At the time when Asus products are excelling around the world, there are some users who face some serious technical glitches with the Asus laptops. Asus motherboard code CC is one of those technical flaws that many users report while using their Asus device. Whenever you are facing such an error, it implies that there’s something wrong in the RAM or CPU of your Asus device.
There might be so many reasons that cause this particular error in the Asus motherboard. Whatever the reasons are, we are going to discuss every aspect of the Asus error code CC. In this article, you will get brief procedures about solving this error in a jiffy.
Causes Responsible for Asus Motherboard Code CC:
To remove any error from its root, it is essential to know the primary causes of it. Therefore, identify the exact causes at first, and then rectify it with the best possible solutions. Hence, take a look below:
- Outdated BIOS
- Ram issue
- CPU cooler issue
- Damaged CPU
- Motherboard problem
- Incorrect CMOS
Effective Methods to Fix Asus Motherboard Code CC without any Trouble:
Here, we are going to discuss some easy methods to fix this Asus code CC instantly. So, go through the methods below to get rid out of this issue:
Method 1: Check for Physical Damage
The motherboard consists of a variety of subsystem. So, check the integrated circuits (IC) of the motherboard. As the capacitors supply current, so it is possible that they are damaged. So, you have to check for the physical damage and act accordingly. If you find major damages in your Asus motherboards, then you can also get a new motherboard and place it through an accurate process. This might help you out from this Asus motherboard code CC issue.
Method 2: Reset the RAM
This Asus motherboard CC code might strike because of the RAM issue. So, resetting the RAM can help you to fix this issue. To do so, follow the instructions instructed below:
- First of all, switch off your device.
- Then, hold the Power button until the system starts rebooting.
- When your Asus laptop starts to boot, release the Power button.
- Now, check if you still encounter this error code CC or not.
Method 3: Reset the CMOS
The CMOS chip on Asus motherboards controls the information in the Basic Input Output System or BIOS. This information includes the date and time, the amount of system RAM, what size and type of drives are attached to the system and various other settings particular to each motherboard. This method is a worth try to fix this error CC. To reset the CMOS, you can perform these below methods one-by-one:
Battery Disconnect Method
It is the easiest method to reset the CMOS. So, at first, you can try this method.
Step 1: Switch off your Device
- At first, switch off the system and disconnect the power cord.
- We suggest that you should wear an anti-static wrist strap to avoid electrostatic discharge damage to the Asus motherboard or CMOS chip or other sensitive components.
Step 2: Discharge the CMOS Chip
- Then, remove the cover and locate the CMOS coin cell battery.
- Now, remove it from the system by gently pushing on the retaining clip and popping the battery out.
- After that, discharge the CMOS chip by leaving the battery out of the system for up to an hour, depending upon the particular chip and motherboard combination.
Step 3: Boot your Computer
- Replace the battery and close the cover on the system.
- Connect the power cord and then boot the computer.
Step 4: Save the Changes
- Now, click on the ‘Save changes’ option if it is prompted by the BIOS for system memory, drives detected, and other settings.
- After that, set the date and time if prompted at this time. You can alternately set the date and time when the operating system finishes loading.
Jumper Reset Method
Sometimes, by performing the battery disconnect method, you are unable to get the desired result. So, at that time you have to reset this CMOS again by performing the Jumper reset method. It is a very easy task but you need to act in accordance with the proper technical guidance to complete this process successfully. So, take a glance in these below guidelines:
Step 1: Locate the CMOS Jumper
- First of all, shut down the system and disconnect the power cord.
- We suggest you to use an anti-static wrist strap to perform this method.
- Now, open the case and locate the Clear CMOS jumper on the motherboard using the motherboard manual or the Asus website for reference.
Step 2: Replace the CMOS
- After that, remove the jumper from the pins it is currently attached to, making note of the current position. Then, place it in the Clear CMOS position as indicated on the Asus motherboard.
- Now, remove the jumper from the Clear CMOS position.
