Adobe error 16 is one of the common error which can occur while using Photoshop. It is one of the most common error you can face with your Photoshop. If you have already faced this issue and want to resolve the matter then follow this article till the end. Before going to the troubleshooting part, at first focus on the causes and the symptoms of this error.
Symptoms For Adobe Error 16
When this error occurs then you can face several symptoms. For instance-
- Adobe error code 16 occurs and it crashes the system software.
- Your PC crashes frequently while running some programme.
- Your system freezes for a few seconds
Causes To Encounter Adobe Error 16
Due to several reasons, you can encounter this error with your device. For instance-
- Corrupted Download- If you have downloaded a corrupted version of Windows then you can face this kind of errors with your system.
- Virus Attack- If your system has received a virus attack then also you can get this error.
- It is also possible that other programs may have maliciously deleted files for Adobe Photoshop.
After knowing the causes now let’s focus on the solutions behind this error.
Easy Troubleshooting Process For Adobe Photoshop error 16
Using several methods you can also troubleshoot this error. They are-
Method 1: Repair Registry Entries
You can also get rid of this error by repairing registry entries related to the Adobe. To perform this action go to the command prompt and follow the given instructions.
- Type “regedit” and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 16-related key (eg. Adobe Photoshop) From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In the list, select the folder where you want to save the Adobe Photoshop backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as “Adobe Photoshop Backup”.
- In the Export Range box, be sure that “Selected branch” is selected.
- Click Save. The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- After that process, you will get a back up for the registry entries after this process.
- After the repairing process done restart Adobe and check the status of the error. If the error persists then try some other methods given below.
Method 2: Scan For Malware
You can also avoid this error by eliminating malware from your device. To perform this action, either open your third-party software and scan for the malware or, use third party software to use this action.
Method 3: Install Available Windows Update
You can also get rid of this error by installing a fresh version of Windows. To perform that action go to the Start menu and perform the given steps.
- Click on the Start option.
- In the search box type ” Windows Update”.
- Choose the first option.
- After this process, confirm the download and install a fresh version of Windows.
- After that, restart your device and check the status of the error.
Method 4: Install A Fresh Version Of Photoshop
You can also get rid of this error by installing a fresh version of Photoshop. To perform this action go to the control panel and open programs and features. After that follow the steps given below.
- Open programs and features and you can see a list of installed programs.
- There you will see Photoshop also.
- Right, click on it and after that, confirm the uninstallation.
- After this process, install a fresh version of Windows. If the error persists then try to contact technicians.
After completing troubleshooting steps this bug will surely be resolved.