Windows 10 is the latest Operating System developed by Microsoft Corporation. This OS became quite popular among users after Windows 7. Due to its easy upgrade process and several other unique applications and features, this system software is used by almost every Windows users. Despite having so many different features and applications, even then you can encounter specific technical issues. One such problem that you may get is the selected boot image did not authenticate HP. In order to know why this error occur you have to follow the guide.
Why Does This Error Occur?
In this section, you will get the various reasons behind the occurance of this error.
- This glitch occurs when there is any violation of the security protocol after the database of your computer is checked.
- When the information on the boot loader is missing then also you can get this issue.
- Even the image within your boot loader can get corrupted due to virus or any other malware program. Also, these malicious softwares can also wipe or delete the information present within the boot loader.
In the next section, you will get solutions to get rid of the selected boot image did not authenticate error.
Solutions To Solve Authentication Error
This section of the article will provide you with various steps, that will help you to resolve this issue in the easiest way.
In BIOS Change To Legacy Boot
In order to change your boot procedure to the legacy boot follow all the steps below.
- First, when you press the power button on your computer then continuously tap on the ‘Del’ or ‘F10’ key to get into the BIOS setup. The key you need to press to get into BIOS, will be given on the screen when the computer starts.
- In the BIOS setup, go to the section ‘System Configuration’. Within that section, find the label ‘Legacy Support’.
- After that, you will have to ‘Enable’ the Legacy support, which you can do by hitting the ‘Enter’ key.
- Now, go to the ‘Boot’ section in the BIOS setup. Then, within it go to the ‘Secure Boot’ label and ‘Disable’ it.
- When everything is done within the BIOS setup, then select ‘Y’ key to save any changes and then exit from it.
- At last, restart your computer.
Load Default Settings Of BIOS
- First, switch off your machine and after a few seconds turn it back on. Now, as soon as the laptop turns on hit either ‘Del’ or ‘F10’ key to get into the BIOS setup.
- Inside the BIOS setup window, go to the ‘Exit’ section and there you will get the ‘Load Setup Defaults’ option. Choose that option by the up/down arrow keys and then tap on ‘Enter’. Now, to confirm this operation, select the ‘Y’ key.
- From now, the BIOS setup will use the default settings to load your Operating System.
- At last, reboot your computer and see if you are still getting this error or not.
Do A Hard Reset Of Your Computer
- At first, shut down your machine and take the power cable out from the socket. Next, take the battery out from the PC.
- Now, press and hold the power button of the laptop for about 20 seconds or more in order to do the hard reset.
- After that, insert the battery and then put the power cable back on the socket.
- At last, reboot your machine and check if the issue is fixed or not.
Execute Diagnostics For All Hardware
Sometimes there is a chance that you can get this selected boot image did not authenticate HP error due to a failure of your hard disk. Even this error is possible if any other hardware like memory, graphics card etc can fail due to a malfunction. To see which hardware is the culprit, the solution is to run the diagnostics tool. In order to execute it follow the points below.
- At first, restart the computer and then press or ‘Del’ or F10’ key to get into the setup window of the BIOS.
- Inside the window, navigate to the ‘Boot’ section and then using the up/down arrow keys choose the option ‘Boot to Utility Partition’ or ‘Diagnostics’. Now, tap on the ‘Enter’ key and then ‘Y’ key to run the ‘Diagnostics’ utility.
- This utility will examine all the hardware present in your system automatically. Now, after the inspection is over, if there is any problem with certain hardware then you will get a report on that hardware.
Execute the Automatic Repair Utility Of Windows
- First, insert any bootable installation DVD or USB drive of Windows 10 OS. After you have inserted it then hit any key on the keyboard to get into the Windows Setup page.
- Now, choose a language you prefer and then tap the button ‘Next’.
- After that, from the ‘Install now’ window, choose the link ‘Repair your computer’.
- You will see a ‘Choose an option’ page. In that page select the option ‘Troubleshoot’.
- Within the ‘Troubleshoot’ page, locate and then choose the option ‘’Advanced options’.
- Inside the ‘Advanced options’ page, tap the option ‘Automatic Repair’. After that, the ‘Windows Repair’ will start to run.
- Then allow that utility to execute completely. After it is over the computer will reboot itself.
If you are getting this selected boot image did not authenticate HP during the startup of your machine then not to worry. Now, in order to rectify this error quite easily, all you to do is to follow all the steps that are mentioned in the previous section carefully. But, even then if you are unable to do so, do post your comments for further guidance.