The glitch Messages app crashing iOS 10 is one of the common bugs in Apple iOS 10. In this case, your Apple device freezes suddenly while you try to open the messaging app. This issue can hamper your work great as you will be unable to send or receive messages through it. Hence, you should find solutions to get rid of the issue. Read this article to know some of the causes of this error along with easy fixes by which you can easily solve the problem.
What Causes iOS 10 Messages Crashing
There can be a sundry reason behind the malfunctioning of the messaging app. If you are willing to know the reasons to resolve it in a better way, then have a look at some of the common causes for iOS 10 iMessage crash.
- An improper setting in the phone can activate some of the features which hamper the functionality of the messaging app. You need to disable some Settings to get rid of the issue.
- If the iOS 10 has not been updated for a long time, then you can face the error Messages app crashing iOS 10. Updating the iOS app can fix the issue for you.
- Moreover, an unknown issue in the Apple device can also be a reason for such malfunctionings.
Troubleshoot Messages App Crashing iOS 10 Effectively
The messaging application on your iPhone is quite an important feature that you require daily for your work. If you are confident enough to resolve the issue on your own, then have a look at some of the easy steps by which you can get rid of the problem.
Turning off Important Settings
Sometimes, Auto-Capitalisation or Auto-Correction can make your messaging app malfunction. Therefore, you need to make the changes in the Settings to make it work smoothly. Go to the Settings option at first. Choose the General option followed by the option Keyboard. Now, disable the sliders of the following options: “Auto-Correction”, “Auto-Capitalization”, “Check Spelling”, and “Predictive”. After that, open the messaging app on your Apple device and see if the isue persists or not.
Perform a Hard Reset
You can also resolve the technical difficulties, such as this one by performing a Hard Reset. All you need to do is to hold the “Home Button” and the “Sleep/Wake button” simultaneously till you see the Apple logo appearing on the screen. Now, the system will restart on its own. Wait until the process is complete. Now, go to the application and try sending a message to see if it works or not. If you still face the problem then move to the next procedure.
Reset all the Settings
Open the Settings icon in your Apple device. Then, go to the General option by scrolling down the Settings options. This will open a new screen where you have to select the Reset option followed by the option “Reset All Settings”. Enter the correct password and then reset the settings of the device. Press the Yes button if any confirmation appears.
Restore from iTunes
- At first, you have to connect the iOS supported device to your Mac.
- Start the iTunes and click on the iPhone logo present below the Options bar.
- Select the “Summary” option located at the left panel of the screen.
- After that, click on the “Restore iPhone” option.
- Now, back up your phone by clicking on that option.
- Next, you will see an agreement which will occur while the system starts downloading the firmware. Agree on the license agreement to start the download.
- When the download is complete, you will be asked to restore from the fresh software. Click on Yes to confirm your action.
There can be situations that you still face issues after trying all the above-mentioned procedures. In such cases, you have to consult a professional for further technical help. This will help you resolve the issue in a better way.