While printing some documents from Acrobat Reader browser or Internet Explorer, then the users sometimes receive the error Sc899. It is one of the major errors which we often receive while printing in Ricoh printers. The error is generated due to the large printing jobs or TrueType font. Hence, we are going doing to discuss some simple ways to resolve Ricoh error code Sc899.
Proactive Ways to Fix Ricoh Error Code Sc899
The proactive ways to fix Ricoh error code Sc899 are as follows:
- By clearing the printer’s memory.
- Restart the printer to resolve the issue.
- Installing a new Adobe Acrobat Add-on or Plug-in
By clearing the Printer’s Memory
Follow the steps to clear the printer’s memory:
- At first, remove the network cable from the Ricoh printer.
- After that, enter the Service mode on the computer and press the keys 1, 0 and 7 one by one.
- Then, press and hold the Clear key till the menu SP displayed on the screen.
- Next, navigate to New and expand the portion marked as SP-5XXX.
- Now, pinpoint the option 5801-Memory Clear and click it to expand.
- Thereafter, click on Printer Application and from right side choose the option Execute to delete the printer’s memory.
- Next, click on Execute again for confirmation.
- Then reboot the printer and print a document to check whether the error is resolved.
Restart the printer to resolve the issue
Go through the guidelines to restart the printer:
- At first, switch off your printer and remove the adapter from the socket.
- Then, remove all the cables from the computer.
- After 5 minutes, attach all the cables to the computer and plug it into the socket.
- Next, turn on the computer and restart your printer.
Installing a new Adobe Acrobat Add-on or Plug-in
The steps to install a new Adobe Acrobat Add-on or Plug-in are listed below:
- Open the Internet Explorer and click on tools.
- After that, choose the option Manage Add-on.
- Then, choose Toolbars and Extensions.
- Now, choose the options All Add-on check your options.
- Next, click on Adobe Acrobat and click on Enable to use the new add-on or plug-in.
Thus, go through the methods as mentioned above to resolve the issue.
Follow the methods one by one t resolve the error without any difficulty. Do not be panic-stricken. For any other errors, you can check our official website for helpful solutions.