Epson is one of the renowned Company for printers and scanners around the globe. It is a famous brand with a quite bit of its focus on home printing. But sometimes Epson users encounter error code 0x10 due to some technical problems of the Scanner. Some users reported that they get this code on their old scanners also. Epson scanner error code 0x10 indicates the faulty scanner segment of the printers. When the hardware is faulty or the scan mechanism of your printer gets jammed, then this error code usually strikes. Even the best inkjet printer of Epson, Epson XP 420 users also face this scanner error code 0x10.
General Causes of Epson Scanner Error Code 0x10
Power surges and depreciation due to heavy use can cause the Epson XP 420 scanner error code 0x10 in your old printers. Even for some hardware issues, this error code can occur. So, we are discussing all the reasons behind this issue which will help you to resolve this problem.
- Logic board failure or jamming of the scan head assembly cause this error code.
- If some particles or something is stuck inside the scanner part, then it will block the scanning mechanism.
- Sometimes, faulty hardware can be the main cause behind this.
- Most of the time, printers don’t allow you to progress the scanning due to a damaged scanner.
- Corrupted or defective Printer Drivers can also cause this issue.
Some Easy methods to fix Epson Scanner Error Code 0x10 in seconds
If this error 0x10 strikes to your printer, you can’t progress the scanning process. So, you have to solve this issue to continue your work. If you find the main reason behind this troublesome issue, then it will be easier to resolve this problem. Before going to a repair center, you can also try to fix your printer by yourselves. So, just follow the methods which we described below.
Method #1: Physical Inspection of the Printer
- First, lift the lid and check for some particles like a piece of paper or dust stuck in the scanner using a torch/flashlight. If you find some particles in there, just remove them gently.
- Sometimes, this error will occur due to the issues of your device. If this is the main reason behind this error, then you need a software which will help in supplant degenerate, filtering the stores and other missing records.
Now, restart the printer and check whether this problem still occurs or not. If you face this problem after cleaning the printer, then you have to reset your printer.
Method #2: Reset the Printer
Most of the times, resetting the printer can help to resolve this problem. So, it’s worth a try. To reset the Epson printer, you have to follow these steps one by one.
- At first, unplug the power cable of your Printer.
- Now, wait for some time.
- After some minutes, press the power button and hold it for some seconds.
- Holding the power button, just connect the power cable of your printer.
- Press and hold the power button for another minute.
Method #3: Change the Printer Drivers
If you find this error code 0x10 strikes for a faulty driver, then this is the only option left to resolve this. To replace the driver, you have to follow the below instructions.
- First, turn on the PC and also the printer.
- Set your device as it can download the Driver software automatically.
- Go to the ‘Windows for installation’ settings, and then click on ‘Change device installation settings.’
- Choose the option ‘Yes’ to save the changes.
- Now, Connect the printer to your device and search for an appropriate driver for the printer.
- When Windows is able to find the compatible driver for your printer, you have to download it and install it on your device.
These methods will help you to resolve this issue. You can comment below and let us know about your queries. If you are still facing this Epson scanner error code 0x10, seek help from the manufacturer.