entirely. Without wasting any time, let’s have a look at the effective fixes to fix the default gateway is not available Windows 10 issue by following the under-mentioned guidelines effectively and thoroughly.
Effective Fixes for Default Gateway Not Available Issue:
Go through the below steps to counteract the default gateway is not available Windows 10 issue.
Fix 1: Disable Antivirus Temporarily
- First, you need to click on the Antivirus Program present in the system tray. Then, you need to choose the Disable option.
- Next, you need to choose the time frame for which Antivirus will get disabled. Further, select the smallest amount of time required for 15 to 30 minutes.
- If you fix this issue after disabling the antivirus, then you can uninstall it entirely.
In most of the cases, the major cause of the issue is associated with antivirus. If you have installed any antivirus security program in your PC, then it is advisable to uninstall them totally.
Fix 2: Uninstall Network Adapter Drivers
- First, you need to click on Windows key as well as R key at the same time. Then, you need to write devmgmt.msc and click on Enter in order to open the Device Manager.
- Next, you need to expand Network Adapters and detect the network adapter’s name.
- After that, ensure to take down the adapter name if something unusual happens.
- Then, right-click on the network adapter and after that, you have to uninstall it.
- If you receive any popup for Confirmation, choose Yes option.
- Next, you need to restart the computer and then reconnect it to your network.
- If you can’t connect it to the network, it signifies that the driver software is not installed automatically.
- After that, you need to visit the official website and download the driver.
- Next, you need to install the driver and then restart your P.C.
If you reinstall the network adapter, you can definitely fix this annoying the default gateway is not available Windows 10 error.
Fix 3: Updating Network Adapters
- You need to click on Windows key as well as R key at the same time. Then, type “devmgmt.msc” in the Run dialog box in order to open the Device Manager.
- After that, you need to expand the Network adapters. Further, you need to press the Wi-Fi controller and choose Update Driver Software.
- Next, you need to choose to Browse my computer for driver software which is available in the Update Driver Software Windows.
- Moreover, choose Let me pick from a list of device drivers on My Computer.
- After that, you need to uncheck Show compatible hardware option.
- Finally, choose Broadcom available on the left-hand menu. After that, in the right window pane, select the Broadcom 802.11a Network Adapter. Then, you need to press Next in order to continue the process.
- Eventually, you should tap on Yes button if you receive a popup for confirmation.
This method is really suitable for fixing the default gateway is not available Windows 10 WiFi issue.
Fix 4: Modify Power Management System Settings for Network Adapter
- You need to click Windows key as well as R key at the same time. After that, provide devmgmt.msc and then tap on the Enter key.
- Next, you need to expand Network Adapters. After that, you need to press on the installed network adapter and choose Properties.
- Then, you need to shift the gear to the Power Management Tab. After that, you have to uncheck the box entitled Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Next, press OK. Finally, you can shut down the Device Manager.
- Moreover, you need to click on Windows key as well as I key at the same time in order to open the Settings. After that, press Click System and then press Power & Sleep.
- Thereafter, select Additional Power Settings present at the bottom.
- Next, click on Change plan settings which are present next to the power plan which you are using.
- You will find the Change advanced power settings present at the bottom. Click on that.
- Furthermore, you need to expand Wireless Adapter Settings. After that, expand the Power Saving Mode.
Thereafter, you will find two modes namely On battery as well as Plugged in. Henceforth, you need to modify each of them to the Maximum Performance Mode. Finally, you need to tap Apply after clicking on OK and then reboot the system in order to save the unsaved changes. This step is suitable to fix the default gateway is not available Windows 10 fix issue.
Fix 5: Assigning the Default Gateway Manually and the IP address
- First, you need to click Windows key as well as X key at the same time. After that, you need to choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Then, you need to write ipconfig in the cmd window. After that, hit on Enter.
- Next, you have to take a note of the IP address, default gateway as well as the Subnet mask present under WiFi. After that, shut down the cmd option.
- Thereafter, right-click on the wireless icon present on the system tray. Then, choose Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Furthermore, click on Change adapter settings present at the left-hand corner.
- After that, press Wireless Adapter Connection which signifies this issue. Next, choose the Properties option.
- Moreover, you need to choose Internet Protocol Version 4 and after that, select Properties.
- Next, tick Use the following IP address. After that, provide the IP address, Default gateway, as well as Subnet mask as mentioned in Step 3.
- Moreover, click on Apply after pressing OK in order to save the changes.
Eventually, you need to restart the computer and examine whether you have successfully fixed the default gateway is not available in Windows 10 issue.
Hopefully, you will find this article useful if you follow the above step-by-step guidelines thoroughly. You will effectively counteract the default gateway not available in Windows 10 seamlessly. Moreover, you can refer the user manual to have a quick glance. Also, do provide your valuable feedback in the comment section below.