Laptops are a crucial part of our daily life. Toshiba manufactures one of the best outstanding featured Laptops. But still, sometimes errors like Toshiba laptop black screen can occur. It is a very common error faced by almost every Toshiba users. There are several reasons for the error and additionally, you can not perform any task when this error appears. So, if you are going through this Toshiba laptop screen black error and want to resolve it, then go through this article.
Primary Causes Behind Toshiba Laptop Black Screen Error
To overcome this error you have to know the main causes behind this error. Here, we have listed some common reason for the occurrence of Toshiba laptop black screen error. Take a look below:
- If there is any connection problem, then this error may occur.
- Fault in the power setting can generate a black screen.
- If your laptop gets overheated, then you may face this error.
- Any hardware issue can also lead to this error.
- Outdated video card driver may also be a cause behind this laptop error.
All the above points are the primary causes of this error. Now, follow the solutions, in the next section, to overcome this error on the go.
Quick-Fix Toshiba Laptop Black Screen: Easy Solutions
Here, you get some easy steps to fix Toshiba laptop black screen error. So, to overcome this error easily, just follow the steps below:
Solution 1: Check the Power Connection
Sometimes, any connection problem may prompt this type of error. So, at first, check the laptop connection and then, note whether the monitor is connected properly or not. If the monitor does not display a standby power light while connecting the power cable with your Toshiba laptop, then there may be a higher chance of getting a damaged power cable. At that time, you have to change the power cable and get a new one.
Solution 2: Power Reset the Toshiba Laptop
Power resetting is a quick trick for resolving the Toshiba laptop turns on but the screen is a black error. Here’s how to do it:
- At first, turn off your laptop completely.
- Then, remove all the external devices including the USB drive, modem, Bluetooth and headset devices.
- Now, remove your AC adapter cable, hard drive and if your battery is removable, then try to remove the battery also.
- After that, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds till it boots up the laptop.
- Now, plug the AC adapter and your battery again.
- After that, press the power button, to turn on the Toshiba laptop.
Your laptop starts normally and hopefully the black screen issue also gets fixed.
Solution 3: Check for Virus and Malware
The Toshiba laptop screen might turn black if your computer has a virus and malware intrusion. At that time, you have to run an antivirus scan. If any malware and virus get detected, the antivirus program will automatically fix it. Now, restart your laptop and see whether the black screen issue is fixed or not. If not, then you can perform the next step:
Solution 4: Reinstall or Update the Battery Driver
The Toshiba laptop black screen error may be caused by an outdated battery driver. In this case, try to reinstall your battery driver. You can reinstall your battery driver manually or choose an automatic process.
Connect your Toshiba laptop with high-speed internet and then, uninstall your battery driver. After completing the uninstalling process, reinstall this battery driver software from its official website. This may take some time but don’t worry, the battery driver will get installed and you can use it without any trouble.
To install the battery driver automatically, go to the official site and download the correct driver that will match your laptop battery version. You don’t need to know what driver is running on your laptop, it will automatically download the exact driver software.
It may fix your problem, if not, then you can try the next method.
Solution 5: Perform a System Restore
- At first, turn off your laptop.
- Then, unplug the power cable and try to remove the laptop battery.
- Now, wait for some time and reinsert the battery and plug in the power cable.
- After that, press the Shift+ F8+ Power button at the same time, from the keyboard.
- Wait for sometime, until the laptop starts.
After restarting the laptop normally, the black screen error will get resolved. If this error still persists, then you can try the next solution.
Solution 6: Use the Advanced Boot Option
- Reconnect the battery and unplug the power supply.
- Now, restart your laptop by pressing the F8 key rapidly for some time.
- It will open an Advance boot screen. In that screen, go to the Safe Mode option with the help of the arrow key.
- After that, hit the Enter key.
It will restart your Toshiba laptop normally and the error will get resolved.
Solution 7: Attach an External Monitor
- At first, attach an external monitor with your laptop.
- Then, press and hold the Fn key from the keyboard. It will show the start image in the external Window.
- After that, click on the Start menu and then, click on Control Panel. Then, select Hardware and Sound and click on the Device Manager option.
- Now, select the Monitor option, from the Driver tab.
- Press the power button from your Toshiba laptop to start the laptop normally.
Now, you see whether the error still persists or not.
Solution 8: Force Restart Toshiba Laptop
If the Toshiba laptop black screen error occurs due to the incorrect shut down of Windows, then you can perform this step.
- Untill the laptop shuts down completely, press and hold the Power button.
- Then, remove the battery.
- Again, press and hold the power button to completely discharge the power from the Toshiba laptop.
- Now, replace the battery and then, plug in the laptop.
- Again, press the power button to turn it on.
- Here, you will get an error screen, from that choose the option Starts Windows Normally.
This will resolve this error. You can also try the next solutions that will definitely fix Toshiba laptop black screen error.
Solution 9: BIOS and RAM Replacement
If none of the above solutions work for you, then you can try this step to resolve the error.
- Power off the laptop and open the laptop.
- Then, check if the RAM is properly inserted or not.
- Also, check the BIOS battery whether it needs a replacement or not.
If any of them needs modification, then you have to replace it with a new one. After replacing, turn on your Toshiba laptop and check for the error.
In this article, we have talked about all the processes on how can you overcome the Toshiba laptop black screen error. Hopefully, the above methods will help you to fix this error. In case you have any query, then you can leave your queries in the comment section.