The iOS 10 Voicemail Transcription not working issue, can mostly occur if you change the mobile carrier. Some mobile carrier companies do not support the voicemail or the visual voicemail feature that is present on the iPhone. When you update your iPhone to the latest iOS version, then you can also encounter this problem. This article will provide you with solutions to rectify this problem correctly.
Causes behind the iOS 10 Voicemail Transcription not Working Issue
This section will provide you with various reasons behind the occurrence of this problem in the first place.
- Due to the weak or no cellular connectivity, you might encounter this error.
- Also, if the settings of voicemail are not proper, then this problem can crop up.
- If the Airplane mode is on, then also you can face this problem.
- Sometimes, if the carrier settings are not fully updated, then you can confront with this glitch.
Next section of this article will provide you with the solutions to resolve this problem.
Simple Solutions to Correct this Issue
In this section, you will get various steps that can help you to resolve the problem iOS 10 Voicemail not working in the easiest and quickest way possible.
Restart your iPhone
The first and foremost thing to solve this problem is to simply reboot the iPhone. In order to do so, follow the steps underneath.
- Press on the ‘Power’ and the ‘Volume Down’ button together until you see the logo of Apple.
- There is a different process for older iPhones. For that, you will have to tap and hold the ‘Power’ button and the physical ‘Home’ simultaneously until the Apple logo comes up.
- You can also just turn off and then on the device. To do that, follow the sub-steps below:
- Press and hold the ‘Power’ button of the device until you see the message on the screen that says ‘Slide to Power off’.
- When you see the above message, then swipe the toggle switch from right to left over that message to switch off the iPhone.
- Once that device is switched off, wait for about a minute and again tap and hold the ‘Power’ button until you see the Apple’ logo.
Update the Settings of Mobile Carrier
If the cellular network that you use has updated its settings recently, but you have not done it, then this issue can occur because of this. Thus, the solution to solve this error is to update the settings of your mobile carrier. Follow, the below steps to solve this problem.
- First, locate and choose the ‘Settings’ application.
- After that, on the page that comes up, select the option ‘General’.
- In the new page ‘General’ that shows up, select the option ‘About’.
- If an update is available, then you will get a message saying ‘Carrier Settings Update New settings are available. Would you like to update them now? Choose the button Update’.
- Once the settings of your mobile carrier are updated, go to the Voicemail and inspect if it is working or not.
Examine the Setup of the Voicemail
Due to iOS update, the Voicemail settings can get altered on the iPhone. Thus, you might encounter iOS 10 Voicemail Transcription not working error. Now, the best solution that will fix this error is to check the settings of the voicemail. Follow the steps beneath in order to do that.
- First, tap on the Phone application and launch it. After that, within that application choose the option Voicemail.
- Now, in the window with a similar name as that of the option, click on Set Up Now.
- Next, make a new password for the Voicemail. Once you provide the password, hit the link ‘Done’. This confirms your new Voicemail password.
- You can then make a Greeting message for your caller. One is the Default and the other is Custom.
- When you have set the Greeting message just tap on the Save option.
Switch on and off the Airplane Mode
If you face this issue, then the easiest solution to resolve it is to simply turn on and off the Airplane mode. In order to do that, follow the steps underneath.
- First, find and then choose the application ‘Settings’.
- Then, scroll down and locate the option ‘Airplane Mode’. At first, toggle the switch to the ‘on’ position and after some time, turn off the switch.
- Now, go to the ‘Voicemail’ within the ‘Phone’ application and see if this problem resurfaces or not.
Setup the Network Settings Again
If the iOS 10 Voicemail Transcription not working issue is not resolved even after following all the above steps carefully, then the last solution that you have is set the Network Settings of your iPhone. Here are the steps to do it.
- First, find the ‘Settings’ application.
- Then, choose the ‘General’ option from the ‘Settings’ page.
- From the new page that has a similar name as the option in the previous step, select the option ‘Reset’.
- At last, within the next page that has the same name, select the link ‘Reset Network Settings’.
- Now, wait for the network settings to go back to the factory settings. Then, examine the voicemail and see if it works as it should or not.
Wrap up Note
The points in the above section will certainly help you in rectifying the iOS 10 voicemail transcription not working issue. If, even after following each and every step you are not able to solve this problem, then provide your query on the comment section below.