The code execution cannot proceed because msvcp140.dll is one of the most common errors which you can encounter while trying to execute any code in your device. Well, if you have already faced this error and want to resolve it, then you are in the perfect page. This article will help you to resolve this particular issue on a quick note. But before going to that part, at first, let’s focus on the causes for this error, after which you will get to the solutions. So, at first, let’s start with the possible causes.
Causes for “msvcp140.dll” Error
You can encounter this frustrating error on your device, due to more than one reason. For instance-
- First of all, you can confront this error on your device due to some inconvenience present in the Visual C++ file.
- Due to some inconvenience present in the file system, you can also get this error.
- You can also get this error if you have mistakenly deleted the msvcp140.dll associated files.
Well, once you become aware of the causes, now, let’s focus on the solutions to fix this issue.
Fixes for “the Code Execution Cannot Proceed Because msvcp140.dll” Error
Here are some instant hacks, using which you will be able to fix this issue on a quick note. In this case, try to follow the method whichever is convenient for you.
Method 1: Do a Clean Installation of the Problematic File
You can also perform a clean installation of the conflicting program in order to resolve this matter. Try out these steps:
- At first, on the keyboard, you have to tap and hold down the Windows logo key and the R at the same time to launch the Run dialog box.
- In this dialogue box, you have to type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and you have to hit the Enter button in order to continue.
- After that, you will be able to open a list of all of the programs which are listed in your device.
- After that, you have to place a right click in the program, due to which you are getting this error.
- Once done, you have to tap on the Uninstall button.
- After that, you have to tap on the YES button in order to confirm that you want to uninstall the program.
- Now, you have to restart your computer.
- Once done, you have to reinstall the program, as well as, you have to launch the program.
After performing all of the steps, you will be able to resolve this bug. In case, if you noticed that you won’t be able to resolve this matter, then try to follow the alternative method.
Method 2: Copy the File from Computer
You can also copy this file from another trusted computer, in order to fix this bug on a quick note. In this case, try out these steps:
- At first, you have to find another computer which runs in the same operating system.
- In this case, ensure the versions (Windows 10/8/7) and the architectures of both of the operating systems must be the same.
- On that computer, you have to open the file explorer by pressing the Windows logo key and the E key at the same time. After that, you have to go to the “C:\Windows\System32”, as well as, you have to copy the “msvcp140.dll” in that place.
- Now, you have to paste the copied file in the same location in your computer. Sometimes, you may need an external device like a flash drive.
After performing these steps, you have to follow the alternative method.
Method 3: Install Windows Update
You can also install available Windows update in order to resolve this matter on a quick note. In that case, try out these steps:
- At first, you have to tap on the Windows key and the I key at the same time.
- Now, you have to tap on the “Updates & Security” option.
- After that, you have to tap for Updates and then install the latest Windows updates.
- After completing all of these steps, you have to install all available updates and reboot the system.
Once done, you will be able to eliminate this error from your device. If this error persists, then try out the alternative method.
Method 4: Reinstall Visual C++
You want to reinstall the Visual C++ in order to avoid this error from your device. In that case, try out these steps:
- At first, go to the Control Panel using the Search bar.
- Now, you have to navigate to the Programs.
- Once done, you have to locate the ‘Uninstall a program’.
- Now, you have to choose the redistributable which you want to eliminate, again, you have to place a right click on it.
- Again, you have to select “UninstallMSVCP140.dll is missing error – uninstall visual C++ Redistributables”.
- You can download this file from the official website of Microsoft if required.
- Once done, you have to restart your machine and check whether the “MSVCP140.dll” error still persists or not.
If this error continues, then try to follow the alternative method.
Method 5: Run System File Checker
You can also run the System File Checker to fix this particular issue. In that case, try out these steps:
- At first, you have to tap on the Windows button.
- Here, you have to locate the search bar and type ‘cmd’ in it.
- Hit Enter to continue.
- Once done, you have to place a right click in the search results, as well as, you have to choose Run As Administrator option, in order to search for corrupted files with System File Checker.
- After that, you have to type ‘sfc /scannow’ and hit Enter to continue.
Hopefully, this method will help you to repair those corrupted files and will resolve this particular issue on a quick note.
In this complete guide, we have provided you several instructions which will help you out to resolve this matter without any hassle. To complete this action easily, you need to try each and every step and avoid skipping any method. Now, if you encounter any kind of errors while performing these steps, then you can leave a comment below. On that note, we are concluding this post and stay connected with us to gain for tech-related articles.