Sennheiser Game One is a quite famous headset and it offers different types of audio-related features to its users. But, in certain conditions, users have experienced various kinds of issue while using the headset and the Sennheiser Game One mic not working is one of them.
In most of the cases, this issue occurs because of software or setting configuration-related problems. However, in a few circumstances, the mic not working is generated due to serious hardware-related problems.
Now, if you want to learn how to resolve this mic workability issue in the most effortless way then follow this article to the end. We have provided all the possible ways to resolve this issue here.
But before you scroll to the solution section we suggest you have a look at the prominent causes behind this issue.
Main Causes behind Sennheiser Game One Mic Not Working
The Sennheiser Game One mic not working issue can be triggered by the various system and headset related problems. We have explained some of the potential reasons in the section below.
- The Microphone isn’t allowed in the application that the user is using.
- Default output device or microphone is different.
- The headset isn’t plugged in the correct port or it is loosely connected.
- The Sennheiser Game One headset is faulty or physically damaged.
Now, if you have analyzed all the possible causes of this mic’s dispute then let’s have a look at its possible solutions.
3 Ways to Fix the Sennheiser Game One Mic Not Working Issue
There are various ways through which you can resolve this issue on the system. But you need to execute those methods properly in order to get a positive result.
In this section, we have provided the best ways to fix this issue. Have a look at them and try to apply them as instructed.
Allow the Microphone in the Application
During this issue, the first thing you should check is whether the microphone of your Sennheiser Game One headphone is allowed in the application. If not, then follow the given steps to proceed.
- Launch the Windows Search Box by pressing the Windows key + S key. Then, type “microphone” in that box.
- Now, in the result section, you will get the Microphone Privacy Settings option, click on that option.
- The Microphone window will come up on the screen. In that window, you need to look for the “Allow apps to access your microphone” section and locate the application that you are using.
- Beside that application, you will get a toggle switch. Make sure it is turned ON.
- After doing that, scroll down and enter into the “Choose which apps can access your microphone” section.
- There you need to locate the application that you are using and turn on the toggle switch next to it.
Now, close all the running applications and check the headset and see if the mic is working or not.
Set the Microphone As Default Output Device
Sometimes the microphone that you are using on the system might not be set as the default playback device. This might be a prime reason behind the Sennheiser Game One headset mic not working issue.
Now, to fix that problem the user needs to manually select or set the default playback device and to do that follow the given steps.
- Right-click on the Sound or Speaker icon present on the lower-right side of the screen. Then, click on the Sounds option to open up its window.
- There you need to tap on the Recording tab and then highlight the Sennheiser headset option. After that, hit the Set Default button.
- However, if the Sennheiser headset option isn’t available inside the Recording tab, then right-click on the empty space. Click on the Show Disabled Devices option
- In the Show Disabled Devices window, if you get the Sennheiser headset option then right-click on it and hit the Enable button.
- After doing that, set the mic as the default device.
- Now, highlight the Sennheiser headset and then hit the Properties button.
- The Properties window will appear on the screen. Inside that window, click on the Levels tab. Drag the Microphone slider all the way to the top level.
After that, click on the OK button and then hit the Apply button. Once you have done these task, test your mic and see if the Sennheiser Game One mic not working issue is resolved or not.
Troubleshoot the Hardware Problems
If none of the above-given solutions works for you then check for any hardware issues. Now, to execute that task on the system, follow the given checkup producers.
- Unplug the Sennheiser Game One headset from the system and then re-connect it again firmly and into the correct mic port.
- After that, try to connect the headset into a different port or system and check whether the Sennheiser Game One headset mic not working issue is there or not.
If the issue is still occurring in the second system then it might be possible that the Sennheiser Game One headset you are using is faulty. And you need to repair or replace it in order to fix this issue.
We hope that our solutions and suggestions are helpful enough to resolve the Sennheiser Game One mic not working issue. However, if you need further information on this topic then keep following our upcoming articles.