System service exception error, also known as Blue Screen of Death error (BSOD), is common in every version of Windows OS. Generally, this error message occurs when the Windows files get corrupted. This can happen due to incompatibility with drivers or software that is not compatible with Windows 10 system. So, if you are one of Windows users and want to know how to fix system service exception Windows 10, then this article will help you. After doing all these steps, you can easily overcome the Windows 10 system service exception error.
Causes of System Service Exception Windows 10
Several causes are there behind the occurrence of the system service exception Windows 10 problem. Some of the general causes are listed in the section below:
- The most common cause of this error is a Windows service that encounters a serious problem during startup and a misconfigured or buggy device driver that crashes on startup.
- A damaged system driver could also be a cause of this error message.
- Sometimes, if your system is fully infected due to the malware or viruses can also cause the blue screen error.
- Any third-party antivirus application can also be responsible for this error message.
- RAM issue, faulty hard disk, and an outdated version of Windows system can also cause this error message.
After the occurrence of this message, you can see the symptoms like system freezes, slow performance, installation problems, shut down problems, and more. So, it is essential that you have to repair this at the earliest.
Prominent Solutions of System Service Exception Windows 10
By restarting your device, you can resolve the particular problem of system service exception Windows 10. So, first, you need to restart the device. After restarting the system, check if the Windows 10 blue screen system service exception problem still persists or not. If Yes, then follow the undermentioned solutions that can help you to get rid of this error.
Solution 1 – Update the OS
By updating the OS, you can fix the system service exception error Windows 10. To do that, follow the directions:
- Press the Windows Home button along with the I key to launch the Settings window. Alternatively, click on the Start button to open the Menu list and select Settings.
- When the Settings window opens, double click on the Update and Security section.
- On the left side panel, move the cursor to the Update tab and select it.
- In that tab, click on the Check for Updates option. Now, your system will check whether the update is available or not.
- If Yes, then click on the Update button.
- Once the update process is completed, reboot the system.
Solution 2 – Uninstall the Third-Party Antivirus
This is an easy solution that can help you to resolve this issue on your Windows 10 device. To uninstall it, follow the under-mentioned steps:
- Press Windows + S keys together to launch the Search box. Type ‘Settings’ and then hit the Enter button.
- Double-click on the Apps and Programs tab from the Settings window.
- Scroll down and locate the third-party antivirus application. Select it.
- Click on the Uninstall option.
- Once it is done, restart the system and then check if the Windows 10 system works perfectly without any error.
Solution 3 – Turn off the Webcam
Sometimes, if the Webcam is turned on, then you might face this problem. So, you need to disable this. To turn off it, follow the steps, given hereunder:
- To launch the Device Manager window, press Windows Key + X and launch the menu list. Select Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, you have to locate the Webcam and right-click on it. Select the Disable option from that list to turn it off.
- After doing this, restart the system.
Solution 4 – Run the Troubleshooter
This is a very important and effective solution. It is one of the inbuilt troubleshooting tools which is present in the Windows system. Follow the instructions which are mentioned below:
- Go to the Search Panel, type ‘Settings’ and then hit the Enter button. Alternatively, press the Windows Home button along with the X key to open the menu list. Select the Settings.
- Navigate to the ‘Update and Security’ tab from the Settings window.
- In the Update and Security section, click on the Troubleshoot section on the left side panel.
- Then, locate the Windows Update section.
- Click on the ‘Run the troubleshooter’ option.
- Once it completes, reboot the system.
Solution 5 – Update the Drivers
If you are using an older version of Graphics Card Driver, then you can see the Windows 10 system service exception error message. So, you have to update the drivers properly. In order to fix this problem, follow the steps in a proper way:
- Press the Win + R keys to launch the Run box, type ‘Device Manager’ and then hit the Enter button.
- On the left side panel, locate the Display Adapters and click on it to expand it from the Device Manager window.
- Right-click on the Graphics Card Driver to launch the Menu list.
- Select the Update Driver option.
- Once it is completed, restart your system and then check if the issue is resolved or not. If it is not, then you can move to the next one.
Solution 6 – Turn Off Google Update Service From Startup
Google Automatic Update service might be the problem of this Blue screen error on your Windows 10. In some cases, this Google automatic update service can cause the system service exception error. To do so, follow the directions:
- To open the Run dialog box, press the Windows button and R key.
- Type ‘services.msc’ and then press the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- When the Windows services application opens, locate the Google Update Service, double-click on it.
- Select the Properties option.
- In the Google Update Service properties window, expand the list of Startup Type and select the Disable option to turn it off.
- Click on the Apply option and then click on the OK option.
Solution 7 – Update the BIOS
If the above-mentioned solutions do not help you to fix this problem, then you can update the BIOS on your Windows 10 device. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Hold the Windows Home button and press the R key to launch the Run dialog box. Type ‘msinfo’ and then press the Enter button or click on the OK option. Alternatively, write ‘System Information’ in the Search Panel and then hit the Enter button.
- You will locate the BIOS file, right-click on it from the System Information window.
- Select the Update option.
- Once it is finished, reboot your PC.
Solution 8 – Check the Hard Drive
Now, you have to check whether the hard drive is properly working or not. Sometimes, a corrupted hard drive can cause the system service exception Windows 10 problem. To fix this problem on the Windows 10 system, follow the steps cited below:
- Type ‘cmd’ in the Search box, right-click on the search result. Select the Run as Administrator option.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the following command and then hit the Enter button.
chkdsk /f C
- Once it is executed, reboot the system and then check if the problem is still there or not.
Solution 9 – Perform the Startup Repair
An alternative solution is performing the Startup Repair. The steps are given below:
- Restart the system.
- When the system restarts, you need to press the Shift button and F8 key to launch the Legacy Advanced Boot options.
- From the Legacy Advanced Boot window, choose the Troubleshoot option.
- Then, select the ‘Advanced Options’ section.
- In that section, click on the Automatic Repair option. Now, your system will check if any problems are there or not. If yes, then your system will automatically repair it.
- Once the process is done, restart the system.
Solution 10 – Run the DISM Tool
DISM tool is the inbuilt tool of Windows. By using the DISM tool, you can easily resolve the error on the PC. Here is how you can do that:
- From the keyboard, by pressing the Windows Home button + X key, launch the menu list and select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- Type ‘DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth’ in the Command Prompt and then hit the Enter button.
- Once it finishes, reboot your system.
Now, you know how to fix system service exception Windows 10 problem. We hope, the above-mentioned solutions will sufficient to get rid of the error. So, apply them one after another. However, if there is any sort of query as well as feedback from your end, please share them with us.