Dell laptop is preferable by most of the people for its extraordinary features and outstanding performance. Moreover, its stylish looks with platform flexibility easily attract people. Besides its incredible performance, some of the technical glitches such as Dell laptop screen won’t turn on is one of the critical issues for the Dell users. Therefore, the device starts to lag and shows unexpected startup error. However, we are going to discuss some of the technical solutions in this article that will be helpful to fix this annoying issue without any hassle.
Major Issues behind Dell Laptop Screen won’t Turn On Problem
Lots of issues are responsible behind this Dell laptop screen won’t turn on like a major problem. Here, we are going to talk about the possible reasons for this annoying issue.
- Outdated device Driver or incompatibility issue causes the black screen error very often.
- BIOS setup error is one of the main reason for this Del laptop won’t turn on the issue.
- Corrupted system file or missing internal system files is another reason behind this technical error.
- Sometimes, external devices connected to the system creates the Dell laptop black screen error.
- Huge collection of junk files prevents the basic operation and shows this severe issue.
Fix Dell Laptop won’t Turn On Black Screen Issue with Simple Technical Steps
There are a few steps to overcome the Dell Laptop won’t turn On the issue. Here, we are going to discuss those simple steps that will help you to fix this Dell Laptop won’t turn On black screen problem.
Verify External Devices
- Disconnect all the peripheral devices connected to the system and turn Off theWiFi if connected.
- Now, remove all the wires and USB cable connected to the device.
Finally, restart the Dell laptop and check whether the Dell laptop screen won’t turn On is fixed or not.
Rollback the Driver
- Type “devicemngr” in the Cortana search box and launch the Device Manager window by hitting the Enter key.
- Here, you will get a list of hardware devices which are installed already in the system. Choose the Display Adapter menu and expand it.
- Right click on the Adapter sub-menu and click on Properties option from the popup menu.
- After that, click on the Driver tab from that Properties window.
- Next, click on the option ‘Roll Back Driver’ from the Driver Properties window.
- Now, confirm the retrieval process by tapping the YES button from the resultant dialog box.
- It will start the process immediately after confirming it and it will help to get back your device in the process.
The entire process will take a few seconds to complete and when done, reboot the Dell device and check whether Dell laptop screen won’t turn On issue is resolved or not.
- Click on the Start button from the bottom left corner of the Dell desktop and choose the Settings app (Gear icon) from the Start menu.
- Go to the ‘Update & Security’ section and click the Recovery option from the left menu.
- Next, select the Advanced Setup tab and click the Restart option under this section.
- Now, click o the Troubleshoot option and Advanced options accordingly.
- Update the Firmware and BIOS by tapping the option UEFI Firmware Settings.
- It will take a couple of minutes to complete the BIOS upgrade process and reboot the Dell laptop once done.
Run System File Checker
- Reboot the system and press F8 immediately when it displays the Dell logo on the screen.
- It will open the Advance Booting Setup window and here you can see several startup options.
- Choose the Safe Mode option by navigating the Up/Down arrow keys and turn on the Dell device in Safe Mode by pressing the Enter key.
- After that, press the Windows key from the keyboard and choose the Command Prompt from the Start menu.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and click on ‘Run as Administrator’ option from the pop-up menu.
- Now, enter the correct Admin credentials in the username and passcode text boxes. Hit the Enter key to launch the Command Prompt window(Admin mode).
- Next, run the command “sfc/scannow” and it will identify the corrupted files. Moreover, it also starts to repair the bad sectors if necessary.
- Finally, restart the Windows in Normal mode and check whether the Dell laptop won’t turn on black screen error persists or not.
- Type “devicemngr” in the Search box an hit the Enter key to open the Device Manager window.
- Choose ‘Devices & Printers’ from the appeared hardware devices on the resultant window.
- After that, expand the option Display Adapters and select the Graphics under this menu.
- Right-click on the CPU graphics option and click on the Disable option from the appeared pop-up menu.
- Reboot the device when it is down and check whether the Dell laptop screen won’t come on or not.
Perform Clean Boot Operation
- Hold the Windows key and press R from the keyboard.
- Type “msconfig” in the text box of the Run dialog box.
- Click on the Service tab from the System Configuration window and place a tick on the checkbox titled ‘Hide All Microsoft Services’.
- Now, make the Microsoft Services disable, click the button Disable All.
- Next, click on the Startup tab and open the Task Manager window by tapping that specific option.
- Choose the applications one by one which you want to remove and right-click on them to disable.
- It will take a few minutes to complete and when done, click on the Apply button to save the new changes. Re-open the System Configuration window and click on the Apply and OK button to close the active windows. It will fix the black screen error from the Dell device.
Upgrade Display Driver
- Type “devicemngr” in the Search box and launch the Device Manager window.
- Now, go to the Display Adapter section and expand it.
- Choose the Video-driver from the list and right-click on it.
- After that, select the option Update Driver and confirm the process by hitting the YES button from the resultant dialog box.
- Next, choose the option ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ and wait for a few minutes to complete the driver update process.
When done, restart the Dell device and verify whether the unexpected error message, “My Dell laptop screen won’t turn on” appears on the screen or not.
Stop Fast Startup Service
- Type “Power settings” in the Search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Power Settings window.
- Next, choose the ‘Power & Sleep Settings’ from the menu and click on the option ‘Additional Power Settings’ from the Settings window.
- Now, select the option ‘Choose What the Power Button Does’ from the left pane of the window.
- Then, click the option ‘Change settings’ that are currently unavailable and remove the tick from the checkbox named ‘Turn on fast startup’ (recommended).
- Finally, tap the button ‘Save All Changes’ to apply the new changes and check whether the Dell laptop screen not turning on issue persists or not.
Update Windows OS
- Reboot the Dell system and press F8 functional key from the keyboard immediately when the Dell logo appears on the screen.
- Choose ‘Safe Mode with Networking’ option by navigating the Up/ Down arrow keys from the Advanced Booting Setup window.
- It will restart the Windows in Safe mode with Networking and click on the Start button from the desktop.
- Choose the Settings app from the Start menu and locate the ‘Update & Security’ section.
After that, click on the ‘Check for Updates’ button to start the upgrade process. It will give you the scope to update the Windows with the latest version. Thus, you can resolve the Dell laptop screen won’t turn On the issue immediately.
We have discussed the possible symptoms along with the significant reasons for the Dell laptop screen won’t turn On problem. Moreover, we have tried to discuss the effective solutions that will help you to get rid of this annoying issue immediately. So, we hope this article will be beneficial for the Dell laptop users especially for the non-tech-savvy persons to fix the error permanently.