Several users have reported that Safari frozen on iPad especially occurs when the Safari browser crashes after being updated. This problem can occur when you are trying to browse, load a site, or launch a new tab, then suddenly the Safari browser freezes and stops working. If Safari is filled with a lot of caches, browsing history, and cookies, then you may face this problem. An older version of Safari and iPad can also cause this issue, due to compatibility issue. These are the common causes behind the occurrence of the Safari frozen issue on the iPad. If you are facing the same problem, then follow the undermentioned solutions to overcome this situation.
Prominent Solutions to Fix Safari Frozen on iPad
Before going to the solutions, at first, you have to restart your iPad and then check whether the issue has been fixed or not. If it is not, then you can follow the solutions which are mentioned below:
Solution 1 – Removing iCloud Data associated with Safari
This is one of the most reliable solutions that can help you to resolve this issue. Follow the points given below:
- You need to go to the Settings application.
- In the Settings window, tap on the iCloud.
- From the iCloud, you have to turn Off the switch for the Safari.
Solution 2 – Remove the Cache
When you see that Safari freezes on iPad, at that moment, you need to check the caches if it is cleaned or not. To do so follow the instructions:
- At first, you have to open the Settings window.
- From the Settings window, tap on the Safari.
- In the Safari window, you have to scroll down the page and locate the option ‘Clear the History and Website Data’ option, tap on it.
- In the next page, you will get a confirmation page, tap on the Clear option. Now, you can see the process has started. Once it is done, restart the iPad and then, check whether the Safari opens properly without any issue.
Solution 3 – Update the iPad Software
By updating the iPad software you can resolve several problems that you have encountered. So, you need to update it. Follow the steps here under:
- In the beginning, you need to put the USB cable into the iPad. Then, put the other side of the USB cable into the USB port on the system.
- Next, launch the iTunes media player on the system. The software can take a minute to accept your iPad device.
- From iTunes, click on the “iPad” icon and then, click on the “Summary” section.
- When the Summary section opens, click on the “Check For Updates” button. Now, the system will search whether the update is available or not.
- If found, then click on the “Update” option to start the installation process. To complete the process follow the onscreen instructions carefully.
- Once it is done, restart the iPad and then, check whether the issue persists or not.
Solution 4 – Restart the Safari
When you face this problem you need to restart the Safari properly. Firstly, close the Safari application and wait for a few seconds and again open it.
Solution 5 – Update the Safari Application
Sometimes, Safari frozen on iPad issue appears when you have not updated the Safari application properly. So firstly, you need to check whether the Safari is updated or not. If you see it is not updated, then update it immediately. To complete this solution follow the directions which are cited below:
- Firstly, go to the Apple Store.
- In the Apple Store window, find the Safari application and check whether it is updated or not.
- If not, click on the Update option. Now, you will find the update process has begun.
- Once it completes, restart the iPad.
Solution 6 – Resetting the iPad
By resetting the iPad you can fix the Safari frozen issue on your device. Follow the following steps:
- Double tap on the Home option to launch the recent applications.
- Next, swipe the Safari application.
- Then, press and hold the Home button and Power button until the Apple logo appears. It indicates that the iPad is restarting.
- After resetting the iPad, enter the passcode and then, try to open the Safari application.
Solution 7 – Turn Off Safari Suggestions Features
If the Safari suggestions features are turned On, then you may see the issue of Safari frozen on iPad. So, you have to turn it Off. Follow the points given below:
- In the Settings window, tap on the Safari.
- From the Safari section, turn Off the Search Engine Suggestions and then Safari Suggestions to disable it.
- After doing this, open the Safari and then, check whether the Safari works properly.
We hope, after reading this article you have found the best way to fix the Safari frozen on iPad. After performing all the steps you can easily resolve this issue on your device. In case, if you face any problem, then you need to take expert help.