If you go to the Windows 10 settings application, there you will find the Phone App icon. This allows you to connect the phones with the Windows 10 system. Thus, you can receive notifications directly on the desktop. This is where “YourPhone.exe” process is required.
If you go through the Task Manager and view “YourPhone.exe” process then worry not. If you think yourphone.exe to be a virus then it is not. Its main purpose is to maintain a connection between the phone and desktop.
This process enables you to sync photos through Windows 10 to a mobile device, provided both the device have the same Microsoft account.
Now, if you want to disable this process then the way outs are basi9c and simple. This article will help you to gain a clear insight into the process and how to disable “YourPhone.exe” process.
How to Disable the “YourPhone.exe” process in Windows 10?
Follow the below-mentioned instructions to disable the process without harming the Windows OS.
Method 1: Turn Off the YourPhone.exe Process
YourPhone.exe can occupy a large space of internal memory. You can easily save the system resources by simply turning it off if it is not required.
- First, you have to open the search box of the Windows 10 system. And for that press Windows + S key together.
- Type “Background Apps” in the search box.
- Next, you have to click on the Background Apps option within the Settings window.
- Scroll down to find the Your Phone app and select the Advanced option.
- Then, you have to turn off the option for Your Phone application.
- Next, close the Settings window and reboot your computer.
Method 2: Remove the Your Phone App from the System
Simultaneously, you can also uninstall Your Phone app from the Windows 10 system. For that, you have to use an in-built tool that comes along with Windows OS.
- First, you have to open the Start menu.
- Next, search for “Windows Powershell” through the search option.
- Right-click on the top results, and then select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Then, you have to write “ Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.your phone -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage” command in the Powershell and hit the Enter button.
- Once you are done with the above steps, the “Your Phone” application will be removed from the Computer.
These 2 methods will help you to eliminate the yourphone.exe process. However, you won’t be able to sync your phone with your Windows 10 device any further. To regain the process you have to install the application once again.
How to Re-Install “Your Phone” Application? Use the Microsoft Store
If you want to get back the “Your Phone” App, then you can simply do that by using Microsoft Store. Simply follow the steps given below:
- First, you have to open the Start button.
- Search “Microsoft Store” through the search field and hit the Enter key.
- From the result, select “Microsoft Store” and click on it.
- Next, use the search box which you will get in the top-right corner and search for “Your Phone App”.
- As soon as you are able to locate the application, click the Install button next to it. This will help you to get back the App once again.
Hope you find this article helpful. Do not forget to leave a comment in the feedback section below. If you have any other doubts then keep following our tech related-articles.