Windows error 0x800705b4 is an error code that is associated with the Windows Defender or with the Windows update. However, it is a nonexclusive error that doesn’t provide you with too many indications as to what the issue is all about. Usually, during the Windows update, users get stuck with various error codes. One of the critical errors that users often meet is the one with the code Windows 10 update error 0x800705b4. If you encounter the same error code then don’t panic as there are several generic solutions. Therefore, simply go through this post and get the best solutions for this error.
An Overview Of Windows Error Code 0x800705b4
Basically, there are two possible reasons for which users might encounter the Windows update error code 0x800705b4. Since error code 0x800705b4 can be very problematic while Windows update occurs, Windows update hangs with an error message and you can’t operate your device. Apart from this, during Windows Update, users have also encountered some other issues. Therefore, here, we have enlisted some other related issues that users mostly complained:
Windows Server 2016 Update Error 0x800705b4
This is an annoying error that can arise on Windows Server 2016, and if you are struggling with this glitch then you can resolve this issue using one of our solutions.
Windows 10 Activation Error 0x800705b4
This is another common error code that a large number of users often come across. Actually, this error is restricting the users from activating their Windows. Therefore, if you encounter this error then you need to disable the security software temporarily.
0x800705b4 Windows 7
Moreover, this is also a nettlesome error but can affect the older version of Windows. Hence, if you run the older version of Windows then there is a high chance that you might face this glitch. Therefore, to fix this glitch, you need to apply all the solutions that we have mentioned in the below section.
Troubleshoot Windows 10 Update Error 0x800705b4
As we have already mentioned that there are multiple ways to fix this error. You need to go through the methods and perform them carefully. You will surely get the best solutions for this glitch. Now, take a look:
Procedure #1: Reset Windows Update Components
Basically, due to a corruption of updates, users might get stuck with this problem. This issue mostly seems for those users who upgrade their Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Therefore, you can solve this glitch by simply resetting the update components. To perform this action, you need to have a look below:
Primarily, you need to go to the Start icon and then open the Command Prompt (Admin). After this action, you need to follow the below mentioned command in the command line. Remember, you need to perform each and every command and hit the Enter key after each command.
- At first, use this: net stop bits.
- After that, simply enter: net stop wuauserv.
- Then, type: net stop appidsvc in the command box.
- At last, you need to use this: net stop cryptsvc.
Once you are done, now you need to erase a particular line. To do this, you have to perform another command in the command line. Press the Enter key after each command.
- Del “%ALLUSERSPmovROFILE%\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat”.
Now, you need to move on to the further command: cd /d %windir%\system32.
Then, you need to restart all of the BITS files. To do so, simply follow the given commands. After each command, press the Enter button:
- To begin, you need to proceed with this: regsvr32.exe oleaut32.dll.
- Then, use this: regsvr32.exe ole32.dll that stands for Microsoft Register Server.
- After that, regsvr32.exe shell32.dll that can unregister or register DLL file.
- Now, use this: regsvr32.exe initpki.dll which is used to repair the corrupted or damaged initpki.dll files.
- Once you are done, then use: regsvr32.exe wuapi.dll that is also used to fix the missing or corrupt wuapi.dll files.
- Then, you need to proceed with this: regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll which stands for unregistering and registering the DLLs and ActiveX controls in the Windows Registry.
- Next, you can use this command: regsvr32.exe wuaueng1.dll that can repair the corrupt wuaueng1.dll files.
- Therefore, in order to re-register your wucltui.dll file, use this: regsvr32.exe wucltui.dll.
- After following this, you need to use this: regsvr32.exe wups.dll which is to be used with regsvr32.
- Next, you can use this: regsvr32.exe wups2.dll that is a command-line utility in Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- After that, proceed with: regsvr32.exe wuweb.dll which is used for registering and unregistering DLLs and ActiveX controls.
- Now, use this command: regsvr32.exe qmgr.dll which is a legitimate Windows process.
- After this, regsvr32.exe qmgrprxy.dll that is also used for registering and unregistering ActiveX controls and DLLs.
- Next, in order to Repair wucltux.dll not found issue, use this: regsvr32.exe wucltux.dll.
- Now, you can enter this: Onceregsvr32.exe muweb.dll which is used for holding multiple codes and procedures for Windows programs.
- Then, type: regsvr32.exe wuwebv.dll in the Command Prompt in order to register and unregister the DLLs and ActiveX controls.
- Now, use this: regsvr32.exe atl.dll that contain functions used across multiple applications.
- Next let’s proceed with this: regsvr32.exe urlmon.dll which is used for registering and unregistering DLLs and ActiveX controls.
- Once you are done, you need to perform this: regsvr32.exe mshtml.dll that is generally used by the Internet Explorer.
- Then, enter this: regsvr32.exe shdocvw.dll that can fix the damaged or missing shdocvw.dll files.
- Now, use this: regsvr32.exe browseui.dll which is used to register and unregister Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) controls.
- After that, enter: regsvr32.exe jscript.dll to unregister and register the DLLs and ActiveX controls.
- Next, you can type this: regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll in the command box.
- Once you are done, you need to perform this action, enter: regsvr32.exe scrrun.dll that is aka Dynamic Link Library.
- Then, you have to use this: regsvr32.exe msxml.dll that registers and unregisters DLL files.
- Now, you have to [proceed with this: regsvr32.exe msxml3.dll which stands for the Microsoft Register Server.
- After that, use this: regsvr32.exe msxml6.dll which is used to unregister and register the Embedding (OLE) controls and Object Linking like ActiveX Control.OCX files And .DLL files.
- Now, enter this: regsvr32.exe actxprxy.dll which is to be used with regsvr32.
