Origin won’t load on your computer? Are you getting frustrated after facing this problem? Do not worry. You are not alone. Several users have reported that Origin opens but won’t load and they are not able to play games on their system.
Basically, this error shows up if the Operating system has not been updated. Sometimes, the temporary files can also give rise to this problem on the system.
If Origin is damaged or corrupted, then also you may see this error on the system. Apart from that, third party security software can be also responsible for this issue.
If you are one them who are facing this problem, then this article will help you. Here, you will get to know all the possible fixes for this particular issue.
Effective Fixes to Solve Origin Won’t Load
There are several fixes to solve the Origin won’t load issue on the system. Here, we are going to discuss the amazing fixes which may help you to overcome this situation on your computer:
Fix 1 # Disable the Windows Firewall
Sometimes, the Windows Firewall feature can restrict Origin from the loading. So, you need to turn off the Windows Firewall feature from the system. Go through these steps:
- From the Keyboard, hold the Windows button and press the X key to open the WinX Menu list and then select the Control Panel
- When the Control Panel window opens, double-click on the Windows Firewall section.
- From the Windows Firewall window, navigate to the left panel and select the Turn Windows Firewall On and Off button
- After that, click on the Turn Off Windows Firewall button from the Private Network Settings and Public Network Settings box.
Once you are done with these steps, select the OK button to save the changes. Then reboot the system and then check if Origin opens without any hassle.
Fx 2 # Uninstall the Security Software
After turning off the Windows Firewall feature, if the problem still arises, then you need to uninstall the security software.
Sometimes, third-party security software can also block the Origin application from loading. So, you need to uninstall it from the system. To remove it, follow these steps:
- Firstly, open the Control Panel.
- Once you are in the Control Panel window, double-click on the Programs and Features section.
- In the Programs and Features section, scroll down the page until you find the security software that you are using on your PC, select it. Then select the Uninstall button to remove it.
Now, you will find the uninstallation process has begun. Once this process completes, restart your PC and then check whether the error message still appears or not.
Fix 3 # Install the Latest Version of the Operating System
If you are using an older version of the Operating System, then you may find that Origin won’t load on the system. So, you need to keep your system up to date. The following steps will help you:
- Press the Win + I keys together to launch the Settings window.
- When the Settings window opens, locate the Update and Security section, double-click on it.
- From the Update and Security section, go to the Update tab from the left panel and then select the Check for Updates button to check whether any updates are there or not.
- If any updates are present, click on the Update button to start the update process.
Once the update process is complete, the system will automatically restart. After restarting the device, check if the problem still persists or not.
Fix 4 # Update the Graphics Driver
An outdated version of the Graphics driver can cause this error on the system. In order to eliminate this issue, you have to update the driver on your PC. Perform these steps:
- Press the Windows button and S key to launch the Search Panel. Type Device Manager and then hit the Enter button.
- When the Device Manager window opens, go to the left panel and locate the Display Adapters, select it to expand.
- Right-click on the Graphics Driver and then select the Update Software Driver button to begin the update process.
After finishing the update process, reboot your computer and then check if the problem is resolved or not.
Fix 5 # Remove the Cache Data of Origin
This error may be caused by the cache data of Origin. So, you need to delete the cache data of Origin from the system. Follow the directions given below:
- Press the Windows Home key and R button to launch the Run window. Type %ProgramData% and then hit the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- From that window, locate Origin, and double-click on it to open.
- In the Origin folder, remove all the files and folders except the LocalContent folder.
- Next, again open the Run window, type %AppData% and then hit the Enter button or select the OK button.
- In that window, find Origin, right-click on it to open the list and then select the Delete button to remove them.
- Then go to the App Data folder, select Local and then delete the Origin folder.
Fix 6 # Remove Origin and Install it Again
A corrupted or damaged Origin can also cause Origin to not open on your computer. So, you need to uninstall Origin and install it again. Go through these instructions:
- First of all, press the Windows button + R key at the same time to open the Run window. Type Control Panel and then press the Enter button or select the OK option.
- From the Control Panel window, go to the Programs and Features section.
- Once you are in the Programs and Features window, find Origin and select it. After that, click on the Uninstall option to start the removing process.
- Once it finishes uninstalling, restart your PC. After restarting the machine, you should install Origin again from the official website of Origin
So, visit the official website of Origin, search for the latest version and then download it.
After completing the download, install it correctly. To install it follow the directions which pop-ups on the screen.
Once the installation process is complete, reboot your PC and then try to use the Origin application and then check to see if the problem has been removed or not.
Fix 7 # Run Origin in Compatibility Mode
According to the users, running Origin in compatibility mode can also resolve this problem on the device. To do that, follow these steps:
- At first, locate Origin, right-click on it to open the list. After that click on the Properties button.
- From the Properties window, go to the Compatibility tab and select the Run compatibility troubleshooter.
- After that, mark on the ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ option. Then, tick on the ‘Disable fullscreen optimizations’ button and ‘Run this program as an administrator’ option.
After performing these steps, click on the Apply button and then select the OK option to save the changes. Then reboot the system and check if the issue still appears or not.
Fix 8 # Perform a Clean Boot
After performing the above fixes, if the error is still present, then you need to use this process to get rid of this issue on the system. Follow the under mentioned steps:
- From the keyboard, press the Win + R buttons to open the Run box. Type msconfig and then hit the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- When the System Configuration window opens, go to the Services tab and mark on the Hide all Microsoft services button and then click on the Disable all button.
- Next, navigate to the Startup section and then you will see the Open Task Manager option, click on it.
- From the Task Manager window, move the cursor to the Startup tab and select all the items one-by-one and then click on the Disable button.
Once you are done, close the System Configuration window and then restart your device.
We hope this article will help you to eliminate the Origin won’t load issue from the system. If you face any problem while performing these steps then you need to seek help from an expert.