Error code 0xC1900200 is one of the general problems which are encountered by Windows users. This error can be caused by the bugs in Windows system files. This files can be a real threat to the performance of the computer. An incomplete installation and outdated drivers can also cause the Windows 10 update error code error 0xC1900200 on the system. It can also occur if your computer is being infected by viruses or malware. Most of the users have complained that when they are trying to update their system and find this error message on their system, they cannot complete the update process. Are you one of them?
Then, read this article carefully. Here, you will get to know the various solutions to eliminate this particular error on the device.
Know the Possible Solutions to Troubleshoot Error Code 0xC1900200
Sometimes, rebooting your system can help you resolve the Windows 10 error code 0xC1900200 on your system that you have encountered. So, at first, you can simply reboot your system. Once it is done, then try to update your system and check if the error code 0xC1900200 is there or not. If Yes, then you need to follow the below mentioned solutions, that can help you to get rid of this error from the system.
Solution 1 – Resetting the Windows Update Components
When you see this error message on the system, you can reset the Windows update components properly. To complete this solution, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click the Start button to open the list. Right click on the cmd. Select the Run as Administrator option. Alternatively, press the Windows key + X key to open the Menu list. Select the Command Prompt(Admin) option.
- When the Command Prompt window opens, write the following commands ‘net stop wuauserv’, ‘net stop cryptSvc’, ‘net stop bits’ and ‘net stop msiserver’. After that press the Enter button after typing each command.
- Once it is finished, then you have to rename the SoftwareDistribution folder and the Catroot2 folder in order to force Windows Update to reinitiate its components. So, what you need to do, again open the Command Prompt window, and write two following commands and then press the Enter button after typing each one.
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
- Once it completes, now you have to start the services again. So what you need to do, again open the Command Prompt, type the following commands and press the Enter button after typing each Command.
The first command is net start wuauserv
The second command is net start cryptSvc
Then, you can try with the command net start bits
Lastly, type in the command net start msiserver
- Once it is executed, reboot your system and check whether the Windows update works properly without any error.
Solution 2 – Run the Troubleshooter
This is one of the most effective solutions that can help you to fix the Windows 10 update error code 0xc1900200 on the PC. Follow the directions:
- Press the Windows Home button + X key to launch the menu list. Choose the Settings. Alternatively, press the Win + R keys to open the Run box, write Settings and then press the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- Navigate to the Update and Security section from the Settings window.
- In that section, click on the Troubleshoot tab in the left side Panel, select it.
- Next, scroll down the page and locate the Windows Update section.
- Click on the Run the troubleshooter option.
- Once it is completed, restart your system and then try to update your system and see if the problem is fixed or not.
Solution 3 – Update the Drivers
This is an alternative solution, can also overcome the error code 0xC1900200 on your system is that by updating the Drivers. So, first check whether the drivers are updated or not. Below we have shared the instructions to complete this solution.
- At first, click on the Start button to open the menu list. Choose the Device Manager. Alternatively, Press the Windows Button along with the S key to open the Search box, type Device Manager and hit the Enter button.
- In the Device Manager window, scroll down the page and find the Driver, right click on it.
- Select the Update option. Now you will find the update process has started.
- Once the update process finishes, restart your PC and then try to update your system.
Solution 4 – Whitelist the Windows Update Servers
When your system is placed to block Microsoft’s update servers then you can not able to update your system. Follow the steps given below:
- Press the WinHome button + X key to launch the Menu list. Choose the Control Panel. Alternatively, type the Control Panel in the Search Panel box and press the Enter button.
- In the Control Panel window, locate the Internet Options, double click on it.
- In the Internet options window, move the cursor to the Security tab which is present in the upper menu.
- Choose the Trusted Sites option from the Security section, and click on the Sites option.
- Unmark the Require server verification for all sites in this zone feature. Now, you will see a box there that says Add this website to the zone. Type the website: http://update.microsoft.com and http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
- After tying this, click on the Add option.
- Click on the OK option to save the changes.
Solution 5 – By Using the DISM tool
By using the DISM tool, you can easily resolve the error code 0xC1900200 on the PC. To do so follow the under mentioned instructions:
- From the keyboard by pressing the Windows Home button + X key to launch the menu list, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option. Alternatively, press the Windows Home button and S key to open the Search Panel, type cmd and then right click on the search result. Choose the Run as administrator option from that menu list.
- When the Command Prompt window opens, type ‘DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth’ and then, press the Enter button.
- Once the command is executed, reboot your system.
Solution 6 – Increase the size of the System Partition
The system partition is the disk space stored during the file transfer installation. In some cases, the system partition can be filled with old files, but updates cannot be cleaned because there are not sufficient system guarantees. To so so:
- Hold the Windows Home button and the same time press the R key to launch the Run box.
- Write diskmgmt.msc and then press the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- Then go to the C:\ Drive and look for the Partition Map.
- In the Partition Map, you will find the first partition will be a 100MB Partition, right-click on it and select to change the Drive Letters and Paths (Click on the Add and select the Y:)
- Once it is done, click on the Start button and right click on the cmd and select the Run as Administrator option.
- In the Command Prompt window, type Y: and then press the Enter button.
- Next, then write icacls. /grant administrators:F /t <see note below>
attrib -h -s -r bootmgr command then press the Enter button from your keyboard. For the icacls command, you can use your username which you can find out by writing the ‘whoami’ in the Command Prompt window.
- Once this is ended, hold the Windows key and press and open the Y: Drive, make sure the reserved folders and files are set to display. Open the Boot folder, and delete all languages other than en-US, you can use the SHIFT + DELETE button on your keyboard to removing it from the recycle bin application.
- Now, in the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk Y: /F /X /sdcleanup /L:5000 and then press the Enter button.
- Once it completes, restart your system and then try to update the Windows 10 system.
Solution 7 – Update the BIOS
By updating the BIOS, you can also get rid of the error code 0xC1900200 on your device. To do that:
- Type the System Information in the Search Panel and then hit the Enter button. Alternatively, press together the Win + R keys to launch the Run box, type msinfo and then hit the Enter or click on the OK button.
- In the System Information window, you will find the BIOS file, right click on it.
- Select the Update option. Now you can see the update process has started.
- Once it finishes, reboot your PC and then check if the error persists or not.
We hope this article will definitely help you to fix the error code 0xC1900200 on your system. After performing all these solutions you can easily get rid of this error code from your PC. in case if you face any problem then you can take expert help for better assistance.