iPhone 6 Safari crashing, is one of the most common errors which you can encounter while using this application, in the Safari browser. Well, due to several reasons, you can encounter this error with Safari. But, the most common reason behind this error is the corrupted downloaded files associated with the Safari browser. Well, if you have already faced the same error and want to resolve it in a quick note, the, you are in the perfect page. This article consists of more than one hacks, as well as, the causes behind this error. So, try to follow it till the end.
Causes for iPhone 6 Safari Crashing
Due to several reasons, you can encounter this error with your device. They are listed below.
- If you have installed a corrupted version of the Safari browser, then you can encounter this error on your device.
- You can also encounter this typical issue due to several features of Safari such as Autofill and syncing.
After knowing the causes, now, let’s focus on the solutions to fix this particular bug on your own.
Solutions to fix iPhone 6 Safari Crashing
Here are some expert provided methods, using which you will be able to resolve this matter on your own.
Method 1: Restart the iPhone
In case, if you notice that, Safari is crashing regularly, then your first step is to restart your device. Your iPhone should be restarted, as well as reset the memory, clear temporary files, and in general, this helps to restore things to a cleaner state. To perform the restart process, do the following:
- At first, tap the hold button which is generally situated on the right side of the iPhone.
- Now, you will be able to see the Slide to Power Off slider appears, then you have to move it from the left to the right one.
- Once done, you have to shut down your iPhone.
- If you noticed that the phone is off, then you have to press the hold button again.
- Once you notice that the Apple logo appears, then you have to release this button, as well as, you have to wait until the phone completes the setup process.
- When your iPhone completes the restart process, then all you have to do is to visit the website that crashed Safari, if this error persists, then try to follow the next method mentioned below.
Method 2: Clear the Safari Cache and History
In case, if you noticed that the previous method won’t work, then all you have to do is clear the browsing data which is stored in your iPhone. It includes the browsing history as well as cookies which are stored in your iPhone. In order to clear this data, you have to try out these steps.
- At first click on the Settings.
- Once done, you have to choose Safari.
- Now, you have to select Clear History and Website Data.
- On the menu which pops up from the bottom of the screen, then you have to clear the history and data by tapping on it.
Once done, try to check the status of the iPhone 6 Safari crashes error. If it persists, then try to follow the next method mentioned below.
Method 3: Disable AutoFill
In case, if you notice that the Safari browser present in your iPhone 6 is still crashing, then turning off the autofill can resolve the issue on your own. As autofill takes all of the contact information from your address book, as well as, adds from the website. So, you don’t have to type your email address next time. In order to close the Autofill, you have to try out these steps.
- At first, Click on the Settings.
- Once done, click on the Safari.
- Place a click on AutoFill.
- Now, you have to move the Use Contact Info slider to off/white.
- Once done, make the Names and Passwords slider to off/white.
- Make the Credit Cards slider to off/white.
After that you have to check the status of the error by visiting the site. If it still persists, then try out these steps.
Method 4: Disable iCloud Safari Syncing
If you noticed that the previous hacks won’t be able to resolve this particular matter, then it can happen that you are facing this error due to your iPhone itself. You can also encounter this error due to the iCloud also. Using iCloud you can sync your Safari bookmarks between all Apple device. Though it is a useful application it can cause Safari crash as well. In order to turn off the iCloud Safari Syncing, you have to follow these steps.
- At first, go to the Settings button.
- Once done, choose your name which is situated at the top of the screen. (on older versions of the iOS, tap iCloud).
- Once done, select the iCloud option.
- Now, you have to move your slider from Off to white.
- When the menu pops up, then you have to select what to do with all previously synced Safari data, in that case, either you have to keep it in the on My iPhone or you have to delete it from the My iPhone.
- At first, go to the settings and locate the Safari.
- Click on Safari.
- Once done, choose the Advanced.
If you become able to overcome this particular issue, then all you have to do is to focus on the alternative method.
Method 6: Disable Safari Suggestions
Safari contains a feature which suggests websites to its user, due to this feature you can encounter this frustrating error with your device. In that case, you have to disable it. This bug can be fixed in more recent versions of the iOS, but in case, if you are using older versions, you have to follow these methods.
- At first, click on the Settings option.
- Now, locate the Safari option, as well as, click on it.
- Once done, move the Safari Suggestions slider to off/white.
After turning it off, try to visit the site due to which you are getting this error. You will be able to resolve the matter.
In this way, you will be able to resolve this matter without any hassle.
In this knowledge-based article, experts have provided a step by step guide using which you will be able to troubleshoot iPhone 6 Safari crashing error on your device. Try to follow each and every step carefully. It is recommended not to skip any steps. If you encounter any kind of glitches while performing these steps, then you can leave a comment below.