Facebook is one of the most common applications which is used worldwide by a number of users. The users use it as a social media site for communication purpose or for watching videos, promoting ads, etc. If you notice that Facebook videos not playing in your device, then, don’t be frustrated. Internet error can be the reason behind it and this is undoubtedly one of the most frequent reason. If you want to resolve this issue, then you are in the perfect place. This article consists of a complete guide which will help you out. But before going to that part of the solution, at first, you have to know more about the causes. After knowing the causes, you can easily walk through the below section to know the solutions to overcome this particular error.
Causes to Encounter Videos not Playing on Facebook Error:
Due to more than one causes, the user can encounter this particular error in their device. The main causes are listed below.
- Internet Issue- In case, if you are not using a stable internet connection, then you can encounter this error in your device.
- Browser Caches- Due to some cache present in your browser, you can also get this particular error in your device.
- In some cases, you can also get this error due to some insufficient storage space present on your computer.
- Due to some internal glitches of your device, you can encounter this error in your device.
Well, once you become aware of the causes, now, let’s focus on the solution-part discussed below.
Quick-Fixes to Resolve Facebook Videos Not Playing Error Instantly:
Here are some easy fixes, using which you will be able to resolve this error without any hassle. In that case, try out these steps:
Method 1: Check Network Connection
Once you encounter this error in your device, you have to check the internet connection of your device. In case, you notice that you are connected with a poor internet connection, then try to wait until the internet connection gets stable. If you won’t be able to resolve this issue, then you have to follow the alternative method discussed below.
Method 2: Relogin to your Facebook Account
As per some experts, you can also get this Facebook videos not playing error in your Facebook due to some inconvenience present in your Facebook account. In that case, you have to log in to your Facebook account. In that case, at first, you have to log out from your Facebook account as well as you have to login back.
Method 3: Force Stop and Clean Cache
As cache and tracking cookies can slow down the applications which you are using. In this case, you can force stop Facebook and clear the caches associated with it.
- If you are using Android application, you can pull up the Menu to see the recently used applications.
- Now, you have to find Facebook and swipe this application to the upwards to force stop the Facebook application.
- Otherwise, you have to navigate to the Settings application.
- Once done, you have to go to the Apps section.
- Here, you have to find Facebook and choose the Force Stop option.
- Once done, you have to clear the cache as well as cookies. Furthermore, you need to check whether the video stops loading and starts playing or not.
If this error still persists after performing all of these steps, then you should try out an alternative method.
Method 4: Make Sure that your Device has Enough Space
If your device does not have enough space, then you can encounter this particular error in your device. Thus, it is advised to be sure that you have enough space on your phone. In that case, try to follow these steps:
- In case, if you are using Android, then you have to check the storage space by going to the settings. From there, you have to go to the About section.
- In case, if you are using iOS, then navigate to the Settings option and locate the General settings. From that, you have to go to the Storage section to know the available storage space in your device.
If you notice that your device does not have enough storage space, then you have to delete some unused applications or some files to eliminate these Facebook videos not playing on Android error from your Facebook. After deleting some files, in case, you notice that your Facebook videos are lagging again, then try out the next method.
Method 5: Switch Device or Browser to Login
You can also change the browser to resolve these Facebook videos not playing in Chrome issue. For example:
- In case, if you won’t be able to open a video in the Facebook app of your iPhone 5/5s,6/s, 7/7 Plus, 8/8 Plus or X, then you can log in back to your Facebook website and open the video again.
- In case, if you are using Chrome to login to your Facebook, then you can use Firefox, Safari, Edge or Internet Explorer as a substitute;
- In case, if you are using Windows 7, you will be able to find another computer with Windows 10 or Mac, then you can notice that the video works fine.
In case, if this particular method persists after performing all of these previous methods, then follow the alternative method.
Method 6: Disable “Use Hardware Acceleration When Available”
You can also make the box be unchecked against, “Use Hardware Acceleration When Available” to fix this particular issue from your device. In this case, try to follow these steps:
- At first, go to the Settings page of your Chrome.
- From that section, you have to select the Advanced Settings options.
- Once done, you have to make the box be unchecked against, “Use hardware acceleration when available”.
- After that, you have to reopen Chrome and your video will start playing again.
Once done, you will be able to resolve this matter without any hassle.
Throughout this knowledge-based article, the experts have provided step-by-step guidance to resolve this issue on a quick note. In order to resolve this issue in your device, you have to follow each and every step carefully. Try to avoid step jumping while following the steps described below. On that note, we are concluding this post and will see you in the next one.