Quickbooks is a renowned and trusted accounting software that is basically created for small and medium-sized business. With unmatched and unique features it helps you to manage all the accounts data and other essential services. With its accounting applications and cloud-based versions, you can easily accept business payments and manage the payroll functions of the employees. Therefore, a simple glitch with this software is not just acceptable. One of the most common errors that users often encounter is QuickBooks error code 80070057. It appears on the screen with a message “the parameter is incorrect”. Generally while opening a company file, this error is noticed. It indicates that a user does not have enough permission to delete files from a particular folder. However, there are various other reasons for this error. Go through this article thoroughly to know the probable reasons and the most effective solutions as well.
Factors Responsible For QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Before eliminating any error code, at first, you have to find the exact cause behind such an error and then troubleshoot it with the best possible solutions. Here are some of the common reasons that might help you to identify the cause.
- QuickBooks can’t read your company file because the company file extension was changed.
- The QuickBooks installation is damaged.
- When the Windows file extension on QuickBooks is wrong type: .qbm, .qbb, .qbx
- If the third party firewall that you are using is not configured for QuickBooks.
- Without having QuickBooks opened, if you are trying to open a portable file
- If you are working on a file which is situated on a USB flash drive.
- At the time of installation of Quickbooks, it detects the damage in your company files.
Easy Methods To Eliminate Error Code 80070057 Quickbooks:
To fix this error, try the simple and easy steps that are given below. This helps you to rectify the error and make the software run without any hassle.
- Verify the company file name extension
- Right-click on the company file.
- Now, Choose properties option and Click the QuickBooks tab.
- In the Filename field, note the file extension and QuickBooks version in the last opened with a file.
- Lastly, click on OK.
Now to change the extension do the following:
- Create a new folder
- Copy the company file and paste it into a new folder.
- Now, right-click on the new folder and select the Rename option
- Change the file extension to .qbm
- Click anywhere, to save changes
- Next, by opening QuickBooks Desktop, restore the Portable
- Rename the extension to .qbb, if you want to restore the Portable
- Open QB desktop and restore the Backup.
- If the file does not open, rename the extension to .qbx
- Finally, Open QB Convert to an Accounting copy.
Now to copy the company file and paste it into another folder in Flash drive apply the following steps:
- With opening QuickBooks Desktop, open the Windows Explorer
- Right-click and select the New Folder by going to the file option
- From the Flash drive, copy the file and then paste it in a new folder.
- Finally, open QuickBooks desktop and open a new folder.
Try to handle a clean installation during uninstall and reinstall of quickbook desktop.
Other useful tips to fix the error:
- If you are trying to open the file using a flash drive, try to copy the file to hard-drive and then open the file. This effectively helps to resolve the error
- During QuickBooks installation, if the error erupts, try to download the program again and then open the file.
- Remember, in old updates QuickBooks does not open. Therefore, check for latest updates, install and the open it.
- Double-click is certainly a no-no to open any Company file. Open all files within the application.
- To allow ports pertaining to QB, try to modify the firewall rules
- To allow QB Desktop communication, configure Bitdefender
All the above solution are effective, hence, you can apply it successfully. In case if you still face any error or confusion, please do post your comments below.