Generally, when the error code 0xa00f4271 occurs in your device, the mobile device users encounter many difficulties. This error is very common, especially among the Windows 10 users. However, the good news is that you can resolve it with the help of some of the effective methods which you can learn from here. In this article, you will get complete guidance regarding the error 0xa00f4271. So, without further research, you can rely on this article.
Nowadays, an inbuilt camera installed laptops are huge in demand. However, if you have recently installed a Windows update, then you may be the victim of the error 0xa00f4271. If this is the case, do not afraid, you can fix it simply with the methods as explained below. So, check further to know the solutions in details.
What is the Error 0xa00f4271?
Code 0xa00f4271 indicates a webcam error. It will make you feel disturbed during a video call. Sometimes, you might see that the camera works and sometimes not. For this, you need to fix the error at first, before you are going to begin an important video call. Nowadays, many of the job interviewers are also being conducted via the video calling facility. So, it is better to begin with the methods as soon as possible, when you are stuck with the error code 0xa00f4271.
What Causes Windows 10 Camera Error Code 0xa00f4271?
Most of the users who have upgraded their PCs to Creators Update are the most common victims of the error 0xa00f4271. According to the Windows users who have stuck with it, these below are the identified reasons.
- Outdated camera driver
- Problems with the inbuilt camera software
- Third-party antivirus conflict
No matter whatever be the cause, you can try all these below methods one-by-one.
Exclusive Methods to Solve Error Code 0xa00f4271:
Are you searching for the complete methods to solve error 0xa00f4271? Then these below are the methods which you can try. After the application of these below methods, many of the users get a positive result regarding the issue.
Method 1: Reset the Webcam Application
This is the first method which you can proceed with to solve the error code 0xa00f4271. The steps to allow for this method are as follows:
- First of all, you need to launch the Settings window. For this, take the mouse pointer on the Windows icon at first and then, right-click on it. After that, from the available options, click on Settings.
- Then, from the available options under the Settings window, click on “Apps & features”.
- Now, search for the Camera option from the right-hand side panel, under which you will get a link named “Advanced options” click on it to continue.
- After that, from this Advanced options pop-up window, click on the “Reset” button. Then, wait until the camera resetting process is done successfully. As it is over, now restart your device so that this method effects completely.
Now, try to use your computer inbuilt camera to check if the error gets resolved. In case, if still, the error persists, then try this below method.
Method 2: Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshoot
After resetting the Webcam application, if the error is still present on your device, then after running the troubleshoot on Windows Store Apps, you might be able to get the error fixed. So, try these below steps.
- At first, using both the Windows and the letter I key at the same time open the Settings window.
- After that, from all these available options, click on “Update & Security” option.
- Next, click on the Troubleshoot” option from the left-hand panel.
- Then, scroll down the right-hand side window until you find a section as “Windows Store Apps”. After you get it, hit on it.
- Next, continue with the onscreen instructions to fix the search result issues.
- Lastly, restart your computer and check if the error is resolved.
In the case, if you still facing the same problems and not able to start your important video call, then proceed with these further methods.
Method 3: Upgrade Webcam Drivers to Fix Error Code 0xa00f4271
This is one of the effective methods with the help of which you can fix the glitch 0xa00f4271. So, if after trying all these above two methods the error exists, then you can continue with these below steps.
- To begin with, firstly activate the Run bar window. For this, press both the Windows and the letter R key at the same time.
- Then, on the Run bar, type “devmgmt.msc”, without using quotations.
- After that, click on OK or hit the Enter button to get the Device Manager window open.
- Next, under the Device Manager window, search for the “Imaging devices” section by scrolling down the window. After you get it, click twice on it to expand.
- Now, from this expanding options, right-click on the inbuilt webcam and select on Uninstall. If this opens a confirmation window, select the positive answer to it.
- Then, it is better to restart your device before following the further steps as below.
- Next, as the computer turns on and the internet gets connected to it, open a working browser.
- To check if the internet works properly, at first, search anything using the web browser. Then, using the browser, navigate to the PC’s manufacturer website and search for your computer installed webcam driver, the updated one.
- As you get the appropriate webcam driver, download it. During the downloading process, it is recommended not to any other task which can disturb the downloading process.
- As the webcam latest driver gets downloaded successfully, navigate to its downloading location.
- After that, open the downloaded file for your system webcam by clicking twice on the folder.
- Next, go for the installation process by following the on-screen instructions by clicking twice on the setup file.
- At last, restart the computer, to apply these changes.
Now, check if the error gets resolved.
Method 4: Check the Camera’s Privacy Settings
This is another workaround which you can rely on to fix the error 0xa00f4271. So, check it out.
- Firstly, open the Settings window by pressing the Windows and the letter I key at the same time.
- Then, from the Settings window, go for the Privacy option.
- After that, from the left-hand side panel under the Privacy window, click on Camera.
- Then, make sure that the “Let apps use my camera hardware” switch is enabled. Also, ensure that the “Choose apps that can use your camera” button is on.
- Next, restart your computer and check to see if the issue is solved.
Method 5: Run a Hardware Troubleshoot
After going through all these above methods, if still the error code 0xa00f4271 pop-ups while you are starting a video call, then try this method as well. Many of the users solve it by applying the steps as below.
- Again, you need to open the Settings window by following the same procedure as stated in every above method.
- Then, under the Settings window options, click on Update & security option.
- After that, from the left-hand side panel, select the “Troubleshoot” option.
- Next, scroll down the right-hand side window until you get to the “Hardware and Devices” option. Then, click on it to Continue. You will get the “Hardware and Devices” option under the “Find and fix other problems” section.
- Next, restart the computer to get your system enough time to understand these settings.
After following all these above steps, now verify the issue status by making a video call. If this time, you get no error message then, congrats. It means that you have fixed the issue.
Method 6: Fix Error Code 0xa00f4271 by Utilizing Registry Editor
You may able to fix the camera error 0xa00f4271 by following these below steps. So, without getting nervous, try it to troubleshoot this critical error.
- Foremost, open the Run bar window. For this, tap the Windows key for a single time, this will activate the search bar. After that, on the search bar, type “Run” and hit the Enter key to open the Run bar.
- Next, on the Run bar, type “regedit”, without using quotations. Then, click on OK or hit the Enter key. Now, you will see that the Registry Editor window open.
- Then, look at the left-hand side panel of the Registry Editor window, you will find a folder named as “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”, click twice on it to expand.
- Now, from these expanding options, click twice on the Software folder again to expand it.
- Further, from the Software folder expanding options, follow the path as below.
WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation
- Then, right click on the “Windows Media Foundation” folder.
- After that, click on New and select the DWORD (XX-bit) Value option. Further, save the registry key named as “EnableFrameServerMode”.
- Next, click twice on the new value and set the value as “0”, and hit on OK to confirm.
- And lastly, restart your computer.
As the computer is on, now check if the issue gets resolved.
All these above are the useful workarounds, with the help of which you can get rid of the error code 0xa00f4271. So, before getting worried about the error, try all these above methods one-by-one. Hopefully, after trying some of these steps, you can fix the issue.