Bitdefender is a popular antivirus which protects the computers from the virus, malware and spyware and the other online or cyber threats. For its exceptional security products and services, Bitdefender is being used by many users across the world. But sometimes, while updating the software on the computer, the users receive the Bitdefender error 1002. This error code is generally encountered by the computer when there is any problem related to the update registries on our computer. Also, due to the presence of some junk files in the system, the users might face this issue on their computers. Apart from these, there are some other reasons too. Thus, in this article, we are going to discuss the possible ways to resolve the Bitdefender error 1002.
Background Reasons for the Occurence of Bitdefender Error 1002:
The premium causes which led to Bitdefender error 1002 are as follows:
- Due to the corrupted registry files of the computer, you might face these issues on the computer.
- Due to the malware or virus infection on your computer
- Because of the problem with the operating system on your computer
- If the Bitdefender is not properly installed on your computer
- If any of the Bitdefender files got deleted mistakenly or accidentally.
These are some of the causes behind the appearance of Bitdefender error 1002 in your computer.
Step-by-Step Guidance To Fix Bitdefender Antivirus Error 1002
By going through the following procedures, you can easily fix the Bitdefender antivirus error 1002:
- Repairing the registry entries related to Bitdefender error 1002.
- Running a full antivirus scan of your computer.
- Reinstalling the Bitdefender antivirus program.
- Updating the Windows updates.
- Cleaning the system junk files.
- Updating the drivers on your computer.
- Running the Windows system file checker.
Thus, here we are going to discuss the steps one-by-one so that you can resolve the issue properly on your computer.
Repairing The Registry Entries Related To Bitdefender Error 1002:
To repair the registries related to the Bitdefender error 1002 go through the steps:
- At first, press the ‘Windows’ key from the keyboard and then type ‘command’ in the search space.
- After that, press and hold the ‘CTRL’ and the ‘Shift’ key from the keyboard and then, press the ‘Enter’ key from the keyboard.
- Then, select ‘Yes’ when prompted to open the ‘Command Prompt’.
- Now, in the Command Prompt, type the command ‘regedit’’ and then, press the Enter key to run the command.
- Next, in the Registry Editor, select the files related to the Bitdefender error 1002.
- After that, select Export from the menu File
- Now, from the ‘Save In’ list, choose the folder in which you want to save the backup key of the Bitdefender antivirus.
- Then, check whether the option Selected Branch is selected in the Export range.
- After that, choose the option Save.
Run a Full Antivirus Scan of Your Computer
If there are virus or malware in the computer, then we might receive the Bitdefender error 1002 on our computer. Thus, perform a full antivirus scan of your computer. If there are any virus or malware, then delete or remove them from your computer.
Reinstall the Bitdefender Antivirus Program
To reinstall the Bitdefender antivirus program, follow the steps:
- At first, press the ‘Windows’ key from the keyboard and then, select the Control Panel.
- Now in the Control Panel, choose the option Uninstall a Program which is located below Programs.
- Then, from the list of programs, select Bitdefender Antivirus and choose Uninstall option.
- After that, follow the instructions on the screen to remove the antivirus completely from your computer.
- Then. download and install the Bitdefender antivirus on your computer.
Install Full Windows Updates
To install the full Windows updates on your computer, follow the steps described below:
- At first, select the Windows logo on the computer screen and then, type Update n the search panel. After that, press the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Next, select the option Install Updates to install the recent updates on your computer.
- Now the updates will be automatically get downloaded on your computer.
- Once, the updates are downloaded on your computer, then install it to resolve the issue.
Cleaning the System Junk Files
To clean the system junk files on your computer, go through the steps:
- Press the Windows key and the letter X from the keyboard.
- After that, select the option Command Prompt(Admin) from the list.
- Then, in the Command Prompt, type cleanmgr and press the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Now, the cleanup process will start and clean the system junk files.
- After that, put the tick mark in the boxes and select OK to delete the files.
Update the Drivers on Your Computer
If the outdated drivers are the reason behind the Bitdefender error 1002, then updating the drivers on your computers will help to get rid of this error. For updating, follow the steps listed below:
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard and then, select ‘Settings’ from the list.
- Then, in the Settings, select the option Update & Security to update the drivers.
- Next, select the option Check for updates to check for the updates.
- After updating the drivers, reboot your computer and see whether the error still persists or not. If still the error remains, move on to the next step.
Run the Windows System File Checker
To run the Windows system file checker, go through the steps:
- At first, press the Start key from the keyboard.
- Then, type command in the search panel and press the CTRL and Shift key from the keyboard simultaneously. After that, press the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Select Yes, when prompted.
- Then, in the Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow and press the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Now it will start checking for the system files on the computer.
Thus, the issues will get resolved on the computer.
Therefore, it can be considered that by following the aforesaid methods, you can easily resolve the issues of the Bitdefender antivirus on your computer. If not, then look for a professional’s help.