Norton is one of the most popular antiviruses of this global market. However, despite being a popular one, it is not free from the technical flaws. Thus, you can encounter a Norton won’t uninstall error with your device anytime. If you have already faced the issue and want to know how to resolve it, then you can follow this article till the end. This is because this article contains several guidelines to fix the bug and hopefully, it will help you out. But, before going on to that part, at first, let’s focus on the causes due to which you come across this particular error. After that, you will be walked through the solutions part.
Causes for Norton won’t uninstall error
Due to several causes, you can encounter the error where your Norton won’t uninstall with your device. For instance-
- If you are using a corrupted version of Norton security, then you can encounter this error with your device.
- In some cases, if another third party antivirus maliciously or mistakenly deleted the files for Norton.
After knowing the causes, now, let’s focus on the solutions to fix the same issue with your device.
Fixes for the Norton won’t uninstall Error
Here are some easy fixes, using which, you will be able to get over the nagging Norton 360 won’t uninstall of your device:
Uninstalling Norton 360 from Windows
In order to uninstall the Norton 360 from your device, you have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R key at the same time to launch the run dialogue box.
- In this dialogue box, type “appwiz.cpl” and hit Enter to continue.
- Here you will be able to see a list of installed programs in this active window.
- In the list of installed programs, tap on the Norton 360 (Symantec Corporation). Once done, tap on the option named Remove or Uninstall.
- Once done, tap on the Please remove all user data.
- After performing this step, invoke in the Subscription Period Warning window, in this window, click on the option named “next”.
- Tap on the option restart now. Now, you will be able to remove the antivirus successfully from this device.
If you are using Mac, then continue with the alternative method.
Uninstall it from Mac
You can also uninstall this particular antivirus from the mac, using the steps mentioned below.
In Case Of Mac 7.x Or Later
If you are using Mac 7.x or later then try to follow the steps mentioned below.
- At first, get the Applications folder up and then, double-click on the Norton product.
- Now, locate the menu bar, next to the Apple icon.
- In the menu bar, tap on the Norton Security, after that, click on the Norton Security.
- Once done, choose the Uninstall Norton product.
- Here, you have to open the Norton product window to locate the menu options.
- In the confirmation window of Norton product, tap on the option named Uninstall.
- Now, type your administrative accounts name, password after that, tap on the Install Helper.
- In the uninstaller window, tap on the Restart now.
Once done, you will be able to remove Norton antivirus from your device. If you are using any of the older versions of Norton, then you can follow the next method mentioned below.
In case of older versions
If you are using older versions of Mac, then try to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve the matter on your own.
- In this case, in the applications folder, try to open the Symantec Solutions folder as well as double click on the Symantec Uninstaller.
- Now, in the Uninstall Symantec Products window, make the checkbox be checked against Norton applications that you want to uninstall.
- Click Uninstall.
- Once done, you have to confirm that, you want to delete the particular product.
- In the Authenticate window, provide your administrator account password as well as click on the option named Ok to confirm.
- On the window which displays the list of deleted items, tap on the option which is Close.
- Click Restart.
Once your device completes the reboot process, you will be able to overcome the Norton Security won’t uninstall issue on your own.
Summing It Up
Hopefully, using these methods, you will be able to resolve the matter on your own. In that case, try to follow each and every step provided in this article. It is recommended, not to jump any one of them. In case, if you encounter any kind of errors while performing the steps, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. If you find this article suiting, then you can simply drop a comment in the comment box.