Xbox is one of the most popular and sought-after gaming console brand by Microsoft. The Xbox users can easily enjoy online gaming service and stay connected with other users. But nowadays Xbox may come through one or various errors that can spoil the gaming experience. Recently, Xbox users are getting the Xbox error code 80072ef3 while they try to sign in to Xbox Live. This error while signing in indicates that there is a network connection problem but there are many more reasons as well that are responsible for this error.
Not only Xbox users but if you use the Xbox application in your phone and PC, then also you may receive the error code when updating it. Usually, while logging in to Xbox Live, users are asked for email verification and password. But, as they enter the service they see an error message which says “Sorry There was a problem, Please Try again later Code: 80072ef3”.
Therefore, read this article, as we are going to provide some solutions that will help you to fix the Xbox error code 80072ef3. Additionally, in this article, you will also learn the reasons that are responsible for the error code.
What Causes the Xbox Live error code 80072ef3?
You will receive the Xbox Live error code after providing your email and password. The issue most commonly arises because of outdated or corrupt cache files. Therefore, deleting the cache content can be a solution to fix this error. Since the Xbox error code is a login issue, then some sort of the internet connection issue can also be a leading cause for this error. However, there are many more factors that can cause this Xbox error. Some more causes are given below:
- As we stated earlier, outdated or corrupt cache files can be a reason for the error code to occur. Cache files are the information that Xbox stores. If these get corrupt, then Xbox will not be able to fetch your data.
- Any unpaid subscription fees can also lead to the occurrence of the error code. If you have recently done a partial payment, then you can get the error code.
- Next, if the second email address is not verified, then also you can receive the Xbox error code 80072ef3.
- If the files in the hard drive are corrupt, then also you will not be able to sign into your Xbox Live account.
- In some cases, the servers of the Xbox Live may be down. Therefore, you may receive the Xbox error code while signing in to your Xbox Live account.
Now, as you have an idea of the causes of the Xbox error code 80072ef3, we will now proceed to the solution part of the article.
Fix Xbox 360 Error Code 80072ef3 with Easy Methods
Fixing the Xbox error code isn’t a big hassle but here you have to go through each and every method and step entirely. Without skipping anything, you have to carry out the troubleshooting process. Before you start with the process of troubleshooting, make sure that your Xbox is connected to the internet. There are 10 methods by which you can be able to fix the Xbox error code. The methods are as follows:
- Power Cycle or restart your Xbox console.
- Try to delete the corrupted content.
- Clear the cache files of the Xbox Console.
- Try to complete any unpaid Xbox Subscription.
- Delete and then, re-download the Xbox Profile.
- You can also try to perform a Factory Reset.
- Restart the Internet Connection.
- Check if you have verified the second Email Address.
- Check if the Xbox Live is available.
Now, we will discuss all the above solutions in detail.
Method 1: Power Cycle or Restart the Xbox Console
In the first method, you can restart the Xbox console in order to fix the issue. Usually, most of the Xbox problems are fixed by a simple restart process. Therefore, in order to perform this method, you can follow the steps are given below:
- On your Xbox controller, you have to press and hold down the Xbox Guide button for about 3 to 5 seconds.
- Now, a menu will appear. Next, you have to select the Turn Off console option and after that press the A button.
- Then, wait for the console to turn Off and keep it ideal for about a few seconds.
- In the next step, you have to press and hold the Xbox Guide again on your controller.
- This action will turn On the console.
After your Xbox console turns On, now check if the error code is gone or not. If the Xbox error code is gone, then you can continue with your gaming process. But, if the error code still persists, then you can follow the next section of the article. In the next section of the article, you will get more resolving methods that will help you to fix the Xbox error code.
Method 2: Try to Delete the Corrupted Content
Many times, the Xbox error code can occur if there are corrupt gaming files. Therefore, deleting all the corrupt gaming files may help you to fix the error easily. In order to carry out the process, the steps are provided as follows:
- At first, you have to press the Guide button on your Xbox controller.
- Now, go to the Settings section and then, you have to choose the System Settings option.
- After that, you have to go to the Storage section of the Xbox console.
- Then, you have to select the storage location and after that, you have to press the A button.
- In the next step, you have to go to the ‘Games and Apps’ option and then, again you have to press the A button.
- Now, you have to scroll down and check for the corrupt files of the game. It is easy to find the corrupted files of the game as there will be a yellow exclamation mark on it.
- Therefore, if you manage to find the corrupt game files, then you have to select the files and then, again you have to press the A button from the controller.
- From the list of options, you have to select the Delete option and then, again press the A button.
- Next, you have a message saying that “This will permanently delete the selected content from your console. Are you sure you want to delete?”. After reading the message you have to select the Yes option.
- If there are more such corrupt game files, then you can repeat the process for all of them.
- After completing all the processes, then you can check for the Xbox error code.
If you were able to sign in to your account, then it is fine but, if not you can follow the next method given below.
Method 3: Clear the Cache Files of the Xbox Console
If deleting the corrupted game files does not resolve your issue, then you can try to delete the old cache files. If you are not tech savvy enough to perform this method, then don’t worry. Here, in this section of the article, we have listed down some of the steps that will help you to resolve the Xbox error code 80072ef3 with ease. Therefore, the steps to follow are given below:
- In the first step, from the controller, you have to press the Guide button.
