Samsung is one of those companies which products/devices are quite famous for their high built quality, productivity, and innovative features. And those qualities can be seen in the Samsung SL-M2020W/XAA Wireless Monochrome Printer. However, despite all its good qualities, the setup process of the Samsung SL-M2020W/XAA Wireless Monochrome printer is a little bit tricky and many first-time users get confused or make mistakes while performing it. However, sometimes even the old and experienced users encounter different types of issue or problem while executing the Samsung SL-M2020W/XAA Wireless Monochrome Printer setup process. Now, if you are one of those users who is facing different types of connection problems while setting up this printer and want to know the proper setup process then follow this article. This is because we have provided all the known and effective setup methods here. Now without wasting any time, let’s have a look at them.
Samsung SL-M2020W/XAA Wireless Monochrome Printer Setup Methods
There are three methods by which you can perform the Samsung SL-M2020W/XAA Wireless Monochrome printer setup process and all of them are given below. Have a look at them and then try to execute them as instructed.
Connect with the Help of Samsung Easy Printer Manager Application
The Samsung Easy Printer Manager is a printer setting application which is developed by Samsung for their printers. This application primarily serves as an easy access point for the settings and features of the Samsung printer to the users. Now, If you want to connect your Samsung SL-M2020W/XAA Wireless Monochrome Printer with your system by using the Easy Printer Manager application, then follow the given steps. But before starting this process, download and install the latest version of Samsung Easy Printer Manager application from the official website of Samsung.
- Open the Samsung Easy Printer Manager application on your PC and click on the Advanced Mode icon.
- On the Advanced Mode window, click on the Device Settings tab.
- Inside that tab, you need to find and click on the Network Settings tab.
- Now you need to turn on the Wi-Fi Direct feature of your printer and provided the following information in the Network Settings tab.
- Device Name: Enter the name of your printer. By default standard, the device name is the name of the printer model that you are using.
- IP Address: Enter the IP Address of your Samsung printer. The IP Address option is used only for the Wi-Fi Direct, not for the wired or wireless network. Most of the time, the recommended IP Address of the Samsung printer is the default local IP address (192.168.3.1).
- Group Owner: If you want to use your printer as a wireless access point, then activate this option and assign the Wi-Fi Direct to Group’s owner.
- Network Password. If your Samsung printer is assigned as the Group’s owner, then a network password will be required to connect other devices with your printer.
- Once you have provided these pieces of information properly, hit the Save button in order to save all the changes that you have made.
Samsung Printer Connection via SyncThru Web Service
Now, you can also perform the Samsung SL-M2020W/XAA Wireless Monochrome printer setup process via the SyncThru Web Service. The SyncThru Web Service is a web page which is created by the Samsung for their printer users. This web page offers many setting services to Samsung printer users. Other than that, the SyncThru Web Service also provides access to many Samsung printer features to users. If you want to use this service for printer-system connection, then follow the given steps.
- Enter the Default IP Address of your Samsung SL-M2020W/XAA printer into your desired web browser.
- Then enter the user ID and password of your Samsung printer in order to unlock the SyncThru web page. Most of the time, the default user id/password of the Samsung printer is admin/sec00000. However, if this doesn’t work then check the user manual to know the correct user ID and password of the Samsung printer.
- Now on the SyncThru web page, locate the Settings tab and click on it. Inside that tab, you need to click on the Network Settings option.
- On the Network Settings page, find the Wi-Fi Direct option and enable it.
- After that, you need to provide the following information properly.
- Device Name
- IP Address
- Group Owner
- Network Password
- Once you have entered the required information, hit the Apply button.
Now, in order to execute any printing operation from your smartphone or other mobile devices, you will need to download and install a mobile printing application like the Samsung Mobile Print.
Using the Control Panel of the Samsung Printer
Another Samsung SL-M2020W/XAA Wireless Monochrome printer setup method lies in the Control Panel. And, if you want to use that method, then follow the given instructions. However, before moving on to the setup steps, install the Printer drivers on your system with the help of the CD provided or download them from the official website of Samsung.
- Turn on your Samsung SL-M2020W/XAA printer and press the Menu button.
- Now on the Control Panel, find and select the Network option and press the OK button.
- The Network window will open up on the Control Panel. There, you need to select the Wireless option and press the OK button.
- Inside the Wireless window, you will get the Wi-Fi Direct option. Select it and press OK in order to enable it.
- Now, you have to type the Device Name, IP Address, Group Owner, Network Key of your printer into the given boxes.
- After that, press the Back button in order to return to the main Control Panel window.
In the Wi-Fi Direct window, you will find an option labeled as Status. This option displays the number of devices connected with your Samsung printer at that time. At any given time, only five devices can connect with the Samsung SL-M2020W/XAA printer.
If even after trying all the methods given in the above section, you are unable to connect the Samsung SL-M2020W/XAA printer with your system then contact with a printer technician. It is quite possible that your printer is encountering some technical/hardware issue and only an expert can fix it.
We hope that our solutions and suggestions are helpful to you regarding the Samsung SL-M2020W/XAA Wireless Monochrome Printer Setup methods. For more tech-related information, keep following our articles.