HP manufactures the best quality of the printers in the market. But every printer has some flaws.
After using the printer for a very long time, the printer might stop working properly. This is generally due to connectivity issues. Also, if the printer is configured in an improper manner. then the printer won’t print. If you have not updated the drivers, then also you face this problem. So, here, we are going how to resolve the HP printer not printing issue.
Reasons Behind HP Printer Not Printing
There are various reasons why the HP printers won’t print, such as:
- Due to some connectivity issues.
- Configuration issues.
- Outdated drivers.
- Paper jams.
- Ink and tonner related issues.
Brilliant Methods To Fix HP Printer Not Printing
If the HP printer suddenly stops printing, then you can fix the problem in the following ways:
- By checking the status of the printer.
- Dismissing the print jobs of the printer.
- Updating the printer driver.
We will discuss each method in the following sections.
By Checking The Status Of The Printer
Sometimes, if the status of the printer is not correct, then the printer would not give any printouts. So, check the status of the printer in the following manner:
- Verify whether there are plenty of sheets in the paper tray. Sometimes, if there is no paper in the tray, then the printer won’t print. Also, check whether the paths are jammed or clogged.
- Also, check whether the toner of the printer is empty or not. If the toner is empty, then you need to refill it.
By Dismissing All The Print Jobs
Sometimes, it happens that if you are taking too many printouts of the documents, then they might get stuck. In that case, dismiss all the print jobs.
- Press the ‘Windows’ logo key and ‘R’ from the keyboard.
- Now, type ‘control’ in the Run box.
- Then, look for ‘HP printer’ from the list of options.
- Right-click on the ‘HP printer’ option.
- Now, click on ‘See what’s printing’ from the list of options.
- Then, select the ‘Printer’ tab from the next list.
- Select ‘Cancel all Documents.’
In this way, you can cancel or dismiss all the queued-up print jobs.
Updating The Printer Drivers
If you have not updated the driver of your printer, then the device will stop printing. You can update the driver of the printer either manually or automatically.
- Open the ‘printer management’.
- Then, select the ‘Printer Servers’ option on the left column of the ‘printer management’ window.
- Next, select ‘Applicable printer server’ and then select ‘Printer’.
- In the middle column, right-click on the driver of the printer which you want to update.
So, in this way, you can update the driver of the printer to resolve the printing issue.
If, after following the above-mentioned steps, the problem is not fixed, then follow the next few steps:
- Check the cartridge of the printer.
- Restore the factory settings of the printer.
- Clean the print head of the printer.
Check The Cartridge Of The Printer
If there is no ink in the cartridge, then the printer would not print anything. Therefore, refill the cartridge. Also, if the cartridge of the printer is damaged, then this problem occurs. If you are using a non-HP printer cartridge, then this problem arises. So, to resolve the issue, you have to use the genuine HP cartridges on the printer.
Restore The Factory Settings Of The Printer
In some cases, restoring the factory settings of the printer resolves the issue.
- First, switch off the printer and plug-off the power chord.
- After one-minute, plug-in the chord.
- Then, press the Resume key for 10-20 seconds.
- Once the attention light glows, the factory settings will be restored.
If the issue is not resolved, then try this alternative way:
- Plug-off the power chord.
- After 1 minute, plug the chord in.
- Switch on the printer.
- Now, place your fingers on the initialization bar on the touchscreen.
- Wait till the initialization happens.
- After the resetting, check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Clean The Printheads Of The HP Printer
If the print head of the printer gets clogged due to dry ink, then this problem occurs. So, to resolve it, we have to clean the print head in this way:
- First of all, turn off the printer and remove the power chord.
- Then, open the lid of the printer.
- After opening the lid, wait for sometime and then remove the cartridge.
- Then, remove the print head.
- Lift up the bridge on the print head.
- Then, wash it with water to remove the ink.
- Dry it and attach the power chord.
- Now, turn on the printer and check whether the problem is resolved.
This will eventually resolve the printing issue. If you face any other problem with the HP printer, then you can place your queries in the comment section. We will be happy to help you.