Steam is one of the most preferable digital distribution platforms in his global world. However, like any other technical software, it is not always free from glitches. As per users, Steam error code 101 is one of the most common errors you can encounter while using this software. If you have also faced this error and want to know how to troubleshoot this error then try to focus on the guidelines mentioned below.
Symptoms To Encounter Steam Error Code 101
When you get this error, then several things can happen with your device. For instance-
- Sometimes, the active window crashes and you encounter this error message.
- Otherwise, this error can occur at the time of installing the steam application.
Now, let’s focus on the causes behind this issue.
What Causes Steam Error Code 101?
Due to several causes, you may encounter this error. For instance-
- If you are using a corrupted version of Steam application then you can encounter this error.
- Or, you can encounter this error due to internet protocol.
- Otherwise, you can face this error due to Internet connection error.
After knowing the causes, now let’s focus on the steps to troubleshoot this method.
Hacks To Troubleshoot Steam Error Code 101
Using several hacks, you can troubleshoot this error. In this case, check that you are using each and every step. It is recommended not to skip any step.
Method 1: Change The Internet Protocol
In order to resolve this issue, you should try to change the internet protocol using some steps mentioned below.
- At first, place a right click on the Steam shortcut and choose the Properties option.
- Now, right click on the shortcut option and choose the Properties option.
- In the target box, add “-TCP” and click OK to continue.
- Place a double-click on the shortcut and open the steam.
Now, you have to check the status of the error. If this error persists then try to focus on the next part mentioned below.
Method 2: Fix The Internet Issue
You can also face this error due to the internet issue of your network. In that case, try to fix the internet issue using the following step.
- Press Window + R to launch the Run box.
- Now, in the Run box type ” cmd”.
- You can see several search results.
- Right click on the Command Prompt and choose the ‘Run As Administrator’ option.
- Now, Enter in the command prompt option and place every command and Enter given below.
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- ipconfig /flushdns
- netsh winsock reset
- net stop dhcp
- net start dhcp
- netsh winhttp reset proxy
After performing the action, reboot your system and check the status of the error. If it persists then try to focus on the next step mentioned below.
Method 3: Repair Registry Entries For Steam
You can troubleshoot this error by repairing the registry entries against the Windows registry using the following steps.
- Tap on the Start option.
- Navigate to the search box.
- Write “cmd” in the search box.
- You can see a black Window will open.
- In the Command Prompt type “regedit” and hit ENTER to continue.
- You will get into the Registry editor window.
- In the Registry Editor window, choose the Steam related files and export them all.
- Click the ‘Save Option’ to save the changes.
- Now, repair the manual entries manually.
If the error persists then try to focus on the next step mentioned below.
Method 4: Remove Junk Files
You can also try to remove junk files to troubleshoot this error. In that case, try to focus on the steps mentioned below.
- On your keyboard press the Windows + R to launch the Run dialogue box.
- In the Run dialog box type “cmd” and hit ‘Enter’ to continue.
- You will get into the Command Prompt window.
- In this window, type ” cleanmgr” and hit Enter.
- Your device will start detecting and removing junk files from your device.
Now, check the status of the error code. If it persists then try to focus on the next step mentioned below.
Method 5: Reinstall Steam
In order to resolve the issue, you should try to reinstall the Steam. To perform so, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the Run dialogue box and type the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel find the option named ‘Programs and Features’.
- Now, go to the Steam application from that window.
- Place a right click on it to get the Uninstall option.
- After uninstallation, go to the developer’s website and download a fresh version of it.
After installation, if this error persists then try to focus on the next step mentioned below.
Method 6: Run System File Checker
You can also try to run the system file checker to fix this issue on your own. In that case, please go through the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the Command Prompt as described on the previous steps.
- In the Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to continue.
Your device will start running the system file checker and remove unwanted files from your device. After performing this step you will be able to troubleshoot this error.
Hope, using the steps, you will be able to troubleshoot this error on your own. In that case, you have to perform each and every step carefully. In future, if you encounter any error with your system then you can follow our websites to perform the troubleshooting process. If you can’t fix this issue then you can stay tuned with this article to derive the best outcomes.