The Windows 7 update not working error is one of the most reported errors which the users face while working with the system. It primarily arises if you are using a corrupt, missing, outdated drivers. If the DNS server settings are changed, you might encounter this error. Also, if the patches are not updated, you struggle with the same issue. If you are encountering the same error, go through the methods as given below
You can perform the solutions given below if you are struggling with the Windows 7 won’t update error. This is the tested ways, should help you resolve the issue quickly.
Whenever you are encountering the Windows 7 won’t update error, you can run Windows Update Troubleshooter and resolve the mistake efficiently. Upon running the troubleshooter, the Windows Update Service restarts and also clears the Windows Update cache. Perform the following steps:
– First, click on the Start menu.
– Then you need to type troubleshooting in the search box and select the Troubleshooting option.
– Now, when the window appears on the computer screen, in the System and Security section, you need to click on the Fix problems with Windows Update option.
– Now, click on the Advanced option and then select Run as administrator. Also, make sure to select the checkbox which is beside the Apply repairs automatically option.
– Then, you need to click on the Next option and then the Windows will detect and fix the problems automatically.
– When the process completes, check if the error resolves.
If you are using a faulty, corrupt, missing or outdated drivers, you might struggle while updating Windows 7. Hence, upgrading them can resolve the Windows 7 update not working error. You can install the drivers both manually and automatically.
If you want to download and install the correct and the latest version of the drivers, you need to visit the manufacturer’s website. When the site appears, locate the drivers which are compatible with the device you are using. Now, download and install them and check if the error persists.
To automatically upgrade the device drivers, go through the following steps:
– First, run a full scan on the computer to detect the problems with the drivers.
– When the errors appear on the computer screen, you will get two options: Update and Update All.
– If you want to install the drivers manually, you need to click on the Update option.
– Alternatively, you can also click on the Update All option. Upon selecting this option, both the download and the installation of the drivers will be done automatically.
– The installation process will take a few minutes to complete. Wait until it ends and then check if the error resolves.
You can also fix the Windows update not working by restarting the Windows Update service manually. Look at the steps:
– First, you need to click on the Start menu.
– Now, in the search box, you need to type the cmd command and then right-click on it.
– Finally, you need to select the Run as administrator option.
– Now, you need to type net stop wuauserv and then press on the Enter key. You will then receive a message saying The Windows Update service was stopped successfully.
– Now, you need to type the net start again wuauserv command and press on the Enter key to start the Windows Update service again. Finally, check if the Windows Update stuck issue resolves.
You can also update the Patches to resolve the Windows 7 update not working error instantly. Look at the steps given below:
1. First, you need to click the Windows key and then click on Control Panel.
2. Now, you need to set the view by large icons and then click on the Windows Update option.
3. Click on the Change Settings option and then under the Important updates section, you need to select the Never check for updates option. Click on OK to save the changes.
4. Finally, restart the system and then go to the Microsoft support website to download the following updates:
5. You need to choose according to the version you need, 64-bit or 32-bit. And then place them on your PC desktop.
6. Finally, reboot the system. Then you need to press on the Windows key and R at the same time to invoke the Run dialog box.
7. Now, you need to type the services.msc, command and then press the Enter button.
8. Click on Windows Update and then select Stop
9. Now, you need to go to C:\Windows, and then click on the SoftwareDistribution option.
10. Click on the Delete option and then you have to double-click on the KB 3102810, KB3083710, KB3020369, KB3050265, KB3172605 setup files to install.
1.1. When the installation process ends, reboot the system.
12. Now, click on the Start menu and open Control Panel.
13. When the window appears, click on Windows Update and then select the Check for updates option.
You can also change the DNS server settings to fix the Windows 7 won’t update error. To change the settings, go through the following steps:
– From the keyboard, first, need to click on the Windows key and open Control Panel.
– When the window opens, click on the Windows Update option and then select theChange adapter settings option.
– Now, you have to select the connection which you want to configure and then click on Properties.
– You have click on Properties again after you have selected Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
– Click on the Advanced button and then go to the DNS tab. If any DNS server IP addresses are listed, remove them from this window.
– Now, click on the Add option and then type IPv4: 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 and IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844 and click on the Add button.
Hit the OK button to save the changes that you created and then recheck the Windows Update. When the process completes, check if the Windows update not working error solves.
The procedures mentioned above will probably help you to fix the Windows 7 update not working error. The ways are approved by the best engineers. You need to perform the procedures as stated to resolve the glitch in no time.