Spotify error code 3 is a rare issue which when occurs restricts you from accessing your account either from Spotify website or Desktop app. There are several causes which are responsible for it. To know the detailed information about error code 3 on Spotify, read on. This article covers the overall idea regarding the error along with the ways with the help of which you can solve it.
You will get the error 3 message with the generic terms such as Username is incorrect or Password is incorrect. However, in the actual case, it is not that simple an issue. If not fixed in time, this may lead to further issues with Spotify.
What Causes Spotify Error Code 3?
If you are quite interested to know the reasons which are causing the Spotify error 3 before solving it, then below is the list. These are the results which are gathered from the Spotify users facing the “error code 3” message.
This error is often related to Password problems. If this is the case, then by resetting the Spotify password you can solve it. So to learn the complete methods to reset the Spotify password read this article further.
VPN tools conflict is another factor which results in such an issue.
No matter what the case is, by studying further into this article, you will able to solve it efficiently.
Methods to Solve Spotify Error Code 3
Searching for the appropriate and complete methods to solve Spotify error code 3? Then, you have arrived at the right section of the article. By a thorough study of this section, you can fix the issue exactly as the professionals do.
Method 1: Reset Spotify Password via Registered Email ID
This is one of the effective ways to solve error 3 on Spotify. And the steps to follow to perform it are very easy and are as stated below.
- First of all, you need to open the official login page of Spotify. And then, from here, click on the Sign in button which is present at the top right corner. Next, type the email you use for Spotify. After that, click on Next.
- Then, from the next page, search for the “Forgot Password” or “Reset Password” button, and then click on it.
- Next, on this “Recover your password” screen, you will get a place for entering an email address. Here, you need to enter the same email which you use to login to Spotify.
- After that, enter the captcha which you receive on the screen, to its appropriate box. And then click on Next. This will send a security code on your email, with the help of which you can proceed further and complete the leftover steps.
- Now, open your registered email address to get the security code. After placing this code on the appropriate box on the Spotify verification screen, you can modify the password for your Spotify account.
- Next, follow the onscreen instructions by entering the appropriate details wherever necessary to complete the method. During the process, you also need to create a password of your choice but by matching with the password criteria for Spotify.
After you have completed the above steps, log in to your Spotify account with the correct details. But this time you need to enter the password which you have just saved for the Spotify account. Hopefully, now you will not get the Spotify error code 3. And if you are not lucky enough to get the issue fixed with the help of this method, do not worry and try the other methods as well.
Method 2: Use Email in Place of Username or Vice Versa
If you are not able to use your Spotify account on another device, then this may be due to the entry of the wrong information. If this is the case, then continue to read this method to learn the way how to know the actual login credentials from the Spotify account that is already logged in.
At first, open your Spotify account from the device in which you have already been using Spotify.
Then, look at the left-hand side of this window. Here you will get an option as Account overview, click on it.
Then, on the right-hand side of this window, you will see your Profile details such as Username, Email, DOB, and Country. By using these details, hopefully, you can log in to your Spotify account in another device.
Hopefully, after you have done the above steps you will not get the Spotify error code 3 anymore.
Method 3: Uninstall VPN Tool(s)
After trying all the above methods if you are still getting the Spotify error code 3, then be positive, and try the steps below to get rid of the problem. Here you will get to learn the complete steps to uninstall the VPN you use as well as the driver.
Uninstall the VPN you Use
It is recommended not to use a VPN and Spotify simultaneously. Because Spotify is not even present in all part of the world and the wrong setup of the VPN can be the culprit causing the error. So to eradicate this cause you need to follow the instructions as given below. There are two different ways to uninstall VPN tools.
Way 1: Utilizing Control Panel
To begin with, at first, open the Run box by utilizing the Windows and the letter R key. And for this, you need to press both the keys at the same time. Then, on the Run bar, type control and click on OK. This will be the process to open the Control Panel window. Then, be sure that the View by section is set to Category. And if not, then, you need to do it by clicking on the downward arrow, which is present beside View by. Then from the available options, click on Category.
Then, from the available options under the Control Panel click on “Programs” and then on “Programs and Features”. This will open up the window, where you will get the list of the installed programs on your computer. Then, from this list, navigate to the VPN tools. And then to uninstall it you need to follow the further steps.
Right-click on the program from the list and then select Uninstall. Now, accept all the conditions to confirm the uninstallation of the program.
Alternatively, you can also perform the Uninstall utilizing the Settings window.
Way 2: Utilizing Settings Window
For this method, at first, you need to take the mouse pointer to the Windows logo, which is present at the extreme bottom left corner. Next, from this just open the menu and select the “Settings” option. After that, from the Settings window, click on Apps. This will open the installed applications list on the screen. From the applications list, search for the tool you have been using as a VPN. Then, click on it and choose the Uninstall option. Also, confirm the uninstallation of such tools by following the same steps.
Also, open the File Explorer window and ensure the absence of such files which you have just uninstalled from the Control Panel or Settings window. To open the File Explorer window you can use the short-cut keys. Press the Windows and the letter E key at the same time to get the File Explorer open. After you eradicate the VPN tools successfully, now also confirm its driver(s) absence from your computer. And for this continue with the steps below.
Uninstall the VPN Tool(s) Drivers
Now, to root out the VPN tool drivers you need to follow these steps.
- First, open the Control Panel window. You can do it by searching control on the Windows search bar, which you will get after pressing the Windows key once. And then, hit the Enter button, to get the Control Panel open.
- Next, set the View by section to Large icons. And for this, at first, you need to click on the downward arrow symbol which is present beside View by. Next, from the available options, click on Large icons to set it.
- After setting the “View by” into Large icons, from the Control Panel window menu, click on Device Manager, to get the window open. Now, under the Device Manager window, scroll down to the Network adapters section, and double-click on it to expand.
- After that, check if the driver is present which you have uninstalled either following the “Utilizing Control Panel” or “Utilizing Settings Window” method. And if it is present, then you need to right-click on it and then select the Uninstall option. Also, confirm the confirmation window.
- Next, restart the computer and check if the error gets resolved.
All these are the list of methods with the help of which most of the users get an effective result in solving Spotify error code 3. Hopefully, after going through this article and applying the methods you will also be able to fix it.