Dell is one of the best computer manufacturing companies in the world. But even the best things have some flaws. Sometimes, while charging the battery on the Dell laptop, it shows that the battery is not charging even if the charger is plugged in. This is a problem with the laptop hardware. In this article, we are going to discuss some easy steps that will help resolve the Dell laptop battery not charging.
Reasons Behind Dell Laptop Battery Not Charging
Users sometimes find that the battery indicator is indicating the laptop battery is not charging, even though the charger is plugged in. This is due to some basic hardware problems of the Dell laptop. They are as follows:
- The defective adapter of the laptop- If the adapter of the Dell laptop is defective, then it would not take any charge. So, you have to replace the adapter to fix the problem.
- Problematic AC or DC power jack- If there are some problems with the AC or DC power jack, then this issue might arise.
- Backdated battery drivers- If you have not updated the battery drivers for a long period of time, then you might find the Dell laptop not charging. Thus, you have to update the drivers to the latest version to fix the problem.
- Faulty Windows Update- Sometime, Windows Updates might also be a reason for such issues. So, you might need to get back to the earlier version of the Windows OS.
Easy Procedures To Resolve The Dell Laptop Battery Not Charging
If you face this problem on your Dell laptop, there is nothing to worry about. This problem can be resolved quite easily. The procedures to resolve the issue are as follows:
- By reconnecting the AC adapter and the battery.
- Plugging the Laptop to a wall socket.
- By using any other AC adapter.
- Re-installing the battery driver.
We will discuss each and every procedure in details:
By Reconnecting The AC Adapter And The Battery
The elementary step to resolve the charging issue is by reconnecting the AC adapter and the laptop battery. Follow these steps to reconnect the AC adapter and the Dell laptop battery:
- Shut down the Dell laptop.
- Remove the charger from the laptop.
- Then, remove the battery from its slot.
- Now, press the Power key of the laptop for not more than 20 seconds.
- Then, put the battery in its slot and attach the charger to the laptop.
- Now, turn on the laptop and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Plugging The Laptop To The Wall Socket
If you have not connected the other end of the adapter to the electrical socket, then also the battery might not take charge. Therefore, verify whether you have attached the charger to the electrical socket or not.
By Using Any Other AC Adapter
Sometimes, the charger itself might be defective. Therefore, we have to check it by using any other charger. If we find that the charger is defective, then we have to repair or replace the same at the earliest.
By Reinstalling The Battery Driver
Sometimes, the driver of the battery might be damaged in which case we have to re-install the driver.
Follow the given steps to reinstall the Dell laptop battery driver:Open the ‘Device Manager’.
- Then, select ‘Batteries’.
- Now, from the list that appears, right-click on “Microsoft API Compliant Contol Method Battery’’.
- Select ‘Uninstall’ to uninstall the driver.
- After uninstalling the driver, the laptop itself will download the latest driver.
Also, if you cannot download the driver by yourself. For that, you can go online and look for the manufacturer’s website and download it from there.
Thus, by following these steps you can easily solve the issue of your Dell laptop battery not charging.
If you face any other problem with your Dell laptop, then you can drop your queries in the comment box; we will be happy to help you.