Using a Linksys router frequently generates many technical difficulties. The problem with Linksys Error 2118 is the one that Linksys users face very often. This error is an indication of a configuration error. The error 2118 usually occurs when you try to configure a Linksys Router after buying it. This error can happen for various reasons, such as, when you do not update the firmware you can see this error on your screen. Sometimes, if the internet connection is not working properly, even then this error may appear on your screen. Moreover, if the routers are not set perfectly, the router settings and accounts are stopped on the settings page are responsible for this error. Whatever the cause of this error, you don’t need to worry because you can easily troubleshoot the Linksys 2118 router error by following some solving steps. Read the entire article thoroughly and here are some of the simplest ways to fix problems:
Different procedures to Fix Linksys error 2118
Some Linksys users have reported that while using their devices they can see this error on their screen and after that, they cannot work on anything with it. If you are one of them, then you can also solve this issue as soon as possible. You can fix this error by resetting the router to its factory defaults. After resetting the router if you see this error once again, then do not panic. We are going to share many other procedures to resolve the Linksys problem. Check the section given below:
Procedure 1 – Check the internet connection
At first, check the internet connection which is properly connected or not. Sometimes, if the connectivity is alarmingly faint, then you may face this problem. To do that, glance below:
- Verify the cable should be correctly connected to the PC. If it is not connected properly, then disconnect all the cables and again connect it.
- Once attach your PC directly to your modem to verify the internet connection.
Procedure 2 – Check the IPV6 Settings
Another procedure you can try to resolve this issue is this. So, follow the undermentioned points:
- Firstly, you need to go to ‘Linksys Cloud Account’
- When the Linksys Cloud Account window opens, navigate to the ‘Router Settings’ section.
- In the Router Settings section, tap on the ‘Connectivity’ tab.
- Tap on the ‘Internet Settings’ from the Connectivity tab.
- When the Internet Settings tab opens, you will find the IPV6 and click the Disable option to turn off the ‘IPv6’.
- Once it is done, restart the router and then, check if the router works properly without any issue.
Procedure 3 – Update the WLAN Card Driver
If your machine can detect the main Wi-Fi but cannot attach to it or has restricted access, then the drivers are not performing perfectly. The recommendation is to update the WLAN card drivers. How you can do that, check the undermentioned section:
- Firstly, tap on the Windows Home button + R key to lunch the Run dialog box.
- In the Run box, write devmgmt.msc and then hit the Enter button or click on the OK option. For the confirmation, if you see any administrator password, then write the password and then click on the Allow option.
- When the Device Manager window opens, go to the Network Adapters devices section.
- In the Network Adapters devices section, scroll down the page and you will find the Wireless/Wi-Fi device. Right-click on it to open the list and choose the option ‘Update Driver Software’.
- Select the ‘Scan Automatically for Updated driver software’ option. Now the scan will start to find the update which is available or not.
- Once you find, click on the Update option. Now, your system will start to update process of your WLAN driver.
- Once it completes, reboot your system and then check whether the problem has been resolved.
Procedure 4 – Update the firmware
After trying these above-mentioned procedures if the problem is still there then you can follow this procedure to solve this issue. Update the device firmware. Depending on the type of device and how the factory designs the firmware update process, it can be simple or complex.
For Linksys wireless router, all you have to do is run the web interface in your preferred web browser. Then go to the firmware settings, determine the location of the new firmware, and start the update process. Once the update process is done, restart your system and then, check whether the Linksys router works perfectly without any error.
Procedure 5 – Uninstall the antivirus
Another procedure you can also apply on your system to resolve this issue. Check the section below where you can see the steps how to do that:
- Firstly, press the Windows Home key along with the “I” key to open the Settings window. Alternatively, go to the Search box, type Settings and then hit the Enter key.
- When the Settings window opens, go to the Apps and Features section.
- In the Apps and Features tab, scroll down the page, you will find the Antivirus software and click on it. Select the Uninstall option.
- After completing the uninstall process, reboot your system and then check whether the problem has been resolved.
Procedure 6 – Change your router encryption from WPA2 Personal to WPA – PSK
In order to fix this issue, you have to try this procedure on your system.
- In the beginning, you have to open the Web browser and go to the Linksys official web site to open the Login page.
- Put the username and password in the Login page. You have a Linksys model, so both the default username and password are Admin.
- Then tap on the “Wireless” section, and then click on the Wireless Security option.
- Next, go to the Security Mode menu and choose a security mode. Pick (Manual) WPA/WPA2/Mixed and change the settings. Then, open the Wi-Fi on your computer and check whether the Linksys router works properly without any issue.
In the above section, we have discussed some easier procedure that can help you to troubleshoot the Linksys Error 2118 on your system. Follow these procedures conforming to the steps one by one and apply them on your system to fix this issue.