Once you come across any kind of error messages, the first thing you try to do is run the SFC scan process. But sometimes, this checking tool fails to perform it’s own work and generates an error message showing “Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation”. If you have already faced this error and want to resolve this bug without any hassle, then you can try to implement the steps provided in this article. Hopefully, this article will help you out.
Causes for “Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested Operation” Error
You can encounter this error with your device, due to more than one reason. For instance-
- If there is some error in the hard disk then, you can encounter this error on your device.
- In some cases, you can also encounter this error, if the SFC scan fails to access winsxs folder.
After knowing the causes, now, let’s see the solutions that can fix this particular error.
Fixes For “Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested Operation” Error
Here are some easy fixes, hopefully, these will help you out.
Method 1: Run SFC in Safe Mode
Once you encounter this error message on your device then, the first thing which you have to perform is run “sfc /scannow” in safe mode. In that case, try to follow these steps:
- At first, you have to tap the Windows logo key and the R key at the same time to launch the Run dialogue box.
- In this dialogue box, you have to type ‘msconfig’, as well as, hit Enter to continue.
- Now, you have to tick the box against the “Safe boot in Boot” label and you have to tap on OK to continue.
- Once done, when prompted by the system configuration, you have to click on the Restart button.
- Once done, Windows will boot into Safe Mode.
- Now, you have to run “sfc /scannow” to check whether you are able to resolve this matter or not.
In case, if you are unable to resolve this matter, then you have to follow the alternative method.
Method 2: Run CHKDSK
In case, if you noticed that, SFC scan is unable to resolve this issue, then you have to try out CHKDSK to resolve this particular issue. In that case, try to follow these steps:
- At first, you have to type ‘cmd’ in the search box, from the Start menu.
- Once done, you have to place a right click situated in the Command Prompt.
- Now, you have to select ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- After that, you have to click on the YES option when prompted by the User Account Control.
- Now, you have to type “chkdsk /r” which is situated in the Command Prompt window, as well, you have to press Enter to continue.
- In the schedule checking disk, you have to enter ‘Y’.
- After completing all of these steps, you have to close the Command Prompt window, once done, you have to restart your PC.
- After that, it will start checking the disk, as well as, it will resolve the errors which are detected automatically.
Method 3: Reinstall the System
You can also reinstall this system to resolve this matter without any hassle. So, go through the instructions provided below.
- At first, you have to navigate to the Microsoft Media Creation Tool page, as well as, you have to tap on the Download Tool Now button.
- Once done, you have to accept the license agreement.
- After that, you have to ‘Keep the Upgrade your PC’ option as the default one and tap on the Next button.
- Once done, you have to follow the onscreen instructions to complete this procedure.
After performing these steps, hopefully, you will be able to resolve this frequent bug easily.
In this article, we have provided a step by step guide using which, you will be able to resolve “Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation Windows 10”. Try to follow each and every step carefully. Now, if you encounter any kind of system glitches while performing these steps, then you can leave a comment as feedback.