HP printer is one of the popular scanning devices to generate a graceful output. Moreover, its vibrant colorful images with the high quality make the softcopies more likable. Besides its extensible features, you may face the HP scanner error due to software or hardware problem. Therefore, you may see some of the unexpected error messages with different codes. As a result, you get stuck with the HP scanning issue and the scanner process starts to lag. After a certain time, it deteriorates and the printer offline issue occurs. However, we are going to describe the HP scanning issues with possible reasons and effective solutions that will be beneficial to fix this annoying issue.
Facing the HP Scanner Issue?- Major Symptoms
Here, we are going to discuss some of the possible symptoms that will help you to identify the HP scanner error at the very first stage. As a result, you can protect your HP scanning device from further harmful effects.
- Communication problem between the HP scanner and the PC can often cause the “HP scanner is Offline” issue.
- Sometimes, you can see that your device won’t recognize the HP printer and shows “Printer is Currently Unavailable”.
- When you are ready to take a printout via your HP scanner, you can see “Scan Unsuccessful-Scanner not found”. It can be seen in another way like “Scanner Unreachable-The Scanner could not be initialized”
- Again, the HP scanner error occurs while you try to communicate with the HP imaging device and it fails to detect your device. Therefore, it will display the unexpected error message, “Windows Image Acquisition Error”.
Significant Reasons behind HP Scanner Error
There are some significant reasons which are responsible for the HP Scanner error. Therefore, you see various error codes and your device starts to lag. However, we are going to discuss some of the major reasons that cause this kind of annoying issue.
- Faulty cables won’t be able to create a connection between the HP scanner and your device. Again, if the USB port of the PC is damaged, then it fails to connect the HP scanner.
- Sluggish network connection creates a problem to create a smooth interface in case of the wireless printer. As a result, the HP Scanner error prevents the scanning operation.
- Corruption of the HP printer software is another significant reason behind this annoying scanning problem.
- Incomplete installation of the HP printer driver software or faulty driver can be responsible to make this major printer error effectively.
- Windows Image Acquisition error is another important but critical reason behind the HP scanner error. Somehow, the corrupted WIA files prevent the connection between the HP scanner and the device.
How to Fix HP Scanner Error with Simple Ways
There are several ways that you can use to overcome the HP scanner error technically. Moreover, it helps to improve the HP scanner performance as well as speed up the device. So, you might try out the steps below to fix this critical issue and keep your device trouble-free for a long time.
Reboot the HP Scanner
- Turn off the HP scanner and shut down the system which you are using, to connect the printer device.
- Switch on the printer and turn on the PC in Normal mode.
- Open the HP Printer Assistant page by tapping on the appeared HP printer menu on the screen.
- Now, modify the settings in the HP Printer Assistant as per your convenient.
- When done, restart the system and check whether the HP scanner can scan the copy or not.
Check USB Connection
If you are a user of a wired network, then check whether the cable is defective or not. If any problem is found in cables or wires which are used to connect the HP scanner, then try to replace it as soon as possible.
Moreover, USB port damage causes the HP scanner error very often. Therefore, you need to repair it as soon as possible.
Resolve Wireless Connection Issue
If you want to use the router device to create a smooth internet connection, then verify the signal. If the WiFi signal is dropping on a frequent basis or in toggling condition, then follow the steps below.
- Right-click on the WiFi signal and choose ‘Network & Sharing center’.
- Select Change Adapter settings from the left pane of the resultant window.
- Choose the WiFi connection which you are using and right-click on it.
- Go to the Properties window and place a tick on the TCP/IPV4 and TCP/IPV6 checkboxes.
- Now, hit the OK button and apply the new changes.
- Once done, reboot the computer and connect the HP scanner to check whether it can generate the softcopies or not.
If you still face the network connection issue and the WiFi shows a poor signal, then you need to contact your ISP for a technical fix.
Uninstall and Reinstall Printer Driver Package
- Click on the Start button and launch the Start menu.
- Type “print management” in the search box and hit the Enter key to open the Printer Properties page.
- Choose the ‘All Printers’ folder from the Printer Management window.
- Right-click on the printer name which you want to remove and click on Delete option from the pop-up menu.
- After that, go to the left pane of the same window and choose ‘All Drivers’ folder from the lists.
- Again, right-click on the unwanted printer driver name and choose the option Remove HP Driver Package from the drop-down menu. It will take a few minutes to uninstall the entire printer driver. When done, reboot the device and try to re-install the HP scanner driver with the latest version.
- Now, go to the official website and click on the HP driver download link.
- Save the downloaded file on the desktop and open that new folder by double-tapping on it.
- Click on the ‘HP driver installation’ file and run it successfully. Wait until the process is finished.
- When done, close the window and check whether the HP scanner issue is resolved or not.
Reset the HP Printer
- Right-click on the blank space of the Printer window and click on the Reset Printing System.
- Tap the Reset button from the confirmation window.
- Enter the Admin name and correct passcode. Now, hit the Enter button to confirm.
- It will take several times to reset and it doesn’t display any printer on the screen.
- Try to install the HP driver with the latest version and click on the ‘Printers and Fax’ option.
- Expand the menu by tapping the + button and choose the Add Printer option.
- Enter the HP Scanner model number and click on the OK button to confirm the reset process.
- When done, try to reboot the HP scanner and the device which you have connected with the printer.
Uninstall HP Printer Software and Reinstall it
- Type “control” in the search box and press the Enter key to open the Control Panel window.
- Click on the ‘Programs & Features’ option from the several options from the Control Panel window.
- Choose Uninstall a program from the list and it will represent another window with the installed applications on the system.
- Choose the Printer Software and other associated programs with this software. Right-click on them.
- Choose the Uninstall option from the pop-up menu and confirm it by tapping on the YES button.
- It will take a few seconds to complete the uninstallation process. Download the printer with the latest version from the official link.
- Now, open the Device Manager window by typing the “devicemngr” in the search box.
- Now, expand the ‘Printers and Drives’ option.
- Choose the ‘Add a printer’ option.
- Enter the HP scanner name and click on the Continue to confirm the device name.
- Close the window and try to scan.
Verify Windows Image Acquisition Settings
- In Windows device, type “view local services” in the search box and hit the Enter key to launch the window.
- Scroll down the list of the resultant window until you get the option Windows Image Acquisition(WIA).
- Check the start-up value as well as its status. If it shows that the WIA is in running mode and startup value is Automatic, then it is fine. Otherwise, right-click on that WIA and choose Properties from the pop-up menu. Next, make the status as well as the startup type as Running and Automatic respectively.
- If the Start button under the General tab is displayed as inactive, then click on the Service menu tab.
- Make sure that both the Hardware detection and Process launchers such as Remote Procedure Call, Shell Hardware Detection, RPC Endpoint Mapper, and DCOM Server Process Launcher are set as Automatic.
- Finally, start the Windows Image Acquisition program and check whether the HP scanner issue is fixed or not.
In the above article, we have discussed the HP scanner error with significant reasons. Moreover, we have also described possible symptoms when it occurs. After that, we have recommended some of the effective solutions that will help to overcome this annoying issue effectively. Moreover, those steps will help you to enhance the performance level of the HP scanner without any hassle. So, we hope this content will play a crucial role to resolve the HP scanner issues as well as improve the printing quality.