If you ever face difficulty using a Google Widget on your Android device, you are not the only one. Recently many users have reported that Google widget is not working in their Android smartphones.
Generally, this error occurs due to interference with another app. If the Google application has not been updated, then also you can come across this error.
Another reason for the occurrence of this error is if you do not clear the Google app cache from the device for a long time.
If you are encountering this problem and want to fix it, then this article will be of help.
In this article, you will find several methods to get rid of this particular error from the device. So, read on and learn more.
Google Widget Not Working: Fix it With Simple Methods
There are various methods to solve the Google search widget not working on the device.
But, at first, you need to press and hold the Home button on the device to access the Google Search Widget. If it does not work, then you may use the methods given below.
Therefore, we suggest you follow the fixes in the same order as we have given and resolve the issue on your device.
Method 1 – Reboot the Android Device
Sometimes, rebooting can fix several problems from Android devices. So, firstly, you need to reboot the system.
- At first, press the soft key present at the left on the phone.
- After that, close all the apps that are opened.
- Next, press and hold the Power button to open a list. In that list, tap on the Restart button to restart the device.
After restarting the device, try to use the Google Search Widget and check to see if the issue has been fixed or not.
Method 2 – Update the Google Application
If you are using an older version of Google application on your Android phone, then you may face the problem of Google search bar widget not working on the device.
So, you should keep the Google application up to date. Follow the directions mentioned below:
- First of all, visit the Google Play Store.
- In the Google Play Store window, go to the Search bar and type Google and then tap on the search result of Google.
- In Google, if you see the Update button, then tap on it to start the update process.
Once the update process is done, check if the Google Search Widget works properly.
Method 3 – Turn On Google App in the Settings
Sometimes, the error of the Google feed widget not working comes up if the Google app is disabled from the settings.
So, you have to enable the Google app on the device. Go through these steps:
- Firstly, open the Settings application.
- When the Settings window opens, scroll down the page until you find the Applications tab, tap on it.
- From the Applications window, tap on the Application manager section. In that window, go to the All tab and scroll down it till you find the Google App, tap on it.
- In the Google app, if you see the Disable option, tap on it to Enable it.
Once you are done with these steps, restart the device and then try to use the Google Widget.
Method 4 – Uninstall Updates on Google App
An effective method is to uninstall updates on Google application in order to get rid of this error from the Android device. Perform these instructions:
- Tap on the Settings icon to launch the Settings window.
- From the Settings window, tap on the Applications tab and then tap on the Applications Manager section.
- In the Applications Manager window, navigate to the All tab and scroll down until you find the Google app.
- From the Google apps, tap on the UNINSTALL UPDATES button.
After completing these steps, try to work on the Google Search Widget to check if the error still persists or not.
Method 5 – Remove Google App Cache
Removing Google app cache can also resolve the issue of Google Widget not working. To do this, follow these directions:
- Launch the Settings window on your Android device and then tap on Applications.
- Once you are in the Applications window, locate and tap on the Application Manager section.
- Go to the All tab from the Application Manager and then tap on Google App.
- When Google App opens, go to the Cache section and then tap on the CLEAR CACHE button to remove them.
Once the cache is cleared from the device, reboot it and then check if the error message is eliminated or not.
Method 6 – Restart the Google App
If none of the methods work in resolving the issue, then this method is the last resort for you.
You need to restart the Google App from the device in order to solve this issue. The following steps will help you:
- Navigate to the Settings section.
- Tap on Applications from the Settings window and then go to the Application Manager section.
- In the Application Manager window, tap on the All tab and find the Google App, tap on it.
- From the Google App, tap on the FORCE STOP button and then tap on the OK button.
Once Google App restarts, try to work on the Google Widget and check if the issue still appears or not.
In this content, we have provided all the possible methods on how to resolve the Google Widget not working issue on the Android device.
Following the methods as explained above, you can easily get rid of this error from your device. However, if you face this issue ever, then you may seek help from an expert for better guidance.