The Error 0x0000007e is a part of the BSoD (Blue Screen of Death) error message. This error mainly occurs when the system is suffering from some serious problems. And, in order to protect the OS from abrupt crashing, it shows the BSoD error message. The Blue Screen Error 0x0000007e message’s primary cause is the hard disk issue. If the hard disk is facing some file corruption in it or it has been physically damaged, then the system will show you the “Blue Screen Error 0x0000007e” message. Apart from that, if you are using outdated BIOS and drives, then it can also cause this error.
However, a major part of this BSoD error message is covered with software section. Hence, it is quite simple to resolve with proper technical information. In this article, we have provided all the necessary solution of the Blue Screen Error 0x0000007e. Let’s have a look at them.
Solutions for the Blue Screen Error 0x0000007e
This BSoD error message occurs due to a lot of issues. That’s why we need to eliminate all of them one by one with the help of suitable solutions. Some prime causes and their solutions are mentioned in the section below.
Damage Hard Drive
The first problematic section that you should check is the Hard Drive. In most of the situations, the BSoD Error 0x0000007e occurs due to damaged Hard Drive. Hence, it is quite important to verify it. And, to do that you can take help from the Check Disk Tool.
- In order to use the tool, you have to launch the Command Prompt. To do that, press the “Windows Key and X” and open the Run Dialogue box. Then, on that box type, “cmd” and hit the Enter Key.
- On the Command Prompt Window, type “CHKDSK” and hit the Enter key.
- Now, the Check Disk Tool will start scanning the Hard Drive for errors and other issues. If it gets one, then it clearly means that the hard drive is faulty.
This particular issue doesn’t hold any software solution but there is a workaround of it and that is drive replacement. In simple words, you have to change the Hard Drive of the system to remove this BSoD error message. However, before doing that, move all of your data to either a new drive or another safe storage place.
Update the BIOS
The BIOS is one of the most important software of a system. It contains all the primary system settings and configurations in it. That’s why if anything is wrong with it, then it can affect the system very badly. Now, one of the causes of this BSoD error message is outdated BIOS and in order to remove this error message, you have to update the BIOS. To get information about your current BIOS version, follow the steps given below:
- Click on the Windows Start Icon and open the Windows Search Bar.
- There you have to type “system information”. Now, on the Result section, you will get System Information shortcut option. Click on it and launch its window.
- Now, on the System Information window, you will get information about your current BIOS version
After doing that, you have to find the model number of the motherboard, to find about the latest version of the BIOS. Now, to perform this search task you will need some help from the Command Prompt.
- On the Command Prompt, type “wmic baseboard get product, Manufacturer, version, serial number” and hit the Enter key
- A series of information will appear on the black windows. There you will get the model number of your motherboard.
Now, note down that model number and search for that latest version of BIOS which is available for your system’s motherboard model. Once you get that, visit the official website of the motherboard manufacturers. Then, follow the instructions given there. Once you completed the BIOS updating process, the BSoD Error 0x0000007e should get removed. If not, then try another solution.
Hard Drive’s Insufficient Capacity
Next, hard drive issue can cause this BSoD Error message is the insufficient capacity issue. It means that the hard drive is fully filled up and it can’t store or process anything. To fix this you have to clean up some space from the hard drive. And, you can start removing the cache and junk files. To do that task, follow the simple instructions given below:
- Launch the Windows Run Dialog Box by pressing “Windows key and R”.
- Now, there you have to type “prefetch” and “%temp%” command one by one.
- This will open up their respective folders. Delete all the contents of those folders and then close them.
- After doing that, fire-up the Windows Run dialog Box once more and type “cleanmgr” on it. It will launch a cleanup window which will help you in the useless files removing process.
Apart from that, you can also clean up and make space by moving your important files into a separate and safe drive.
Another important software section which can generate the BSoD Error 0x0000007e is Windows Registry. The Registry section primary contains all the low-level settings of OS. However, all those settings play a major role in the OS workflow. Hence, if anything bad happens with it, then the OS will get affected adversely. And, you should keep that thing in your mind while working with it.
Now, coming back to this BSoD Error message, sometimes faulty Registry files can create this type of error in Windows OS. But, they are quite easy to solve by using the Registry Editor. To perform this modification task, follow the steps which are provided below.
- First, you have to reboot the system into Safe Mode.
- Open up the Window Run dialogue box, type “regedit” and then hit the OK.
- Now, on the Registry windows, you have to locate this folder “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Intelppm”
- After that, right click on the Start file and fire-up Context menu. On that menu, you will get the Modify option. Click on it.
- A pop-up window will appear on the screen. Now, on that windows, type 4 on the Value Date section and hit the OK button.
- Once you have done that, close the Registry Editor and reboot the system into Normal Mode.
We hope that our solutions are helpful enough to resolve the Blue Screen Error 0x0000007e message. For more Tech-related info keep following our articles. You can also share your feedback in the comment section below.