Many iOS users all over the world report that they face a serious problem with the battery of their iOS device after updating the version of iOS to 10. Basically, after the updation, the battery will not work properly and start draining pretty quick. Some users face a major problem that the battery health jumps from 30% to 1% within some seconds and the device switches off automatically. But, after restarting the Mac device, the battery health restores back to 30%. This iOS 10 battery drain issue is one of the strange issues of Apple devices.
It is clear that iOS 10 battery problem strikes due to some glitches of iOS 10 and it can lead you to lose your important data from your device. So, if you are also facing this type of issue, then you must be looking for the solution. If you are in trouble with this problem, then here is the perfect solution for you. Just go through this whole article and follow all the steps provided by our experts.
Possible Reasons for Encountering iOS 10 Battery Drain Issue
This problem generally strikes for some additional features introduced in this iOS 10 updates. This error also occurs due to the glitches in the updation process of iOS 10. There are many reasons why you experience this type of failure on your iOS device. So, before fixing it, you needed to find the exact cause for this troublesome issue. The general causes behind this error are:
- Glitch of iOS 10 updates.
- Background App Refresh.
- Unwanted indexing of Spotlight search.
- The Auto-update feature.
- Unwanted gadgets.
- Dynamic wallpaper.
- iCloud Keychain.
- Apple music and social media apps like Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Email Auto-fetching feature.
iOS 10 Battery Drain Fix with Effective Methods
We understand that it is not always possible to fix the error on your own. So in this case, going through the following instruction given below will help you to get rid of this iOS 10 battery problem without any hassle.
Method 1: Restart your iOS Device
Many battery problems might solve by simply restarting your device. So, at first, you can also try this trick. It might help you out from this iOS 10 battery problem. To restart your iOS device, follow these easy guidelines:
- First of all, hold the Side button.
- You can see that the ‘Slide to Power Off’ options will appear on the screen.
- Now, move the slider to turn off your device.
- After some time, hold the side button again to restart your device.
- Check whether the problem still persists or not.
Method 2: Turn off the Background App Refresh
Background app refresh helps to refresh the apps in the background. It updates the installed apps continuously even if you are not using these apps. It is one of the great features of the iPhone but the main drawback is that this can drain your battery quickly. So, it’s better to turn off this feature to get rid of this battery drain issue. Just follow these guidelines to do so:
- First of all, open Settings.
- Then, select the General option.
- Now, you will find Background App Refresh in the list. Click on it.
- Just turn off the Background App Refresh feature.
Now, check whether this error still persists or not. If you still face this problem, just try the other methods provided in this article.
Method 3: Disable Unwanted Indexing in the Spotlight Search
Spotlight application helps to search different types of contents like Podcasts, Contacts, Mails, Music, Events etc. Generally, users use it for applications, music, and contacts. So, uncheck the contents which you don’t need to search. To disable this feature, just follow these easy steps:
- First, go to settings.
- Then, choose General.
- Now, select Spotlight Search.
- You can see a list of the applications. Just uncheck the applications which you don’t need to search.
Hope, it will solve this iOS 10 battery drain issue. If not, then try the other methods.
Method 4: Disable the Motion Effects and Parallax
A number of effects and animations are added in the update of iOS 10. Some of these effects even access gyroscopic data, which contributes further to the battery drain. To disable these types of motion, just follow these easy steps:
- First, go to the Settings option where you will find the General option. Click on it.
- Now, choose Accessibility.
- Select ‘Reduce Motion’ and turn off this feature.
Method 5: Disable the Automatic Updates of App Store
If the Auto-update is turned on, then the installed apps update automatically in the background. So, just turn this off to get rid of this issue. Just maintain these steps one by one to do this:
- First, go to the settings.
- Then, select the iTunes option.
- You will find the App store option.
- You will find the ‘Automatic Downloads’ section at the bottom of the list.
- Turn off the Updates switch.
- Check if the problem is still bothering you or not.
Method 6: Turn off Dynamic Wallpaper
Dynamic wallpaper helps to add different types of animations to the Lock and the Home screens. But, these animations consume more battery which leads to iOs 10 battery drain problem.so, it’s better to turn off this feature which might help you.
- First of all, click on Settings.
- Then, go to Wallpaper.
- Turn off this feature or you can select an image from your Gallery as the Wallpaper.
Method 7: Remove Unwanted Widgets
Widgets help to provide information from the apps. But, excessive widgets can drain the battery life. So, you should remove such widgets which you don’t use. Some of the widgets use the Location services which consumes the battery life most. To remove such widgets, just follow the guidelines below:
- You can find the Notification Center from the top edge.
- Now, swipe to the left where you will find Widget.
- Scroll down and select the Edit button.
- Now, click on the red button which will help to remove the widget.
Method 8: Turn on the Low Power Mode
Low power mode generally helps to reduce the battery life consumption by disabling the Background app fresh, mail fetches, some visual effects and automatic downloads. So, you can enable the Low Power mode to get rid of this troublesome issue. To enable this, just perform these steps:
- First of all, go to Settings.
- Now, tap on the battery and choose the Low power mode.
Method 9: Disable iCloud Keychain
Disable the iCloud keychain if you don’t use this. It can improve battery life. Most of the people get benefitted from this method. So, it’s a worth try. To disable this, just follow the below steps one by one:
- At first, go to the settings of your iOS device.
- Then, you will find iCloud.
- Now, choose the Keychain option.
- Disable this iCloud keychain and check the battery life again after charging your device for an hour.
Method 10: Temporarily Disable Apple Music and Social Media Apps
If no methods click to resolve this typical issue, then you can go through this method. As many users report that uninstalling and removing the social media apps like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc. and the Apple Music app can resolve this problem. So, you can try this hack also. Hope it will help you out from this iOS 10 battery drain issue.
We hope, from this article, you become aware of what are the causes for iOS 10 battery drain issue and how you can get rid out of this trouble. All you need to do just follow the above simple steps. If you still face this trouble, then you have to replace the iOS device’s battery. Alternatively, it is better to opt for an expert’s help to eliminate this problem permanently.