Headquartered in California, Netflix in an incredible American company that offers subscription-based streaming media services. This includes online streaming of a massive library of films as well as television programs. From teenagers and adults to all other age groups, everyone turns to Netflix as the ultimate solution for spending quality leisure time. Although it is a storehouse of a huge collection of the latest movies, films and in-house productions, Netflix does not guarantee a glitch-free entertainment session. In fact, there are several Netflix errors that the users often come across. In this regard, the Netflix error code: M7111-1331-2206 is the most commonly reported issue. It appears when the information in your browser needs an update or refresh. There are several other reasons as well that can give rise to this error code.
In case you are also encountering this problem and do not know how to resolve it, we suggest you keep reading this article. We have discussed some of the easiest solutions as well as the primary causes for your convenience.
What Causes Netflix Error Code: M7111-1331-2206?
Although this particular error code is highly irritating, its occurrence is pretty rare. This makes it all the more difficult to resolve the error. Hence, it is essential to know the instances that can make way for error code: M7111-1331-2206.
- First of all, the presence of outdated data in your browser is the primary source of this error that appears during streaming on Netflix. Also, there can be issues with your bookmarks as well.
- In case Netflix is facing some downtime, you are also likely to come across this error. You will not be able to stream any movies or TV shows on Netflix if the main server is down.
- Netflix relies on several third-party modules like Media Feature Pack for smooth streaming. In case you do not have one of these modules installed on your computer, this error code can appear which reads as follows:
There was an unexpected error. please reload the page and try again. error code: M7111-1331-2206
- At times, the IPv6 adapter can also be responsible for this error. Although this is a rare situation, disabling the IPv6 adapter has fixed the issue for several users.
- Using a proxy for running Netflix that is not available in your geographical location can also lead to this error.
Now that you are well aware of the general causes of this rare Netflix error code, go through the next sections and learn some of the easiest fixes to resolve the issue.
Prerequisites Before Troubleshooting Error Code: M7111-1331-2206
Before you try the fixes by yourself, make sure you have the following essentials at hand:
- You need an active internet connection without any proxy.
- In case you are using the internet of any organization, you need to have full access to it. Often, certain organizations either limit internet access or block several sites. So, make it a point that you have uninterrupted internet access before attempting to resolve the error at the earliest.
Excellent Solutions To Fix Netflix Error Code: M7111-1331-2206
There is more than one way to resolve error M7111-1331-2206 in no time. For your convenience, we have provided the most easy-to-apply methods in this section. All you need to do is follow the processes correctly and make sure not to skip any step.
Fix 1: Clear Browser Data
Also considered the official solution by Netflix, clearing your browser data might resolve the error in one go. What happens is that the piled up information in the browser conflicts with Netflix. Before clearing the browser data, access Netflix by using an Incognito tab. This is because Incognito works independently of the browsing data. So, if you are able to access Netflix using Incognito, then the issue surely lies with the browser data and hence, clearing it should work. Follow the given steps for doing that:
- First of all, type ‘chrome://settings’ in the address bar of Chrome and press Enter.
- Go to the bottom of the page that opens and over there, click on ‘Advanced.’
- In the Advanced tab, you need to click on ‘Clear browsing data.’
- Make sure that you have enabled all the checks in the new popup that appears and also, set the time range to ‘All time.’
- Finally, select ‘Clear Data’ in order to release all the browser data and then, restart the computer. Try accessing Netflix again and see if error m7111-1331-22 has resolved or not.
In case this method didn’t work for you, try applying the next alternative.
Fix 2: Turn Off Proxy And Install Media Feature Pack
Although Netflix can be accessed easily, it still has some restrictions on the geographical location. Based on the location, it allows only a few programs to be watched. These restrictions depend on the copyrights of the TV shows and movies. In order to get past this issue, one can make use of third-party modules. In this regard, Media Feature Pack is particularly useful for Windows N versions.
But before installing Media Feature Pack, you need to disable the proxy and then try accessing Netflix with your browser. Now, if you are using Windows, you should know that it comes without any media player capabilities. Therefore, you need to download the Media Feature Pack in order to get the media player functions. After the installation is complete, just restart your computer and try accessing Netflix.
In case the error code: M7111-1331-2206 continues to appear, go for the next method.
Fix 3: Check Server Status
If the problem lies with the Netflix server itself, then none of the above-mentioned steps will work. For verifying whether the issue really is with the server, try accessing your Netflix account using another device. If the Netflix error code: M7111-1331-2206 appears in this case too, then the servers are possibly experiencing a downtime. Wait for a while or try again later.
The solutions given in this article are expert-approved and quite straightforward to apply. If you follow and implement all the steps correctly, then resolving this Netflix error should not be a difficult task for you anymore.