- Then, in the Command Prompt, simply type: regsvr32.exe softpub.dll that is used for registering and unregistering DLLs and ActiveX controls.
- Now, enter this command: regsvr32.exe wintrust.dlln that register and unregister the DLLs and ActiveX controls.
- After this process, you need to use this: regsvr32.exe dssenh.dll that is to be used with regsvr32, a DLL must export the functions DllUnregisterServer and DllRegisterServer.
- Then, type: regsvr32.exe rsaenh.dll that is register and unregister the ActiveX controls and DLLs.
- Next, try this: regsvr32.exe gpkcsp.dll that is used to register and unregister OLE controls.
- Then, in the Command Prompt simply enter: regsvr32.exe sccbase.dll that also stands for Microsoft Register Server.
- Now, type: regsvr32.exe slbcsp.dll which is also used to register and unregister the DLLs and ActiveX controls.
- Finally, enter this: regsvr32.exe cryptdlg.dll that used for unregistering and registering the DLLs and ActiveX controls.
After that, you need to restart the Winsock. To do so, you have to use and hit the Enter: netsh winsock reset
Once you are done, close all the Command Prompt and then simply click on the Restart button in order to reload your system. Now, check, if the error gets eliminated.
Procedure #2: Perform SFC And DISM Scans
After resetting the update components, if you still get stuck with the same issue then you need to perform the SFC and DISM scans. In most cases, running the SFC and DISM scan can solve this issue. As we know due to the file corruption, this kind of error code can appear. Thus, you can try out this process. You can perform it by simply following the given steps:
At first, you need to press and hold the Windows logo key + X keys in order to open the Win+X menu. After that, you can select the PowerShell (Admin). Alternatively, you can choose the Command Prompt (Admin). Now, you have to enter “sfc/scannow’; in the command line and then hit the Enter key in order to run the process. Now, wait for a while and then check whether the issue is resolved.
Procedure #3: Temporarily Disable the Antivirus Program
Having a good security program is quite essential but, sometimes it interferes with your device and causes this glitch to arise. According to users, disabling the security program solve their problem then we highly recommend turning off the antivirus program temporarily.
To turn off the security program, you need to go to the Windows Notifications area, select on the Microsoft Security Essentials icon, then tap on the Open. After that, navigate to the Settings tab where you need to select the Real-time Protection. Now, you need to uncheck the box. Next turn on real-time protection. After that, simply click on the OK button in order to save the new changes.
Procedure #4: Make Sure That Windows Defender Service Is Running
After disabling the anti-virus program, if the problem persists, then you need to make sure that the Windows Defender is running as to download the updates, some specific services need to be running. According to users, when Windowed Defender is not running on their PC, users get stuck with multiple error codes and messages. In order to check this Windows Defender Service, you need to perform the steps below:
- At first, press the Windows logo key + R function keys simultaneously and in the search box, simply enter “services.msc”.
- After that, simply hit the Enter button.
- Now, the services window will open, where you need to check whether Windows Defender Antivirus Service and Windows Defender Firewall both are running.
- If you find that those two services are not running then you need to double-click on them in order to run them.
- After this process, if these two services are not running then you need to go to the Start icon and then set the startup as Automatic.
- Once you are done, simply hit the Apply button as well as the OK button in order to save the new changes.
Now, you should able to install the updates! If not, then you have to move on to the next process.
Procedure #5: Perform Restart
Most of the time, the simple procedure is the best and some of the users have complained that they can resolve this Windows error code by simply performing. Thus, you can also try this method as a generic solution. In order to perform the restart, you have to open the Start menu at first and then select the Restart button. Once your device restarts, simply check if the issue gets eliminated.
Procedure #6: Reset The Windows Update Settings
You might face this error due to your wrong or incorrect Windows Update settings. Therefore, you can resolve this matter with a few clicks. To do so, simply press the Windows logo key + I functions keys simultaneously in order to open the Settings App. Once you are done, you need to go to the Update & Security section.
In the Update & Security section, simply look for and select the Advanced Options. Now, you need to search for the Give Me Updates For Others Microsoft Products When I Update Windows button. Once you find it, simply Uncheck or Disable that box. Now, select the Restart button and then check if the problem resolves.
Procedure #7: Run chkdsk Scan
You can also fix this issue by simply running the chkdsk scan. Basically, this kind of error can occur due to the file corruption. If the files get corrupted then you will surely face this glitch. To fix this problem, you can run a chkdsk scan. To perform the chkdsk, you need to perform the following steps:
- Primarily, you need to open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Then, in the Command Prompt, simply type chkdsk /f X: command. Make sure to replace X with your system, by default that should be C.
- Now, you will be asked for a system scan. At the next restart, simply hit the Y button as well as the Enter key in order to confirm the process.
Once you restart your system, chkdsk start scanning. Once the scanning process is over, check if the issue gets removed.
Procedure #8: Do Clean Installation Of Windows 10
If none of the workarounds were in vain, then you need to create a backup of your device and then do a clean install. To do so, go to the Start menu first then press and hold the Restart +Shift keys. Now, select the Troubleshooter and then hit the ‘Reset this PC’ button. Once you are done, click on the ‘Remove Everything’ option. Then, if you will be asked, then you can insert the Windows 10 installation media. Now, search for and select the ‘Only The Drive Where Windows Is Installed’ option. Then, click on the ‘Just Remove My files’ option. Now, you need to review the list of the changes that reset will perform and hit the Reset button. After this process, simply follow the further instructions in order to finish the process.
We hope, these solutions are quite helpful for you to resolve the Windows 10 update error 0x800705b4. Moreover, if you have further queries or questions then you can share your feedback with us by posting your comments.