The Skype database error is a general error which is faced very often by the Skype users. Generally, after logging out of the Skype account, if you try to login back to your account, you may receive the notification database error. Here, you need to restart. This is the database problem of Skype. The Skype database keeps a record of all the chat history, group chats, contacts and all other activities which you usually do while working in your Skype account. The Skype database is also known as main.db. When a Skype user encounters the database issue all the activities get deleted by itself. Due to the problem in the Skype database, the database of the computer might also get corrupted. Hence, it is very important to resolve this issue as fast as possible. So, in this article, we are going to provide the best possible ways, to resolve the Skype database error.
Surefire Ways to Resolve Skype database error
Below are some possible fixes to resolve Skype database error:
- Resetting the Skype application.
- Backing up Skype chat history.
- Restoring Skype contacts.
Resetting the Skype application
Follow the steps in order to reset the Skype application.
- Press, the Windows key and the letter “I” simultaneously from the keyboard.
- Then, in the Settings window choose Apps and click Apps settings.
- Now, choose Skype from Apps & feature.
- Next, click on Advanced options and choose Reset.
- Finally, again choose Reset when prompted.
Backing up Skype chat history
Below are the steps to back up the chat history on your Skype account:
- Press the Windows key and the letter “R” from the keyboard.
- Then, in the Run window, type ‘%appdata%\skype’ and press the Enter key from the keyboard.
- After that, open the file with your Skype ID and copy the primary file,
- Now, transfer that file to a safe location.
Restoring Skype contacts
To restore the Skype contacts follow the steps:
- At first, open the website for Skype and log in with your Skype Name and Password.
- Then, choose Contacts from the Toolbar and then go to the option Advanced.
- After that, click on Restore Contacts from the file.
- Next, choose the option Open after restoring the contacts.
Hence, you have restored the Skype contacts.
Thus, follow go through the fixes one by one to resolve the Skype database error easily.