Canon printer error code 1660 indicates a typical cartridge’s error. It generally strikes when you don’t install the ink cartridges properly. When the error strikes on your printer, it will not allow you to progress with the printing session. This error can even make the printing process slow and sluggish. If you want to experience a hassle-free printing, then you have to troubleshoot the Canon printer error code 1660. If you are a Canon printer user and facing this problem on your device, just go through this article to fix this error quickly.
Canon Printer Error Code 1660: Symptoms
If the orange light of your printer will blick for four times, then it’s evident that you have encountered this error 1660 on your Canon printer in the middle of a printing session. Because of this typical sign of the orange light blinking four times, sometimes this error is called Orange light blinking four times error.
Apparent Reasons for the Canon Printer Error Code 1660
Before fixing this error, first, you have to know about the main causes of this error. Therefore, let’s find why this error actually occurs.
- Improper installation of the ink cartridges.
- After refilling, misplacement of the ink cartridges.
- Clogged or damaged ink cartridge.
- The printer is not able to recognize the ink tank.
Solve Canon Printer Error Code 1660 in Minutes with Some Effective Hacks
Don’t panic after seeing this error code 1660 on the screen, because fixing this issue is relatively simple. You can easily solve this issue by some easy methods and you don’t need technical knowledge to perform this. So, we suggest that you should perform all the hacks one by one.
Hack #1: Reinsert the Ink Cartridges
This simple hack clicks for many users to resolve this error 1660. If you install the cartridge in the wrong way, then it can be a cause of this error code 1660. Go through the all steps one by one as instructed below to reinsert the ink cartridges:
- First of all, remove the printer cover.
- Now, check if the red lights on the ink cartridges are turned on or not.
- If the red light of an ink cartridge is turned off, then it means that this ink cartridge is not inserted properly.
- So, you have to reinsert this again.
- Just remove the cartridge first. Then, after some seconds, reinsert it carefully.
- Make sure that the orange protective cap is removed from the bottom of the ink cartridge.
- Now, press the Resume/Cancel switch to continue with the printing process.
Hack #2: Clean and Reset the Ink Cartridges
After reinserting the ink cartridges, if you still face this problem just clean and reset the ink cartridges one by one. Just follow the instructions given below to remove the cartridge and reset this.
- First, turn off the printer and disconnect all the cables from the printer.
- Now, open the lid and remove the ink cartridge gently.
- Clean it carefully and insert it.
- Now, hold the reset button for some time.
- You can see a red light blinking when the connection between the printer and ink cartridge is established.
- Press the reset button again.
- When the green light starts to blink, leave the button.
- Now, the resetting process of the ink cartridge is complete. Now, do a sample printing to check whether the process is successful or not.
If you still face this problem even after following the above steps, then there are no issues with the ink cartridge. Maybe the printhead of the Canon printer causes the error or you should restart your printer for one time.
Hack #3: Restart the Printer
Most error codes will resolve by just restarting the printer. So, you too can try this easy trick to get rid of this Canon printer error code 1660. Just follow the steps mentioned below one by one to restart your canon printer.
- First, unplug the power cable of your Printer.
- Now, wait for some time.
- After some minutes, press the power button and hold it for some seconds.
- Holding the power button, just connect the power cable of your printer.
- Now, when the printer is turned on just leave the power button.
- Try to print again on your Canon printer and check whether the problem still persists or not.
Hack #4: Clean and Reinsert the Printhead
A printer head is an important component of printer that helps the printer to spray, write and put ink on the paper. So, if you are facing this error message, then it might be a problem with the printhead of your printer. Hence, a thorough cleaning of the printhead might help you resolve this issue. You can clean the printhead manually by performing these easy steps.
- Unplug the power cable from the power source to switch off the printer.
- Now, remove the ink cartridges, and then the printhead from the printer.
- Now, clean the printhead with a dry and clean cloth carefully.
- Reinsert this printhead and ink cartridge in its correct location.
- After completing this process, check whether you encounter this error message or not.
We hope that you’ll find this article helpful. If you still have any question regarding this Canon printer error code 1660, then it is best to opt for an expert’s help.