HP Officejet Pro 8600 is all in one device that prints, faxes, and scans any kind of documents. Even though there are too many functionality advantages while using this machine, but in this article, we will discuss the only one problem that you can face while using it, that is the HP Officejet pro 8600 scanner setup. The reasons for which you need to know the setup process of this device is as follows: If the device gets reset due to some virus attack, then this knowledge is highly necessary. If you buy a brand new device, then in order to use it, you will have to set it up. In the next section, the setup process for this scanner device is elaborately discussed, so follow it.
Steps to Resolve the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Scanner Setup
In this section of the article, there are various points that will help you to resolve this problem in an efficient and easy way.
Use the Wireless Setup Wizard to Setup the HP Device:
In order to manage the wireless connection with the printer, use the ‘Wireless Setup Wizard’ via the printer’s Control Panel. For that, you will have to follow the steps beneath:
- First, set the hardware of the printer by looking at the Setup Guide which came with the device package.
- Now, on the Control Panel of this device, tap on the right arrow key and then, choose the option ‘Setup’. Next, select the option ‘Network’.
- After that, from the list of options that comes up, choose the ‘Wireless’ and then again, select the option ‘Wireless Setup Wizard’. Now, tap on the button ‘OK’.
- At last, within that wizard, follow the instructions and finish the setup process of the printer.
Use the Software CD:
You can set up the HP Officejet Pro 8600 printers or scanner if you simply use the software CD that comes with the device. Follow the steps underneath, in order to do it.
- First, insert the CD on to the optical drive of the computer. Now, allow it to run and wait till the ‘AutoPlay’ feature installer comes up.
- Once the installer of the printer software shows up, then follow the instructions that come up on the screen and install the application within the machine.
- When the installation is complete, restart your computer.
- After the computer boots up, then print any document from your PC and check if it is working or not.
Utilize the Push Button Method to set up the Device:
This is another method to set up the device using the Push Button method.
- First, on the Control Panel, hit an arrow key on the right side and select the option ‘Setup’. Next, choose the ‘Network’ option.
- After that, choose the option ‘Wi-Fi Protected Setup’ and then, follow the information that appears on the screen.
- When you get a prompt, then choose ‘Push Button’ option. Now, tap and keep the ‘WPS button pressed for about three seconds, on the wireless router or access point.
- Finally, for about two minutes wait for the device to connect. If the device successfully connects, then the light of the wireless will represent the process.
Via the PIN Method Setup the Scanner or Printer
This is yet another point that lets you set up the printer by using a PIN method. Follow the lines below, in order to know this method.
- The first steps are totally similar to the initial line present on the previous point.
- In the next step, hit the option ‘Wi-Fi Protected Setup’ and follow the information on the screen. After that, once you get a prompt, then hit on the option ‘PIN’. During this time you will get the ‘WPS PIN’ on the display.
- Now, for the wireless router connection, launch the configuration application and after that, type the ‘WPS PIN’.
- At the final steps, follow the last line of the previous point.
Use the Embedded Web Server to Setup Printer
When the HP scanner is connected to a network, then to set up a wireless connection you can use the ‘Embedded Web Server’.
- First, launch a web browser and then, type the related IP address of the printer on the URL bar of it and then, tap on ‘Enter’ key. This will open the ‘Embedded Web Server’.
- Once the ‘EWS’ open up, then go to the tab ‘Home’. After that, in the ‘Setup’ box choose the option ‘Wireless Setup Wizard’.
- Lastly, follow all the details on the screen and attempt to set up the scanner.
Procedure to alter the Ethernet to Wireless Connection
Here, in this section, the process to change the wired to wireless connections are provided. Follow the steps underneath:
- First, follow the first line of the third point within this section.
- Next, choose the option ‘Wireless’. Now, the option that comes after is the ‘Wireless Setup Wizard’. Next, choose the ‘OK’ button.
- Finally, to finish the alteration of the connection, just follow the step-by-step information that comes on the screen.
From the USB change to the Wireless Connection
This point will provide steps to change from the USB to the wireless connection. Now, follow these steps below to do it.
- First, right-click on the ‘Windows Logo’ present within the taskbar. After that, from the Options menu, choose the option ‘Search’. This will open the Search Area.
- In that area, type “hp”. Next, from the search result, choose the application that has the name ‘HP’.
- Now, within that software, find and then choose the name of your scanner. After that, choose the option ‘Printer Setup & Software’.
- Then, hit the option ‘Connect a new printer’. Next, choose the ‘Convert a USB connected printer to wireless’ option.
- At last, follow all the steps that appear in front of the screen.
Assess the Wireless Connection of HP Printer
In order to fully check the HP Officejet pro 8600 scanner or printer, you will have to print the information of the wireless connection, represent as the Test page. This page basically contains details like the ‘IP address’, ‘MAC address’ of the device, ‘status of printer’. Now, if there is a connection between the scanner and network then, the Test Page will show the information about the network settings.
Steps to Print the Test Page
You will get the steps on how to print a Test Page on this point. So, follow the steps below:
- First, go to the Operation panel of the HP printer. Then, press the right arrow key and choose the option ‘Setup’. After that, select the option ‘Network’.
- Next, choose the option ‘Wireless’.
At last, hit the ‘Print Wireless Network Test’. This will print the information if the setup has been done properly. Lastly, try to scan a page and verify the HP Officejet pro 8600 scanner setup process.
HP Officejet pro 8600 scanner setup process, that is present in the previous section of this article, can easily help you to set the device. But, if by any chance you face any problem while doing this setup process, then, do not worry at all. Just provide the details about your query in the comment section below.