The internal server error is basically an HTTP status code which indicates that some misconfigurations have occured on a website server. The error is indeed frustrating as there is no specific reason behind the Internal Server Error on Mac. Most of the Mac users have reported that this error occurs whenever they try to access any particular site. Further, the error message gets customized in various forms any repeat to change with each new click. The most common message appears as ‘500 Internal Server Error’. Uploading incorrect files or configuration error are thought to be the underlying reasons. But, hopefully, there are many basic ways to fix 500 Internal Server Error on Mac. In this article, we are going to explain some effective ways by which you can easily solve the problem.
How to Fix Internal Server Error on Mac
Let’s check out the most fundamental methods to fix the Internal Server Error on Mac. You have to read the article and follow the steps with patience.
Method 1 – Clean Browser Caches
This is the first method that we are going to explain below. Also, we will discuss the steps for three different web browsers such as Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.
For Safari Web Browser:
If you use Safari, then you have to follow the methods carefully. Here, in this step, at first, you need to open the Safari browser.
- In the Safari menu, choose the Preferences option.
- In the Advanced section, you have to select the ‘Show Develop menu’ in the menu bar.
- Now, click on the Develop option, in the menu bar and choose ‘Empty Caches’.
Finally, you have to close the Safari browser to complete the cache clearing. Now, check the error is resolved or not.
For Chrome Browser:
If you use Chrome, then you have to follow these steps below.
- At first, you need to open the Chrome browser.
- In the Chrome menu, select the Preferences option.
- Now, you have to scroll down and select the Advanced option.
- At the end of the ‘Privacy and Security’ list, you need to choose the ‘Clear browsing data’ option.
- Now, tick ‘Cached images and files’ and select the time range.
Once done, you have to select the ‘Clear Data’ button to start the process. Lastly, clear the caches and check if the error persists or not.
For Firefox Browser:
If you use this popular search engine, then you need to follow below steps one by one.
- At first, go to the Firefox browser.
- Then, you have to select the Preferences option in the Firefox menu.
- Now, you should choose the ‘Privacy & Security’ section.
- After that, in the Cookies and Site Data part, select the Clear Data button, for clearing all the caches.
After going through all the above steps, you need to check whether the problem gets resolved or not.
Method 2 – Reloading the Webpage
This is another most simple way that you can try to fix the error. In this step, you have to reload the webpage, by clicking the Reload button or Refresh or F5 or pressing Ctrl-R or try to type in the URL again on the address bar. After reloading the webpage, you need to check whether the internal server problem is resolved or not.
Method 3 – Delete User Browser Cookies
If you are still getting the problem, then you have to follow this method. Generally, this internal server 500 issue can be fixed by removing the cookies. After removing, you can easily resolve the problem.
Hope, this article was enough beneficial to mitigate the Internal Server Error on Mac problem. We have simplified all the steps, so that, you can easily understand the process. If the problem still appears, then you have to take an expert’s help for better assistance.