- After that, you have to go to the Settings section. Then, you have to open the System Settings tab.
- In the System Settings window, you have to select the Storage option.
- Now, you have to select any of your storage devices and then, press the Y button.
- Once a new menu opens, you have to select the ‘Clear System Cache’ option.
- After that, when you are asked to confirm to clear the System Cache, you have to choose the YES option.
Additionally, if you are having multiple storage devices, then clearing the system files from any one of the storage devices will clear the cache files from all of them. After the cache clearing process finishes, you have to check for the error code. If you are still struggling with the Xbox issue, then you can have a look at the method that we have discussed below.
Method 4: Try to Complete Unpaid Xbox Subscription
Many Xbox gamers use gaming services that require them to pay a subscription fee. Therefore, having any unpaid subscription of your Xbox console may invite the Xbox error code 80072ef3. So, if you are having any unpaid subscription, then try to clear the payment as soon as possible. We hope this will be able to fix the Xbox error code, instantly. If you want to know the steps to complete the pending payment, then follow this section of the article. Here, you will get to know the steps to complete the pending payment.
- At first, go to the ‘Services & Subscriptions’ section of your Microsoft Xbox account.
- Now, try to locate any past-due subscriptions. It is easier to recognize them as they are available in a red color.
- In the next step, you have to select it and then, have to select the Pay Now option.
- Now, try to follow any instructions to pay the pending subscription fees.
When you have paid all the pending subscription fees, check if the Xbox error code is resolved or not. For additional knowledge to fix the Xbox issue, you can have a look at the rest of the article below.
Method 5: Delete and Re-download the Xbox Profile
In some of the cases, a problem in the Xbox profile can cause the Xbox error code 80072ef3. Therefore, in order to fix the issue, you need to delete and then, again have to download the profile in your Xbox console. The process is quite simple and straightforward, and if you want to perform this, you can follow the steps that are given below:
- Again, from the Xbox controller, you have to select the Guide button.
- After that, you have to navigate to the Settings section and then, you have to choose the System option.
- In the next step, you have to select the Storage option and then, the All Devices option.
- Next, go to the Gamer Profiles section, and then, you have to select the Gamertag that you have to delete.
- After selecting the Gamertag, you have to select the Delete icon.
- Now, you have to select the ‘Delete Profile Only’ option. By choosing this option, your profile will get deleted.
As you have now deleted the Xbox profile, you have to now download it by following the steps that are given below:
- To start with the process, you have to again select the Guide button on the Xbox controller.
- In the next step, you have to select the Download Profile option. Now, log into the Microsoft account by using the Gamertag.
- After that, you have to select the storage device and then, the download process will start.
- Now, you have to log into your profile and then, check if the Xbox problem is resolved or not.
If the issue of the Xbox is still troubling you, then feel free to read out the next method. We hope the next method of troubleshooting will resolve the Xbox error code.
Method 6: Perform a Factory Reset
If the previous method of resolving the Xbox error code is not resolved, then you can try to perform a factory reset. If you don’t know the steps, then we are here to help you out. The steps to factory reset the Xbox console are given below:
- First of all, make sure you take a backup of all the files of the Xbox console. After you have done that press the Guide button on the controller.
- In the next step, you have to select the Settings option. In the new window, select the All Settings option.
- After that, you have to select the System option and then, go to the ‘Console info & updates’ section.
- Once the section opens, select the ‘Reset console’ option. Now, you will get two options.
- The first option is to ‘Reset and remove everything’ and the second option is to ‘Reset and keep my games & apps’.
- You can choose to select the second option and after that, the reset process will start.
- Once the reset process completes, check if the issue is resolved or not.
Moreover, you can also follow some more methods that are given below if the Xbox error code 80072ef3 still troubles you.
Method 7: Restart the Internet Connection
You can fix the Xbox error code by simply restarting the network connection. In order to perform the process, go through this section. To start with the process, you have to simply turn Off the router and then, wait for a few minutes. After that, you have to turn the router On and then, check for the internet connection.
When the internet connection is restored, then check if the Xbox error code is gone or not. If not, then you can take help of the next method that is given below.
Method 8: Check for Verified Second Email Address
In case, if you don’t remember your account password, you need to add the second email address to recover it. Therefore, if you don’t have the second email address verified, then you may receive the Xbox error code 80072ef3. Hence, in order to fix the Xbox issue, you need to verify the second email address. Some of the users have even fixed the Xbox issue by verifying a third email address.
If after verifying the second email address, you are still getting the Xbox error code 80072ef3, then you can follow the next method.
Method 9: Check if the Xbox Live is Available
If the servers of Xbox Live are having an issue or are down, then you can get the Xbox error. Therefore, in order to fix this issue, you have to wait for sometime till the servers of the Xbox Live are back to normal. If the servers of the Xbox Live is working fine, then it will definitely eradicate the trouble.
So, we are here at the end of the article, and we hope that the Xbox error code 80072ef3 is resolved by following all the troubleshooting methods. These methods are effective and you will not face any issue while performing them. But, in case, you are still facing any problem while performing the steps, then you can feel free to comment down in the section below. Additionally, if you have any suggestions or ideas, then also you can share them in the comments section below.