- After a period of time ranging from one minute to one hour, as recommended by Asus, replace the CMOS in the original position for the particular motherboard and CMOS combination.
Step 3: Save the Changes
- Now, replace the cover and connect the power cord.
- After connecting the power cord, boot the system.
- Choose the ‘Save changes’ option if it is prompted by the BIOS for system memory, drives detected and other settings.
- At last, you have to set the date and time if prompted or you can alternately set the date and time when the operating system finishes loading.
- Now, it’s time to check if you still encounter this Asus motherboard code CC issue or not. If this troublesome error still bothers you, then you should upgrade the BIOS of the system after doing this method. Hope, it will fix this error code CC.
Method 4: Upgrade the BIOS
Since the problem tends to stem, most probably, from the BIOS, we recommend you to perform a BIOS update. Also, it needs a regular update session which keeps your system working without frequent problems. However, obey the precise instructions mentioned below:
Download the BIOS Update File
- At first, open the Start menu and type ‘msinfo’ in the search field.
- After that, click on the ‘System Information’ option present at the top of the Start Window.
- Now, check your system’s model name. Note it down since you will require the information while searching for the update file of your BIOS. However, you can skip this particular step if you own a custom-built computer.
- Then, locate the number of your BIOS version.
- Beside the heading of the BIOS version or date, you tend to notice the name of a company along with your system’s model number. Apart from this, you should also notice the number following after a period and the latter number which comes after the period is the BIOS version. But, if you are operating on a custom-built system, you must locate the motherboard’s model and not that of the computer.
- The next step is to open the support website of your BIOS manufacturer. The simplest method is to type in the manufacturer’s name of your system or the system’s model name into Google. Then, you can click on a relevant link. But, this method varies since it depends on the computer manufacturer.
- Then, depending on the website, open the ‘Updates, Downloads or Support’ section.
- Once you discover the BIOS file, you can easily proceed. Ensure that the file is newer than the version of your BIOS. In case, the number is higher than the one of your BIOS version, it requires an update. But, if the version number present on the website matches the number of the BIOS version, it indicates the updated health of the BIOS.
- To download the BIOS update file, click on the Download button or link to initiate the download process.
- Wait for sometimes to download the file. After downloading the proper file, you have to update the BIOS.
Update the BIOS
The troublesome Asus motherboard CC code can easily be treated if you continue with the process of BIOS update. For performing this, just follow the guidelines one-by-one:
- First of all, ensure that the system is connected to a standard and reliable power source.
- The next step is to extract the BIOS file. You can extract the BIOS file within the folder.
- Double-click on the ZIP file that you have downloaded in order to open it.
- Now, click on the Extract tab present at the top of the window.
- Then, click on ‘Extract all’ and wait for the extracted folder to open up.
- After that, connect a USB flash drive into the system and replicate the BIOS file onto the flash drive. To do this, press the Ctrl key and C key combination on the keyboard after clicking on the BIOS file once. Then, press the Ctrl and V key combination in order to paste in your copied file.
- After that, launch the BIOS page and if you can, back up your BIOS.
- Enable and employ the tools of BIOS update.
- Finally, lend permission to your computer to update the BIOS.
Method 5: Reset the CPU Cooler and CPU
The last method that you can try to get rid of this issue is resetting the CPU and the CPU cooler. As the error is also partially related to the CPU, this step can help you resolve the error. To reset the CPU cooler, remove the CPU fan. You can remove it with a screwdriver. You should reset the CPU cooler twice or thrice for a better result. After resetting the CPU cooler, reset the CPU as well. Now, restart your device and check whether the issue still persists or not.
In this comprehensive article, we have discussed precisely regarding the Asus motherboard code CC and the techniques to solve it. This article will surely help you to alert at the primary stage of the problem. Moreover, we have given some of the effective methods to fix this issue. So, we hope, this article will be beneficial for you to resolve the error CC on your Asus motherboard as well as enhances the overall performance of your system.