Epson is one of the leading printer brands in the world.It becomes popular due to its reliability and consistency. But in reality, it is not always free from technical glitches. Users are facing several glitches with it frequently. Epson communication error is one of the common issues you may encounter while using it. If you have already faced such a glitch and want to resolve it with ease, then you can follow this article till the end. It consists of several methods, with the help of which, you will be able to troubleshoot the error with ease. But before going on that part, at first, let’s focus on the symptoms as well as the causes.
Symptoms behind Epson communication error
When this particular error appears, then you can encounter several situations. For instance-
- Your printer stops printing.
- You will be able to encounter an error message showing the printer paused.
- in some case, you will be able to see your printer provides a fade printout.
- You won’t be able to scan any document.
This particular error can occur due to several reasons. Try to go through the steps and resolve the matter with ease.
Causes for Epson communication error
Due to more than one reason, you may encounter this error. For instance-
- Connected your printer with a faulty power cord.
- You are using the wrong interface cable.
- Due to network issue, you can also encounter this kind error with your printer.
- If you are using a broken printer then also you can encounter this error code.
- If your application software not set up properly, then also you can encounter this error with your device.
- If your system does not have enough memory space to handle huge data volume, then also this error appears on your screen.
- The software of your system is not compatible with the requirements of your printer.
After knowing the causes let’s focus on the troubleshooting steps to fix this error.
Amazing fixes for Epson error
Here are some easy fixes, with the help of which you will be able to troubleshoot this error on your own. They are listed below.
Method 1: Uninstall and reinstall
You can also overcome this error by uninstalling and installing the printer driver from your system. In that case, follow the instructions given below.
- At first, go to the Start button and invoke in the search bar.
- Type “Devices and Printers” from it.
- You can also open this application from the control panel.
- After that, go to the Epson printer option.
- Open the Properties option.
- Tap on the option named Drivers tab.
- Choose the tab named Uninstall.
- You will be able to see a set of instructions. Follow them.
- Once you complete the uninstallation process, wait for some time.
- Once done, install the latest driver of your Epson printer from the official website and install it again.
After performing these steps, try to see whether you can successfully resolve the matter on your own or not. If not, then you can follow the next instruction given below.
Method 2: Run the printer troubleshooter
You can also resolve the matter on your own due to some glitch present in your printer. In that case, try your hands on by running the troubleshooter. Try to follow the instruction given below.
- At first, invoke in the search bar from the start button.
- after that, select the control panel.
- In the search bar, search for the troubleshooter.
- Click on the troubleshooter
- Go to the Hardware and Sound, select Use A Printer.
Once done, start the troubleshooting process. Once you complete this process, try to check the status of the particular error. If it persists, follow the next method as mentioned below.
Method 3: Run Scanning Software with Administrative privilege
Once you encounter this error then the first thing you can do with your system is to run the scanning software with the help of the administrative privileges. In that case, you should change the settings of the application and allow administrative access. In that case, follow the given instructions and resolve the matter with ease.
- At first, right click on the Epson Scan.
- Now select on the option named Properties.
- Once you will be able to invoke in the properties option. Select the Compatibility tab.
- Now, click the box against ‘Run this program as an Administrator’.
In this case, you can also run the application in compatibility mode after some time if you won’t be able to resolve the matter. To perform so, do the following:
- At first, press Apply to Save Changes and exit.
- Once done, power off you scanner facility as well as remove the USB cable/disconnect from the network.
Once you will be able to resolve the matter, complete the setup process with the scanner again and see the status of Epson Scanner Communication error. If it persists, then follow the next method given below.
Method 5: Fix your wireless connection
In some cases, the Epson scan application fails to connect with the network Lan address in an automatic manner. This issue can arise if you connect your scanner with the help of a wireless connection. In this case, you can also search for an address automatically within the application and it fails to perform so, most of the time. To resolve the particular issue, you can manually enter the address with the help of the command prompt and check whether your scanner can scan the document or not.
- In order to resolve the matter, at first, launch the scanner settings. To launch it, you can either choose the application from the shortcut or using the windows search.
- In the scan settings, tap on the Add underneath Network Scanner address.
- After that, make sure that you are selecting the correct scanner with the help of the top of the Window.
- After that, you will be invoked in the command prompt.
- Choose the correct address as well as insert it in the Enter address option.
- Tap on the Windows icon as well as type “cmd” in the dialogue box to turn on the application.
- Type in the command “ipconfig” in the command prompt and hit Enter to continue.
- In the command prompt, You have to copy the field “Default Gateway”.
- Now, in your router Enter your default gateway in the browser and access your router.
- The administrative interface will be different from other routers. After you log in to your router, check the list of the attach the devices on your network.
- Here you will be able to see the IP Address of the scanner is “192.168.0.195” in this case.
- Now, you have to enter this address in the browser, if it becomes successful then you will be able to see the scanner properties.
- After that, go back to the scanner application and enter the address of the scanner as well as hit enter to continue. Otherwise, click on Apply.
- If you become successful, you will be able to add the scan utility without any error.
- After that, you can also press the “Test” button and see if the connection is successful.
If this error persists then follow the next instruction given below.
Method 6: Reset Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
Another activity, which we can try as an alternative method of updating the driver is resetting Windows Image Acquisition service. It is particularly related to the capturing of images when you scan your image with the help of a computer. It is an application programming interface (API) which enhances the graphics software which communicates with imaging hardware such as scanners.
This is a core part which plays an important role to fetch the scanned document into your computer. If you reset the service, then you will be able to fix the matter. In that case, do the following:
- Press Windows + R at the same time to launch the Run dialogue box.
- Here, type “services.msc” in the box and hit Enter to continue.
- Find “Windows Image Acquisition” in the list of the services. After that, right-click in the service tab and select “Restart”.
- Once done, unplug/disconnect your scanner with your computer.
- After that wait for some time before plugging it back again. Now check whether you become successful to use the scanner utility without any problem.
This time, you will surely able to resolve the matter on your own. Try to follow each and every step with minute detail. it is recommended not to jump any one of them. If you have further queries, you can simply share your comments.