Outlook is an application program that is developed by Microsoft Corporation. You can use this software to send and receive emails. Also, you can use this application to perform more tasks. In addition, this software provides various kinds of services and has many features. Even then you come across certain technical errors.One major issue that you may encounter while using it is the Outlook error 0x800ccc67. This error occurs when the outgoing SMTP server connection cannot be initiated because of wrong Outlook settings, if the download or installation of Outlook is not complete, if the antivirus and firewall application blocks the messages or if the Outlook’s registry files get corrupt somehow.
Solutions To Fix The Outlook Error 0x800ccc67
You can fix the problem of the Outlook error 0x800ccc67 if you follow the points that are present below. Here, there will be detailed instructions on the ways to solve the given error.
Deactivate Security Applications That Interferes With The Outlook Software
You can get this error if the antivirus or software interferes with the Outlook application. The solution to get rid of this problem is to disable the security program while you use it. Then after using the Outlook application re-enable it for protection of the computer.
Correct The Wrong Email Settings
If your email account settings are not correct and includes wrong incoming and outgoing mail server address, allowed SSL features etc, then also you can get this error. Therefore the only solution for you to resolve this issue is to correct the settings of your email account. Put a correct email server address by contacting ISP if possible.
Alter Your Email Port
In order to fix the Outlook error 0x800ccc67 you can apply some changes to the SMTP port. Generally, this port number is by default 25 that can be blocked by the ISP. this outgoing port number is altered to a second port number.
Check If Your System Has Any Virus Or Not
Sometimes because of virus or any malware present in the system, your Outlook application can start to malfunction and for that maybe you cannot send or receive any emails. It is therefore very much necessary for you to check the system fully with good antivirus software as soon as possible.
Use System Restore To Undo The Latest Changes
If the Outlook application displays this error recently then you can resolve it by using the ‘System Restore’ program. In that program, you will have to choose a point of time when the Outlook application was free from error and simply select and restore that point. In order to open ‘System Restore’, follow the steps below.
- First, tap on the ‘Start’ button.
- In the search text area type in ‘System Restore’ and then press Enter.
- A dialog box will show up. You need to open the application tap on the button ‘System Restore’.
- When the computer will ask you to put in the administrator password then in the password text area enter ‘Administrator password’.
- After that follow the instructions given in the dialog box and then ‘choose a point for restoration’.
- At last tap on ‘Restore’.
Install The Outlook Software Again
The last solution to resolve this problem is to uninstall and then reinstall the Outlook application once again. To remove the application, follow the steps below.
- First, in the search text area type ‘Control Panel’ and from the search result select the Control Panel to open the same.
- In that window, navigate to the ‘Programs’ section. Next, inside the dialog box locate the program ‘Microsoft Outlook’ and select it.
- After that, choose the ‘Uninstall’ button. Now, when the un-installation process is over, then you can reinstall the Outlook application.